Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: New WingChunKwoon site is live.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,699

    New WingChunKwoon site is live.

    My new website is live now: www.wckwoon.com
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

    WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Phil,

    Nice site.
    Wish you all the best.
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Whittier, Ca
    Posts
    406
    Add one to the hit count. Nice site!
    I noticed you have a location by the Staples Center. If you haven't you need to hit The Pantry. Landmark in LA.
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"

  4. #4

    One of the nicest martial arts sites ever!

    Wow! I like everything about the website. Visually appealing. Informative. Very professional.

  5. #5
    Phil

    Why do you open the stance as in BJ in SLT and CK?

    The reason for this circling of the legs has a reason in my BJ but the same idea cannot apply to SLT and CK.

    I had a look around your site. Very well put together but a very very very very very very very different system of Wing Chun to what I practice.

  6. #6
    hmm I really like the site. have to say though I first read it as mckwoon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Phil

    Why do you open the stance as in BJ in SLT and CK?

    The reason for this circling of the legs has a reason in my BJ but the same idea cannot apply to SLT and CK.

    I had a look around your site. Very well put together but a very very very very very very very different system of Wing Chun to what I practice.
    We don't do the pigeon toed stance so we open the way you saw.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

    WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    I had a look around your site. Very well put together but a very very very very very very very different system of Wing Chun to what I practice.
    Yeah, it seems to be one of the few that have evidence of being able to actually work in full-contact settings.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be one of the few that have evidence of being able to actually work in full-contact settings.
    Lmao ! Stalker alert ; )

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Yeah, it seems to be one of the few that have evidence of being able to actually work in full-contact settings.
    Yes let's sit back and watch La Roux ruin another thread with his BS

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    We don't do the pigeon toed stance so we open the way you saw.
    In the hope that La BS doesn't ruin this thread Phil......Why don't you turn the feet in? Is it traditional or did WC take it out for a specific reason?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    New Jersey/NYC
    Posts
    831
    Very nice website Phil..The old one was great to.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath



    There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Why don't you turn the feet in? Is it traditional or did WC take it out for a specific reason?
    Maybe because in actual fighting, no one turns the feet in.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Maybe because in actual fighting, no one turns the feet in.
    Ha ha! That has got to be one of the funniest things I've heard for ages. LMFAO


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    In the hope that La BS doesn't ruin this thread Phil......Why don't you turn the feet in? Is it traditional or did WC take it out for a specific reason?
    We just keep the feet straight so that the lower legs are in as much of a straight column as possible while still pinching forward. We keep the feet straight like the "character 2" in YJKYM.
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 04-07-2013 at 10:57 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

    WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •