Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 374

Thread: Training

  1. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dahlonega, GA USA
    Posts
    1,592
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Pretty sure you know who's up there, and the trolls here love to rag on him for a certain video, while ignoring the fact that they were taking turns showing their ideas, but whatever. I haven't trained with him or seen much from him, but he certainly knows the system. Worth a visit, for sure, to see things in person for yourself.
    To be honest I had not even thought of him, provided we are thinking of the same person.

    I do not have much reason to go back up that way to be honest.
    However, my old Pekiti teacher is 71 years old now and I am hoping to see him in the next year or so.
    Funny how time flies and we all age though some not so gracefully, myself particularly. LOL
    He is in White Plains so, if I make it up there, I will try to look K up.
    Peace,

    Dave

    http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

  2. #272
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Cool. .....

  3. #273
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    I'm pretty sure you guys are going to say I just don't understand what I'm looking at, but that sure looks like a Tan Da at the 30 second mark! Is that a Tan Da????


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwv0ZoJYLk

  4. #274
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm pretty sure you guys are going to say I just don't understand what I'm looking at, but that sure looks like a Tan Da at the 30 second mark! Is that a Tan Da????

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwv0ZoJYLk
    Solo training not what you think it is for.

  5. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I'm pretty sure you guys are going to say I just don't understand what I'm looking at, but that sure looks like a Tan Da at the 30 second mark! Is that a Tan Da????


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwv0ZoJYLk

    I dunno...but it could also be a 'clearing' hand...used in a sort of 'jut/jerk' motion for the incoming punch(?) We have something like it so that's my two pennies.

  6. #276
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    ᏌᏂᎭᎢ, ᏥᎾ
    Posts
    3,257
    Quote Originally Posted by wckf92 View Post
    I dunno...but it could also be a 'clearing' hand...used in a sort of 'jut/jerk' motion for the incoming punch(?) We have something like it so that's my two pennies.
    Many permutations of paak and jat actions clear and maintain an attack line, not for "blocking" punches, though.

  7. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Solo training not what you think it is for.
    Sure looks like a Tan Da! But since you've said you guys don't do Tan Da, or applications, I guess it can't be a Tan Da!

  8. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Only after you were caught.

    You were originally trying to pass yourself off as another unbiased person speaking out against my point of view, but really you're just the same old troll.

    Because we're discussing my views on VT.

    It would only make sense that you visit a school that shares my views.

    For reasons well-explained.

    It's not "specialized" and not an offshoot.

    We've had long discussions before where I argued against this exact point, and you know this.

    Not my fault that you refuse to examine the evidence.

    Then why come start trolling this thread?

    Because you don't have the balls to get off the internet and go test it yourself.
    Not trying to pass off anything.

    Your views on VT are your opinion, not shared by all in VT community.

    Again your opinion, It is clearly a specialization in my opinion. Disagree all you want.

    No evidence on your part presented to examine.

    I'm doing no more trolling than you or Guy.

  9. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Your last post before this trolling spree was at the end of 2015, so you were posting here very recently. Why lie about something so easy to check?
    Last post was two years ago, how is that recent? Unlike you I only have two accounts, one here and one on MT, no more. Feel free to believe otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    And why did you pretend not to be Nobody Important/Saul Goodman when you started commenting here? Is it because "dlcox" is Somebody Important?

    I figured a huge ego from your name on MT forum, but have to say I am surprised by the true extent of it
    I pretended nothing, you obviously knew Nobody Important and dlcox were the same person. All you had to do was ask, I didn't deny it.

    As for Saul Goodman, sorry buddy, that isn't me, but by all means continue on down that rabbit hole of conspiracy your promoting.


    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    If you tried WSL VT, then why is it you know absolutely nothing about it (or apparently any kind of wing chun)?

    You need to give more details of your alleged experience for this type of claim to be believable.
    Tried it, wasn't my cup of tea. I realize this puts you in a position of disbelief that someone actually tried it and felt is wasn't all that you and LFJ make it out to be, but that's just something yo're going to have to deal with.

    I have nothing bad to say about it, the people were nice and accommodating, it's theoretical make up just wasn't consistent with my beliefs and I seen no proof that it was technically superior to what I already have.

    Now you can go on and on about how it probably wasn't a branch vetted by you or LFJ, and I could care less. Bottom line is I tried it, gave it a fair chance and came to the conclusion that it wasn't for me. I am required to give you nothing and will not, you'll just have to deal with the fact it didn't make me convert.

    Please carry on now with the trolling and insult slinging because my ideology isn't in league with yours.

  10. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    What an odd thing to say. I don't see what LFJ's political beliefs have to do with his VT? Can you clarify?

    If it helps then rest assured that I have a firm belief in free markets and personal liberty. Hope this helps you not get so worked up in future.

    On the contrary, happy to claify to the nth degree. I think you need to calm down and take some deep breaths first though
    Liberalism is an ideology that extends beyond politics, though quite appropriate in this environment.

    Start clarifying then, because despite what you say, it hasn't been done.

  11. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Are you Somebody Very Important?
    To some people.

    Does that make you nervous?

    Do you need a safe-space?

  12. #282
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Rockville, MD
    Posts
    2,662
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    As for Saul Goodman, sorry buddy, that isn't me, but by all means continue on down that rabbit hole of conspiracy your promoting.

    .
    Yeah, he originally thought it was me! Just because he is one to create multiple fake identities and then lie about who he is he thinks everyone else does the same!

    And for the record....Dave never lied about who "nobody important" was on MT. I knew it was him all along.

  13. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    I have nothing bad to say about it, the people were nice and accommodating, it's theoretical make up just wasn't consistent with my beliefs and I seen no proof that it was technically superior to what I already have
    This only contains meaningless generalities. You would need to be specific for it to be believable. For example in what way was the theoretical makeup of WSL VT inconsistent with your beliefs, what did you see technically that failed to impress, and why, etc

  14. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    YAnd for the record....Dave never lied about who "nobody important" was on MT. I knew it was him all along.
    He pretended to be an outraged bystander who hadn't posted in years, moved to post by the terrible things being said on the forum. None of this was true.

  15. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    you obviously knew Nobody Important and dlcox were the same person. All you had to do was ask, I didn't deny it.

    As for Saul Goodman, sorry buddy, that isn't me
    The way I found out that NI and dlcox are the same person is the same way I found out that NI and SG are the same person. I didn't know of the NI and dlcox connection until you posted here, and you certainly didn't volunteer the information.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •