Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 85

Thread: "Fighting is Easy"

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Great Lakes State, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,646
    This video of an inexperienced kid up against an UN-conscioused sociopath is criminal. Kids and people in general should avoid confrontations with such. When they see their own tombstone in your eyes they have some brainwave activity that stops their forward motion. I guarantee that kid had to be rushed to the hospital, because it was filmed, there is reason to suspect even more wrongdoing.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    4,885
    Actually, the bigger kid had been bullied relentlessly. Right or not, IMO, he was justified in slamming the other kid. If I remember correctly, the one who filmed it was one of the smaller kid's cronies helping him record another session of bullying.

  3. #63
    the little guy was the instagater from my eyes. he got what he deserved.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan



    Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Shell Beach, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    MY OPINION is that modern mma is more primal or instinctive and less of a stylized system. Not that either are more or less effective in sport combat, but that a system is harder to learn and apply in combat, but better overall for street wise self defense.
    Agree! The "hip throw" is much harder to develop than the "pull guard". Sometime MMA guys may like to take the short cut.

    What is "system"? On wrestling mat, teacher also comments on his student, "He has technique". When a teacher says that, it doesn't mean that his student uses his move successfully but his student tries to use legitimate move. What's legitimate move? It's a move from the style.

    If a SC guy uses

    - "hip throw", he is using his system.
    - "pull guard", he is not using his system because "pull guard" does not exist in his SC system.
    http://johnswang.com

    More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    What is "system"? On wrestling mat, teacher also comments on his student, "He has technique". When a teacher says that, it doesn't mean that his student uses his move successfully but his student tries to use legitimate move. What's legitimate move? It's a move from the style.
    That is a good question. What is the difference between system and technique? Both have techniques to use for combat, both can work and be applicable in sport or self defense.

    Natural techniques are things that anyone uses in a fighting situation without having had any instruction from a teacher. An example is that bomb hook punch from left field. Any can use with out any training or learning any system. Another example is the "Rush in and tackle method", all people can use this without training.

    Eagle Claw system has an indepth Chin Na / Grappling system and takes many years to become proficient to use this method. Mantis has a trapping system again that years to master. These techniques combined with other techniques are not "Natural" and are more difficult to apply in combat.

    ginosifu

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    years to master
    your sifu has milked you well. you are a good dog.

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    your sifu has milked you well. you are a good dog.
    Milked what? I have not paid my sifu a nickel in over 15 years. When I started the instructor program I no longer paid tuition and just trained for free ever since.

    sorry bout that bawang

    ginosifu

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    This is the exact thing I have been preacging for a while now. Anyone can brawl or street fight:



    These primal / instinctive / natural moves are in our genetic make up. Learning a stylized system is hard.

    MY OPINION is that modern mma is more primal or instinctive and less of a stylized system. Not that either are more or less effective in sport combat, but that a system is harder to learn and apply in combat, but better overall for street wise self defense.



    I have been trying to get this point across to everyone to no avail. Arrrghh

    ginosifu

    Ok first of all, size matters. Clearly. If the big kid was the same size as the lil guy, that would NOT have happened.

    Second, just because the kid was being bullied does not mean he has no experience. Maybe he wrestles with an older brother or something. You don't know and you can't use this as an example because of all the unknown variables. Horrible example, horrible. Huge fail, HUGE. Come on, man.

    Yeah sure, anyone can swing their arms or hold on and throw, is that your point here? And if they double the weight of their opponent, they will most likely win. What a revelation.


    You think that lil kid had a broken ankle after that? That curb looks like it would have done most of the damage.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    This video of an inexperienced kid up against an UN-conscioused sociopath is criminal. Kids and people in general should avoid confrontations with such. When they see their own tombstone in your eyes they have some brainwave activity that stops their forward motion. I guarantee that kid had to be rushed to the hospital, because it was filmed, there is reason to suspect even more wrongdoing.
    I've seen the full clip. The big kid actually takes alot of abuse before he fights back.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    Milked what? I have not paid my sifu a nickel in over 15 years. When I started the instructor program I no longer paid tuition and just trained for free ever since.

    sorry bout that bawang

    ginosifu
    then why u talking like a ricebowl saying kung fu fighting is so unnatural it takes decades to learn how to fight? thats bullshiet mang. thats outlandish.

    you saying when your hair is turning white and your body is breaking down and you getting old and sickly, thats when you finally learn how to fight wit kung fu. the fuk outta here.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  11. #71
    Here is the full clip for a bit of context. Personally, I think the big kid showed remarkable restraint even if he did go a lil overboard with the solution. That being said, I don't think he intended to do so much harm. He just flowed with it. Had they been the same size, 80% of the time that would have just ended in a dry-humping stale mate. The psychology here is very interesting. The big kid was insecure from the get go and that is why I think he went overboard. He was scared and went with it. Had he been more secure he may have realised the kind of harm he was about to cause. Yeah the lil guy was a piece of shit but he didn't deserve what he got. He deserved the lesson, but not the damage that may very well be long term.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfn4...eature=related


    Can I embed vids here?


    more context:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...I&feature=fvwp

  12. #72
    If you instigate a situation like that, if you back someone into a corner and push them so far, if you start striking an innocent individual you deserve that. The bully had plenty opportunity to walk away. Two weeks worth of opportunity.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    888
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Ok first of all, size matters. Clearly. If the big kid was the same size as the lil guy, that would NOT have happened.

    Second, just because the kid was being bullied does not mean he has no experience. Maybe he wrestles with an older brother or something. You don't know and you can't use this as an example because of all the unknown variables. Horrible example, horrible. Huge fail, HUGE. Come on, man.

    Yeah sure, anyone can swing their arms or hold on and throw, is that your point here? And if they double the weight of their opponent, they will most likely win. What a revelation.


    You think that lil kid had a broken ankle after that? That curb looks like it would have done most of the damage.
    Your missing the point: First the clip is from MK (I'm not good at clips and pics). I just seen it in this thread earlier and copied it. The idea is that you do not need any MA training to brawl.

    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    then why u talking like a ricebowl saying kung fu fighting is so unnatural it takes decades to learn how to fight? thats bullshiet mang. thats outlandish.

    you saying when your hair is turning white and your body is breaking down and you getting old and sickly, thats when you finally learn how to fight wit kung fu. the fuk outta here.
    Your not understanding the point I was trying to make. Brawling is natural and takes no training. Learning a style may take several years to get good at. You are right when you get old.... I am almost 50 and always out skill my younger opponents.

    ginosifu

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post

    Your not understanding the point I was trying to make. Brawling is natural and takes no training. Learning a style may take several years to get good at. You are right when you get old.... I am almost 50 and always out skill my younger opponents.

    ginosifu
    ok. go fight in mma right now, skilled master.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-20-2012 at 07:03 AM.

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    ok. go fight in mma right now, skilled master.
    Easy now.

    Try to be civil for pete's sake.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •