Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85

Thread: Casey Anthony walks

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Sure you do. It's the human element , beyond the lawyers, the robots , the technicalities and the blah blah

    It's the insurance for justice for absurd situations such as this.

    If the jury had been allowed to convict on feeling the case would be over, really over and justice served.

    Actually, I thought they were allowed to convict if they thought the person guilty on circumstantial evidence I guess not.

    This is the problem then, in the injustice system.

    --->

    Ah... so Jameson watches Nancy Grace and CNN Headline news .. after telling everyone he only watches the beaver channels.

    nope

    something is emotionally broken with you too.

    my comment about nancy grace had to do with the news around her and how she was fueling the witch hunt on what is otherwise just some dumb broad who is careless and doesn't give a crap.

    why the heck would I watch that stupid vapid vaccuous twat? lol

    right up there with other American female favs like "the view" or any number of other lamo "emotional intelligence" crap.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Sure you do. It's the human element , beyond the lawyers, the robots , the technicalities and the blah blah

    It's the insurance for justice for absurd situations such as this.

    If the jury had been allowed to convict on feeling the case would be over, really over and justice served.

    Actually, I thought they were allowed to convict if they thought the person guilty on circumstantial evidence I guess not.

    This is the problem then, in the injustice system.

    --->

    Ah... so Jameson watches Nancy Grace and CNN Headline news .. after telling everyone he only watches the beaver channels.

    nope

    something is mentally and emotionally broken with you too.

    my comment about nancy grace had to do with the news around her and how she was fueling the witch hunt on what is otherwise just some dumb broad who is careless and doesn't give a crap.

    why the heck would I watch that stupid vapid vaccuous twat? lol

    right up there with other American female favs like "the view" or any number of other lamo "emotional intelligence" crap.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  3. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    If the jury had been allowed to convict on feeling the case would be over, really over and justice served.

    Actually, I thought they were allowed to convict if they thought the person guilty on circumstantial evidence I guess not.
    They are allowed to do just that. Of course if there is really no or slim evidence or they disregard the judge's instructions to them, that's what we have the appeals process for.

    I look at it this way, since no one can come up with a logical REASON why she did not report the child missing for 31 days, and even then she never did make a report (the grandmother did), there is no REASONABLE DOUBT she didn't know the child was dead and didn't have a hand in it. Sure, the State likely did not prove murder, but they proved manslaughter and child abuse imo.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    They are allowed to do just that. Of course if there is really no or slim evidence or they disregard the judge's instructions to them, that's what we have the appeals process for.

    I look at it this way, since no one can come up with a logical REASON why she did not report the child missing for 31 days, and even then she never did make a report (the grandmother did), there is no REASONABLE DOUBT she didn't know the child was dead and didn't have a hand in it. Sure, the State likely did not prove murder, but they proved manslaughter and child abuse imo.
    How about embarrassment for her own negligence?
    denial? drug stupor? Just a dumb beeotch?

    I'm not surprised by how self serving and stupid people are. It seems pretty obvious to me.

    what's not obvious is whether or not she killed the tot and the judgment reflects that there was no evidence that was solid to convict.

    You can't convict someone of being a crappy parent.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    6,515
    The prosecution is at fault, period. They couldn't prove the case, they could've pursued charges they could prove, but didn't.

    As for basing analysis of Casey Anthony on what sane people do, that's a dead end. She's a nutbag.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    The prosecution is at fault, period. They couldn't prove the case, they could've pursued charges they could prove, but didn't.

    As for basing analysis of Casey Anthony on what sane people do, that's a dead end. She's a nutbag.
    She's weird for sure.

    the prosecution had 3 years to get it together and couldn't.

    I don't know about you, but she doesn't strike me as a homicide department of justice foiling murderous mastermind. Just some idiocratic chick who uses less brains that god gave her.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post

    @Jameison "twat"? I thought Canadians were disinfected for sexism? Aren't you in a state of political incorrectness with the established doctrine of your national image? They had better not let you on the stage at the rallies.

    Does hating Americans make you feel more Canadian? Prejudice is a form of artificial identity empowerment, The more you pump it the less real it is and it always needs to be fed. Culture that is not benign is dysfunctional and needs to be abandoned.
    hating americans? bwahahaha.

    meds. they're your friend, take them now.

    wolfpup, you got some growin up to do boy.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    The prosecution is at fault, period. They couldn't prove the case, they could've pursued charges they could prove, but didn't.

    As for basing analysis of Casey Anthony on what sane people do, that's a dead end. She's a nutbag.
    That's basically it. They had nothing to prove their case, and went for it anyway. She could have easily been convicted of other charges, but they dropped the ball on that.

    It's such a mess now, I doubt we'll ever know who actually did it.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

    Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

    A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

    "You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

    "Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Avoiding the questions. denial and personal attack. Not much substance in the world you live in.
    So how about that sexism of yours. Don't you people have to take community service courses for that?
    Juries are supposed to be able to convict without absolute proof, that is supposed to be the human safeguard to absurd situations. If they don't have that , that is what has gone wrong.


    That's a busted system.
    yap yap yap- you don't know crap about the justice system in your country I guess.
    Juries convict when evidence presented is "beyond reasonable doubt". THey couldn't even get beyond reasonable doubt.

    Dude you're a troll, you say I'm sexist, but it's just you being an idiot about some little thing said.

    you have zero substance whatsoever, just an anonymous 14 year old being an internet troll.



    loser.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    6,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I doubt we'll ever know who actually did it.
    It was Jon Benet Ramsey.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

  11. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    That's basically it. They had nothing to prove their case, and went for it anyway. She could have easily been convicted of other charges, but they dropped the ball on that.

    It's such a mess now, I doubt we'll ever know who actually did it.
    They had alot of evidence. The fact Casey did not report her 2 year old missing, the fact that her trunk smelled like human decomposition was testified to by at least 2 witnesses, including a retired cop. Traces of chloroform were found in the trunk. They showed her partying while she claimed to be looking for her kid. She lied to police about alot of things, her employment status, she said that Caylee called her on like the 30th day, and she lied about Zanaida Gonzalez (sp?) having Caylee. Then we have the searches for chloroform made when only Casey had access to that computer. Innocent people do not tell lie after lie after lie.

    And remember, saying they had no cause of death is not a 'get out of jail card free'. We've seen people convicted when no body is even ever found.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    6,515
    Other cases aren't this one. They dropped the ball, period, end of story. Hell, it was a death penalty case, which tends to mean more hardline juries, and they still couldn't do it.

    No one's fault but the prosecutors'.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post

    And remember, saying they had no cause of death is not a 'get out of jail card free'. We've seen people convicted when no body is even ever found.
    You've seen innocent people executed too and black men lynched for being black men.

    this is less than 50 years ago!

    Seriously dude, what sort of deluded rose painted view do you have of your country?

    yeesh.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  14. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Other cases aren't this one. They dropped the ball, period, end of story. Hell, it was a death penalty case, which tends to mean more hardline juries, and they still couldn't do it.

    No one's fault but the prosecutors'.
    My point was we've seen convictions with alot less evidence. FYI, most legal experts are saying the prosecution did fine, they just got stuck with a bad jury. As to a death penalty case having hardline juries, that's not the case anymore than any other jury. The defense gets to strike plenty of potential jurors without any reason, and you can bet they strike the hardline types most of all. Hell, they even had a juror who admitted she doesn't like to judge people. How you can anyone say she is a hardline, and how did she even make it on to the jury?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Kansas City, KS
    Posts
    6,515
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    My point was we've seen convictions with alot less evidence. FYI, most legal experts are saying the prosecution did fine, they just got stuck with a bad jury.
    No.

    As to a death penalty case having hardline juries, that's not the case anymore than any other jury.
    Wrong.

    The defense gets to strike plenty of potential jurors without any reason, and you can bet they strike the hardline types most of all.
    Death penalty juries almost to a person are made up of people who don't oppose the death penalty, a demographic that is more hardline than other juries, by definition.

    Hell, they even had a juror who admitted she doesn't like to judge people. How you can anyone say she is a hardline, and how did she even make it on to the jury?
    Ever hear of trial by a jury of your peers. One juror hardly makes your argument.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •