Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: January/February 2012

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,091

    January/February 2012

    Our table of contents is now online.



    Unfortunately, we has already gone to press when we heard of Grandmaster Ming Lum's passing. Consequently, the news story, Grandmaster Ming Lum's 85th Birthday By Zhao Xiaohu, will seem dated. We'll have an obituary, for both GM Ming Lum and GM Al Novak in print for our next issue.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,091

    Now available for iPad and Android!

    This issue includes a special bonus video of The Little Details of Wushu By Greg Lynch Jr. exclusively for Zinio readers!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    How do I view it?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    This issue includes a special bonus video of The Little Details of Wushu By Greg Lynch Jr. exclusively for Zinio readers!
    Is there supposed to be a link from the article? The only video link I saw was on page two in the Kelly Kim ad....

    Thanks for continually trying to improve the zinio experience though. It makes it worthwhile having to wait longer than the print subscribers.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,162
    I bought my subscription a few weeks ago and am still awaiting my first issue...hint hint.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

    "I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

    "Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    Any chance you are going to get KFM on the Nook Color?

    That would be cool!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,091

    Tjr, HH & FX

    Tjr: Go to page 80 for the vid.

    HH: You should have made this delivery, but double check with Sales@MartialArtsMart.com. Unfortunately, we're all being affected by the strain on the USPS, so subscription deliveries are getting even more sluggish across the board. Sorry about that.

    FX: We're exploring Kindle now. Nook is next on our list. We're contractually committed to Zinio for several more issues - and they've been doing quite well by us. As for the other tablets, well, it's a bit of a game, isn't it? Which technology is going to be the most fruitful? Of course, if Zinio starts working for the other platforms, the problem is solved. But it's a big scuffle in the publishing world right now. We'll see.

    Thanks for your feedback everyone!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Taijiren View Post
    Is there supposed to be a link from the article? The only video link I saw was on page two in the Kelly Kim ad....

    Thanks for continually trying to improve the zinio experience though. It makes it worthwhile having to wait longer than the print subscribers.
    Comments on the YouTube channels are also welcome.

    Same goes for our heh Vimeo channel.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    No vid link

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Tjr: Go to page 80 for the vid.
    When I go to page 80, all I see is the big pic of Li Jing staring back at me with a sword in hand (well, and all the text). The only link on the page is to kungfumagazine.com's main page. There's no little box with a video link like there is on page C2 for the Tiger Claw Kelly Kim ad.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,091

    That's weird

    It works for us. There should be a hypertext link that presents the screen. It's different than the Kelly Kim link as that's just an embedded hypertext to a YouTube vid (it's a snap code in the print magazine) and this is an actual embedded video.

    What are you viewing it on?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It works for us. There should be a hypertext link that presents the screen. It's different than the Kelly Kim link as that's just an embedded hypertext to a YouTube vid (it's a snap code in the print magazine) and this is an actual embedded video.

    What are you viewing it on?
    I'm using a 64GB iPad 2 (wifi only).

    Where in the article is the hyperlink? I tried deleting the issue and downloading it again, but I still only see a hyperlink to kungfumagazine.com on that page.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    46

    iPhone 4 - no bueno either

    I just tried downloading the issue to my iPhone 4 and get the same result - no video on page 80.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,091

    We see the problem now

    Working on it. Thanks Tjr!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    FX: We're exploring Kindle now. Nook is next on our list. We're contractually committed to Zinio for several more issues - and they've been doing quite well by us. As for the other tablets, well, it's a bit of a game, isn't it? Which technology is going to be the most fruitful? Of course, if Zinio starts working for the other platforms, the problem is solved. But it's a big scuffle in the publishing world right now. We'll see.
    Why kindle? The Nook is awesome!

    Anyways, it would make a difference because e-subs are usually cheaper and I have more electronic space than physical living in an apartment. Hope you guys can work something out though, it would be great.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,091

    Haa, see, we're still trying to get on top of iPad...

    There's an investment of both time and money with each tablet platform. For starters, we need the hardware, just to see what we're doing. We have some iPads here, and a Kindle Fire is on the way. We don't have a Nook yet. All good things in all good time.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,392
    Btw, really enjoyed the article on Chan Koon Tai.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •