Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 460

Thread: snake engine dymistify

  1. #1

    snake engine dymistify

    for those who is interested.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcxOSqx7KTQ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    482
    Mr. Santos, you are aware that some of us suffer from ADD (attention deficit disorder) and consequently don't have the mental capacity to watch these clips from start to finish without our minds wandering.

    In fact trying to watch them is almost physically painful, like when my wife makes me watch a particularly tedious episode of Antiques Road Show, ...only not as interesting. Sorry, I know the fault is mine.

    Anyway, Do you ever post some nice, exciting demo's of what you are talking about?
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

    http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Mr. Santos, you are aware that some of us suffer from ADD (attention deficit disorder) and consequently don't have the mental capacity to watch these clips from start to finish without our minds wandering.

    In fact trying to watch them is almost physically painful, like when my wife makes me watch a particularly tedious episode of Antiques Road Show, ...only not as interesting. Sorry, I know the fault is mine.

    Anyway, Do you ever post some nice, exciting demo's of what you are talking about?
    As I say, It is only for those who is interested.
    Please Ignore me if it is not your interest.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    In fact trying to watch them is almost physically painful, like when my wife makes me watch a particularly tedious episode of Antiques Road Show, ...only not as interesting. Sorry, I know the fault is mine.
    Dude, you diss the Antiques Roadshow unfairly. Plus Fiona (the host) is a hottie.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

    WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Dude, you diss the Antiques Roadshow unfairly. Plus Fiona (the host) is a hottie.
    Fiona Bruce... getting Anerlich's snake engine working

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    5,714
    Yep, not a lot to dimystify (sic) there
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

    WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    for those who is interested.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcxOSqx7KTQ
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hendrik- I appreciated reading the readable English translation of the concepts of the snake and crane in wing chun. There are gulfs between words and action. You have a background in Yik Kam's version of the art and you have posted pictures from the HK snake/crane school.

    My comment is that it is possible to understand the principles alluded to in a well developed Ip Man lineage- without any reference to or imitation of shapes from the two schools that have been part of your posts.

    I know that many people claiming to do wing chun just use the label "wing chun" but do things quite differently.

    Some of the other Yik Kam and Cho family people have imported some clf and hung ga into what they do.

    What I do comes from an unbroken transmission with major contributions along the way within the framework of wing chun,

    I am not giving you a hard time but just commenting from a perspective somewhat different from yours

  8. #8
    Joy,

    The article on snake crane elements in the red boat era is to present what exist in that era as it is by evidence .

    It is not about chogar or Ipman or anyone or any evolution.

    It is we find the evidence and we present them as it is. The WCK world deserve to see what is exist.

    Thus, in these article we use ancient WCK kuen kuit as the reference And not anyone lineage. But common denominator of red boat era WCK.


    The YouTube in the thread is to present What is a snake body or snake engine, how the snake body related to the physical world in term of momentum, force, force change, and accereation, the physics basic elements.

    How snake body support the
    four type of basic momentum/force operation: push back, sustain, recieve, and issue.
    three types of WCK force change handling : the direct, roundabout, and recovery.
    five common type of momentum/force play basic elements : lead, collision, split, block, and absorb. Which are the basic of chisau and combat applications.

    How the red boat era WCK elements translate to today's view.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hendrik- I appreciated reading the readable English translation of the concepts of the snake and crane in wing chun. There are gulfs between words and action. You have a background in Yik Kam's version of the art and you have posted pictures from the HK snake/crane school.

    My comment is that it is possible to understand the principles alluded to in a well developed Ip Man lineage- without any reference to or imitation of shapes from the two schools that have been part of your posts.

    I know that many people claiming to do wing chun just use the label "wing chun" but do things quite differently.

    Some of the other Yik Kam and Cho family people have imported some clf and hung ga into what they do.

    What I do comes from an unbroken transmission with major contributions along the way within the framework of wing chun,

    I am not giving you a hard time but just commenting from a perspective somewhat different from yours
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Joy,

    The article on snake crane elements in the red boat era is to present what exist in that era as it is by evidence .

    It is not about chogar or Ipman or anyone or any evolution.


    It is we find the evidence and we present them as it is. The WCK world deserve to see what is exist.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think that we are mis communicating. I accept the snake crane conceptions in the red boat era.
    The snake crane school is their and your version of evidence-there are others.
    I am not doing you tube but if we sat down I could show and explain better than
    fragmented forum chats.

  10. #10
    Joy

    Please read my edit above.

    I really don't understand your point bringing up Ipman lineage . And chogar ....




    Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think that we are mis communicating. I accept the snake crane conceptions in the red boat era.
    The snake crane school is their and your version of evidence-there are others.
    I am not doing you tube but if we sat down I could show and explain better than
    fragmented forum chats.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2013 at 10:04 AM.

  11. #11
    I am ready to see the dynamics in action Hendrik. Lets see a looooong clip of the idea "hands on ".

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I am ready to see the dynamics in action Hendrik. Lets see a looooong clip of the idea "hands on ".
    My hands on Dynamic action is

    If someone has access to physical education reserch lab. It will be great to see these experiment carry out in modern physics.



    Your dynamic action might be different then mine.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    My hands on Dynamic action is

    If someone has access to physical education reserch lab. It will be great to see these experiment carry out in modern physics.



    Your dynamic action might be different then mine.
    You can make 20 min clips of all talking, but none with you in action with another human ?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    You can make 20 min clips of all talking, but none with you in action with another human ?
    It deal with The law of Physics.

    Certainly, not about, I am can do this, I am better then you....

    It is about what it is iN term of physics instead of I can do this, I can fight, I can... My way,...etc.

    It is not about showing what I can do or how good I can do. It is not my show buzz but what it is in term of physical reality.


    For example, one now know there are

    Four types of basic operation, thus, it is no longer just standing there holding the structure to resisting. There more then that.

    Three types of WCK force change handling, thus, it is no longer just the ck angling..etc and ignore other two types.

    Five basic ways of momentum /force change handling in chi sau and combat applications, thus, it is no longer just chain punch, put structure to collide . One needs more then that to play in the physical world .


    My focus in on what and why. Not on I am better , I am the way....etc. in fact, I am not the model, but the content of what and why different element is needed to play in the physical world is the focus.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2013 at 12:48 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    It deal with The law of Physics.

    Certainly, not about, I am can do this, I am better then you....

    It is about what it is iN term of physics instead of I can do this, I can fight, I can... My way,...etc.
    I don’t think that you have to fight anyone or prove anything dealing with fighting to show your dynamics in action.

    Are you saying that they can’t be seen on tape without some type of lab work and the human eye cannot see that results/affects of one's dynamic’s in play, but only the calibrations of lab work could show your dynamic’s in application?
    Last edited by Ali. R; 03-04-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •