Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: how about this for a quote

  1. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    This you know because??? Always interesting when people have conclusions based on heresay about people that may or may not have existed thousands of years ago.
    You are entitled to your opinion of course...certainly not based on anything factual.
    Here's an idea, READ A BOOK... maybe learn how history works, you know things like DOCUMENTS and RECORDS... then you wouldn't sound so ignorant
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,162
    Interesting quote coming from you, I'd like to see a detailed reading list from you. History books are full of distorted and inaccurate or debatable information, based on the human element of the victor, cultural perspective, and politics. It's neither here nor there...I allowed myself to buy into your trolling...my apologies.

    Note to self, more coffee.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

    "I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

    "Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

  3. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post

    History books are full of distorted and inaccurate or debatable information,
    classic anti-intellectualism
    lord forbid you read a book

    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post

    I allowed myself to buy into your trolling...
    you threw a temper tantrum, presumably because you don't understand who in that list is a verifiable person, who is not....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    classic anti-intellectualism
    Quite the contrary...I'll explain it to you when you get older.

    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you threw a temper tantrum, presumably because you don't understand who in that list is a verifiable person, who is not....
    Coming from a man who's reading list includes Mad Magazine.

    Troll on Sweetcheeks.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

    "I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

    "Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

  5. #20
    Is that all you have? What's funny is you don't even realize that you are demonstrating my point for me.....

    I suppose we should blame the school system, that's why he can't read and comprehend
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Hey boss, da topic, da topic!!!!

    Nice Tatu, good idea, lets stay on topic.

    Kung Fu is good for you.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,300

    da topic indeed...

    FLAN BELT

    oh yeah, i totally went there.

    cuz i'm og forum that way.

    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  8. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

    oh yeah, i totally went there.
    stay out of my thread, it's nacho business
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

  9. #24
    Intelligence is more apparent in the questions one asks rather than the answers one gives. Refer to sig. In the world of engineering, we have a group we refer to as knowledgeable idiots.

  10. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Is that all you have? What's funny is you don't even realize that you are demonstrating my point for me.....

    I suppose we should blame the school system, that's why he can't read and comprehend
    1.facts get in the way of feeling good.

    2. it is humiliating for a white to bow down and scrape to a non white, and endure ritual humiliation and pain. even more so when they realize its for nothing. accepting truth would lead to mental breakdown.
    Last edited by bawang; 11-18-2013 at 06:57 PM.

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    classic anti-intellectualism
    lord forbid you read a book



    you threw a temper tantrum, presumably because you don't understand who in that list is a verifiable person, who is not....
    That wasn't anti-intellectualism - if anything, it was a fairly robust statement of the broad academic position on interpreting historical documents. I don't know where you got this from, but I assure you, academics don't just take ancient - or even modern - works as 'evidence' for what is written inside of them. That would be a logical fallacy, and a grave error.

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    That wasn't anti-intellectualism - if anything, it was a fairly robust statement of the broad academic position on interpreting historical documents. I don't know where you got this from, but I assure you, academics don't just take ancient - or even modern - works as 'evidence' for what is written inside of them. That would be a logical fallacy, and a grave error.

    A logical fallacy you say?

    Which logical fallacy is that. State it by name.

  13. #28
    保甲

    know what that is?

    if you don't, chances are you can't have an intelligent conversation on ancient China
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

    Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    379
    Quote Originally Posted by rett View Post
    A logical fallacy you say?

    Which logical fallacy is that. State it by name.
    Dear Rett,
    I'm afraid that I'm not sure of the formal name for the logical fallacy of arguing that just because something is published in a book that it is therefore necessarily true. I rather think my point safe, however.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •