Thread: Joe Rogan

Hybrid View

It makes me a bit sad to watch that clip. It's clear he doesn't understand what kung fu is.
    He laughs at moves like 'Tiger claws' and 'monkey fists', but HIS teacher uses colorful names like 'chill dog' and 'jiu claw'. A name is just a name- the training that goes behind it to make it effective is the what 'kung fu' means. It is a valid criticism that many Chinese martial artists have an overestimation of how much fighting skill they actually have- but that's just because of a lack of actual sparring and fighting experience, not the techniques themselves (SURELY everybody knows that a tiger claw to the face would hurt, that does not need to be proven?)
    He says that when the two kung fu guys fought, it turned into an MMA match...
    Actually, it turned into a fight. 'Hammerfist in side control" is not muay thai OR BJJ - its fighting. MMA guys fight- so it looked like that.
    Simple really.

"Sport MA" has done alot to damage the consistency of the martial side so I understand that Joe's comment was solid to the point of the unwillingness of 'kungfools" to see both sides of the equation. I am amused that although he, himself would fare terribly in such an encounter, he does acknowledge the 'legend in their own mind" attitude of many on all sides!

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    I am amused that although he, himself would fare terribly in such an encounter, he does acknowledge the 'legend in their own mind" attitude of many on all sides!
    Rogan has a Brown Belt in BJJ. Id put my money on Rogan if he went up against either of those two idiots.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

joe rogan is right

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    joe rogan is right
    Without a doubt he would be correct concerning any kung fu that you have been involved with.

bawang is right

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    bawang is always right... first rule
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.