Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 262

Thread: Baduanjin (8-section brocade)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    136
    I tried each posture for a few minutes, and tried to do it relaxed, but my energie was blocked in the first pic, the warrior stance, also to breath costed me some more energy,

    I guess the main thing is to check how the enery flows ? and the breathing goes,

    @taai gihk yahn, well, my qi kinda stopped when I aimed high in the warrior stances, In the other 3 moves, it went better. But when I stood deep, but I aimed horizontal, the energy was better again, but I am not sure if this had to do with my stances condition, maybe if i have 30 years of practice with warrior stances, my qi would be just as good in a deep mabu stance, that i would also practice for 30 years.

    I am more familiar with mabu`s then these over the knee warrior stances,

    Its unbilieveble that one name or posture can have such a outcome, lucky BaduanJin doesnt have 40 postures!

    Tx GeneChing for these links

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    [QUOTE=taai gihk yahn;999399

    are you being sarcastic? if not, it seems strange that you would feel the need to state this otherwise...[/QUOTE]

    No I am not being sarcastic, like I said earlier, trust your feeling and and your senses, it is your reality and what you are capable.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, while it will not make a major difference, it might perhaps give me another interesting perspective upon which to reflect: it depends; see, even after 15 years of practice, it is possible to actually gain benefit from hearing about the experience of others; in case you didn't notice, I didn't say anything about my own experience until after you assumed that I had not tried it myself - if I had come on initially stating how much I knew about it, that might have come across as arrogant; instead, I made a comment; you replied; I inquired further; then you made an assumption and it just degenerated from there, unfortunately;


    are you being sarcastic? if not, it seems strange that you would feel the need to state this otherwise...
    I know it won't make a major difference because we all feel the way we are capable of feeling, so the best way is to let everyone do what they do at the level that they are capable of doing. After 15 years, whatever second nature we have became first nature, so that is also fine with me because that is the way it is.

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    If you want a genuine discussion, why use a trick question?
    LOL - that's your preconception, it's you who decided it was a trick question - don't project your insecurity issues onto me! unless you can show me what about my question was a "trick", I think you might want to reconsider that statement!

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Just tell us how you felt after doing it for 15 years with the two different ways,
    in case you hadn't noticed, you never actually asked me about my experience; instead, you assumed I had none and then proceeded to "instruct" me as to what I ought to do in order to feel something; instead of saying "I felt 'x' when I did it w/fingers touching and 'y' w/fingers apart; what is your experience?", you were deliberately vague, and when I asked a follow up question, you shifted into your weirdness mode;
    as far as my personal experience, when I do it w/fingers closed, I feel the counterbalance between the tips of the fingers of the outstretched arm and where the rear hand connects to Lung Source point; what is important about this is that you can make very subtle changes with the rear hand to change the dynamic tension throughout the entire circuit - if the fingers are open, the posture becomes relatively static and you loose the interplay between the two sides in terms of the neural and connective tissue tension, and as such the way the breath works in context of the move changes as well - you don't get the same "lightness"; also, it's a transverse movement in general, but when you make that connection you get the vertical piece as well - making it a "+" of "sahp ji / fong" sort of thing; of course, this is my personal experience, I don't intend to suggest it is the same way for others;

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    instead of pretending you have just noticed the difference.
    LOL, where did I "pretend" anything? you really are a conspiracy-minded chap!

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    You have already told me what I have done wrong, but you still have not tell us how you are doing it right and how you feel, so where is the genuine sharing?
    you don't get it, do you? I did not presume to tell you anything until after you saw fit to instruct me on how I should do it;
    as you see above, I have now "shared" in a "genuine" way; honestly, I would have done that in the first place if anyone asked, because despite what you may have been told, there are no "secrets" - meaning that I can explain in minute detail what I am doing, but so what? did I give away anything?

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    It feels like an ambush to me.
    again, that's your issue, not mine; if you really feel that you are being set up for an ambush, why bother to engage me at all? you could have just ignored my initial suggestion and avoided the "ambush" completely; so if it felt like an ambush, then you were the one voluntarily walking into it!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    I am not enjoying this "discussion" and "sharing" so I will stop and do some qigong instead. You can keep talking.

  6. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    I am not enjoying this "discussion" and "sharing" so I will stop and do some qigong instead. You can keep talking.
    Lol
    how typical - u r shown point by point how ur misconceptions r as such, and since u can't man up and admit it, u turn tail; if this is how u rise to the challenge of frank communication, u bertter do a double session
    I also find it interesting that u still r unwilling to specify which version u felt blocked and which u didn't, even after I shared my experience openly; makes one wonder about ur intentions formposting here in the first
    place - maybe u were trying to "ambush" me?!?
    lol, freak...

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    It really is painful to "share" with you, because you don't want to listen, you just want to hear your own words, so let me say it once more in less a "Chinese thing" way:

    I know it won't make a major difference to you whatever I say, because you can only feel the way you are capable of feeling, and do what you are capable of doing, so the best way is to let you do what you do at the level that you are capable of doing and leave it at that. After 15 years, whatever second nature you have will become first nature, so that is also fine with me because that is the way it is. So by all means, feel your counterbalance, your interplay and your lightness.....

    In other words, there is no point in telling you my experience, it would only be a waste of time, because at your level, you won't be willing to and you wont be able to appreciate my experience, even though you might think otherwise and tell me you genuinely want to "share" and show me the correct way, and I am sure you will let me share with you a lot more of your verbal diarrhea as well (....it is your preconception, it is your problem, it is your issue, you are doing it wrong, how typical, you really are a conspiracy-minded chap! you don't get it, do you? blah, blah, blah...)

    LOL.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    I tried each posture for a few minutes, and tried to do it relaxed, but my energie was blocked in the first pic, the warrior stance, also to breath costed me some more energy,
    Tx GeneChing for these links
    Hi Eugene,

    You can also try Dr. Yang's way, push you back knee beyond your toes, stick your chest out a little, tilt your head a bit forward, use a "sword finger" turn side-on instead "one finger pointing to heaven" and raise your front arm and your back elbow a fraction as well, and see how you feel.

    It says on the cover of Dr. Yang's video "8 Simple Qigong Exercise", but it is not that simple as you have noticed and that is a good start.
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 03-15-2010 at 06:37 PM.

  9. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    "are you really that obtuse? or are you just doing the "Chinese thing"?
    as you are doubtless aware, this is a DISCUSSION forum
    people come here to DISCUSS things
    DISCUSSION usually involves two or more people sharing experiences
    since you had mentioned your experience trying the two different ways, I was curious which one generated the results you mentioned; hence, I attempted to engage you in a DISCUSSION about it;
    so that's why I asked;"


    If you want a genuine discussion, why use a trick question?

    Just tell us how you felt after doing it for 15 years with the two different ways, instead of pretending you have just noticed the difference.

    You have already told me what I have done wrong, but you still have not tell us how you are doing it right and how you feel, so where is the genuine sharing?

    It feels like an ambush to me.

    I was born Chinese, so I cannot help but doing the "Chinese thing".
    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    It really is painful to "share" with you, because you don't want to listen, you just want to hear your own words, so let me say it once more in less a "Chinese thing" way:

    I know it won't make a major difference to you whatever I say, because you can only feel the way you are capable of feeling, and do what you are capable of doing, so the best way is to let you do what you do at the level that you are capable of doing and leave it at that. After 15 years, whatever second nature you have will become first nature, so that is also fine with me because that is the way it is. So by all means, feel your counterbalance, your interplay and your lightness.....

    In other words, there is no point in telling you my experience, it would only be a waste of time, because at your level, you won't be willing to and you wont be able to appreciate my experience, even though you might think otherwise and tell me you genuinely want to "share" and show me the correct way, and I am sure you will let me share with you a lot more of your verbal diarrhea as well (....it is your preconception, it is your problem, it is your issue, you are doing it wrong, how typical, you really are a conspiracy-minded chap! you don't get it, do you? blah, blah, blah...)

    LOL.
    Joseph,

    You are WAY projecting your issues!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    Yes, I guess I am and you are not projecting.

  11. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    It really is painful to "share" with you, because you don't want to listen, you just want to hear your own words,
    really? that's interesting, because initially, I asked for other people's opinion, I didn't give mine at all; so where you are getting that I want to hear my own words is strange, especially after I asked you to be specific, and you then criticized ME for not sharing openly; do you realize this contradiction in your reasoning? either you don't which is scary, or you are trolling, which is fine, but you need to do a better job of it;

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    so let me say it once more in less a "Chinese thing" way:
    I know it won't make a major difference to you whatever I say, because you can only feel the way you are capable of feeling, and do what you are capable of doing, so the best way is to let you do what you do at the level that you are capable of doing and leave it at that.
    well, this, in general, is true for anyone, including yourself; so what's your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    After 15 years, whatever second nature you have will become first nature, so that is also fine with me because that is the way it is. So by all means, feel your counterbalance, your interplay and your lightness.....
    I'm not sure why you feel the need to validate my experiences for me - why would I need for you, some random stranger on an internet forum, to tell me that it's "ok" to feel whatever it is I am feeling? also, the tenor of your response suggests that you do not think much the content of my "open sharing" - indeed, you seem to be somewhat dismissive about the terms I use (as if they were, I don't know, merely speculation?!?); which, frankly, is fine, because you may not wish to characterize your experience in a similar manner; however, in stead of responding in a tone that suggests belittlement, why not argue their use on their own merits if you find them inadequate or inappropriate in your estimation?

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    In other words, there is no point in telling you my experience, it would only be a waste of time, because at your level, you won't be willing to and you wont be able to appreciate my experience, even though you might think otherwise and tell me you genuinely want to "share" and show me the correct way, and I am sure you will let me share with you a lot more of your verbal diarrhea as well (....it is your preconception, it is your problem, it is your issue, you are doing it wrong, how typical, you really are a conspiracy-minded chap! you don't get it, do you? blah, blah, blah...)
    wow...
    first off, where are you getting that I want to show you the "correct way"? if you recall, you were the first to "offer" instruction to me; second, seriously dude, you are just going off the deep end with this - you accuse me of asking a trick-question (which you answered, BTW), accuse me of ambushing you, accuse me of not wanting to share, and when I do accuse me of wanting to show you the correct way; whaddupwiddat?either you're a nutter, or you're trolling - please clarify!
    second, it is a common (overused) web-fu tactic to characterize another person's posts as predictable and excessively verbose (verbal diarrhea) in order to to get an emotional response; but honestly, such ad hominum attacks are really just pathetic and demonstrate your own lack of ability to engage in any sort of reasoned discourse - but you've proven that by your repeated contradicting yourself (in fact, the fact that you are still taking part in this discussion after doing your little earlier panties-in-a-bunch storm-off demonstrates that you go back on what you say as it suits you), not to mention your somewhat paranoid perspective (trick questions, ambushes, etc.);

    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    LOL.
    yes, I'm sure that you are

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Joseph,
    You are WAY projecting your issues!
    and the Understatement of the Year Award goes to...the Junior Senator from Massachusetts!!!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    I am sure you will have a lot more to say, please continue...

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Yes, I guess I am and you are not projecting.
    Hmmm, let me get this straight.....I am projecting by saying you are projecting?????

    How did you get there from your fantasy land?

    I would be interested to learn your reasoning, since so far, you have demonstrated little ability to reason, but a very great capacity for reading nefarious intentions into the comments of others, which IS projecting!

  14. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    really? that's interesting, because initially, I asked for other people's opinion, I didn't give mine at all; so where you are getting that I want to hear my own words is strange, especially after I asked you to be specific, and you then criticized ME for not sharing openly; do you realize this contradiction in your reasoning? either you don't which is scary, or you are trolling, which is fine, but you need to do a better job of it;
    It is clear that by asking for other people's opinions you are really seeking to trap others into making foolish comments in order to embarrass them!

    You are ONE evil and conniving SOB!!

    I'll be keeping my eyes on you!!!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Hmmm, let me get this straight.....I am projecting by saying you are projecting?????

    How did you get there from your fantasy land?

    I would be interested to learn your reasoning, since so far, you have demonstrated little ability to reason, but a very great capacity for reading nefarious intentions into the comments of others, which IS projecting!
    Let me stop projecting

    Let me stop project

    Let me stop pro

    Let me stop.

    Let me

    Let
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 03-15-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •