Page 5 of 194 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 2908

Thread: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,501
    I'm just waiting for Obama to say we need to convert to the Metric System!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

  2. #62
    rogue,
    I read all the things you posted. It sounds to me like he's promising the moon. You can't just massively cut taxes like he is proposing, AND spend Billions and Billions and Billllllions of dollars on all those social programs he wants.

    If he is going to afford all that stuff, he's going to shift the tax burden to the wealthy, and the corporations (You know, the guys who give us all jobs to feed our families?)

    Now, 2 things are going to happen with that, the first is the corporations are going to drastically raise prices in order to stay in business and remain profitable, SO in the end the every day worker will have to pay it anyway.

    TWO in those environments where raising prices is not an option, businesses will fold, especially small Mom & Pop kinds of places who just don't have the financial strength to survive it all.


    THREE (an pay close attention to this) By shifting the tax burden to the rich, and corporations what you will do is make the USofA the WORST pace in the world ot do business, so you will see a massive flood of businesses and corporations leaving the US and setting up shop in China.

    Things are really bad in the US as it is. If I had the means, *I* would set up a business in the Caribbeans somewhere, and enjoy a tax free life style now. Infact, many people do this already.

    Instead of making the flight of businesses and corporations WORSE, we need to make it MORE attractive to do business in the United states.


    You can't just coddle all the citizens of this country, and shield them from thier mistakes cradle to grave. if you do that, you will kill the rugged independence this country was founded on, and the Unties States of America will shortly be no more.

    The Soviet union fell, don't think we won't too...especially if we start following in thier footsteps.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 08-24-2008 at 11:46 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    7,501
    Excellent post RD. I have agreed with you 100% on this thread.

    Let me play off your words to make another point.

    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    Now, 2 things are going to happen with that, the first is the oil companies are going to drastically raise gas prices in order to stay in business and remain profitable, SO in the end the every driver will have to pay it anyway.

    TWO in those environments, businesses will fold, especially small Mom & Pop kinds of places dependant on gasoline who just don't have the financial strength to survive it all.
    If Obama does raise taxes on the oil companies and bans offshore drilling (which was his original position), get ready for $6 a gallon gas AT LEAST. The only reason OPEC is lowering the price now is because they see that if they do not the US may very well start pumping it's own crude. Once that option is off the table, OPEC is holding all the cards.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    2,223

    The ONLY reason Gas is down right now

    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    rogue,
    I read all the things you posted. It sounds to me like he's promising the moon. You can't just massively cut taxes like he is proposing, AND spend Billions and Billions and Billllllions of dollars on all those social programs he wants.

    If he is going to afford all that stuff, he's going to shift the tax burden to the wealthy, and the corporations (You know, the guys who give us all jobs to feed our families?)
    Bingo!

    09876543211
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

    The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

    Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

    DM


    People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

    Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

  6. #66
    The wealthy already pay more taxes than the middle class. In fact, they pay more in TAXES than the common man even makes in a year.

    What needs to be done, is have it is so everyone shoulders thier fair share, not make it so one segment of the population is raped to support everyone else.

  7. #67
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

    The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

    Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

    DM


    People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

    Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in your mind *****
    Posts
    1,670
    The third line in the first paragraph of that article rogue is where the money is at...

  9. #69
    Aside from his brain washed drones, i think Obama scares the hell out of everyone else. Hillary does too.

    The real question is this, once the law suites are filed, and it is proven Obama can't be president because of his citizenship status, does Hillary become the dems candidate? or does McCain automatically win by default because the Dems didn't have a candidate?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    6,515
    Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Here's hoping you and your ilk end up the minority come voting day.
    I'm not sure Merryprankster has an ilk. My impression of his politics is that it is always exceedingly well informed, and is always based around what he feels is best for America over what is best for a specific party, and some of the things I have seen him support in debate were more than welcomed by what you undoubtedly see as your "ilk". He's not a raving partisan in the least, and as an voter informed by sources more useful and subtle than those favored by partisan nutjobs, unfortunately lacks enough of an "ilk" amongst the voting population.

    I'm gonna drink a cold one to the entertaining fact that one day you are gonna be talking politics on here and you're gonna find some political point you are standing up for explained better and defended better by MP. Ask Rogue, it happens to everyone on here, regardless of party affiliation. You'll be high fiving him, sure, as his water boy.

    Ah, a nice cool SPG Special Dark...so refreshing.

  11. #71
    What KC said.

    My favorite thing that happens here is when people call MP a right wing shill. Those are clearly people new to the forum or those who don't read what he's written. Hell, even when I disagree with MP I still listen to what he's saying and will check out a lot of the books he talks about.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

    The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

    Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

    DM


    People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

    Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    koko
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post

    I'm gonna drink a cold one to the entertaining fact that one day you are gonna be talking politics on here and you're gonna find some political point you are standing up for explained better and defended better by MP. Ask Rogue, it happens to everyone on here, regardless of party affiliation. You'll be high fiving him, sure, as his water boy.

    Ah, a nice cool SPG Special Dark...so refreshing.


    Boy, that'll sure show me!

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I'm not sure Merryprankster has an ilk.
    He did, but it got hit by a car when it ran out of his yard.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

    The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

    Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

    DM


    People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

    Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    He did, but it got hit by a car when it ran out of his yard.
    Rogue, will John McCain save my ass from the turrist invasion like Bush did?

    I mean I was watching all these terrorist mixicunns come over the border and then the Glorious Homeland Security took them away in a van and I was like LOL THANK YOU GEORGE THEY WERE GONNA STEL MY JERB AND SEWERCIDE BOMB ME!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    6,515
    Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    Boy, that'll sure show me!
    I'm sorry, I'd take the time to respond, but the ilk have a lodge meeting in ten minutes. Fortunately we have been 100% successful in our current project, we've used public money to taint the water in certain cities so that conservatives there lose the ability to distinguish between moderates and communists.

    Next, we're working on a barbecue sauce that causes them to become unable to distinguish between conservative spending and wasteful spending.

    In the final phase, we're going to introduce a small amount of a pathogen to American cheese that makes them simultaneously divorce and try to blame others for the state of marriage in the U.S.

    The beauty is, no one has thus far noticed our nefarious plans at work!

    Long live the ilk![insert secret handshake]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •