Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Kung Fu Frauds: It's really a thing.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,532
    Blog Entries
    6

    Kung Fu Frauds: It's really a thing.

    CELTIC KUNG FU (In a Dojo)

    I'm pretty sure the only thing tongs do nowadays is make sure Chinese restaurants don't pay out tips to their waiters. - Pazman[/B]

    https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...8a&oe=52848D36

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fremont, CA, U.S.A.
    Posts
    44,053

    that was feckin awesome, hskwarrior

    All it needs to be perfect is a bagpipe soundtrack and the dude in a kilt.

    You know it's authentic because he's wearing Feiyues.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    4,881
    This one from Vietnam goes on for a while. I saw similar 'qigong' demos in Taiwan back in the '80s/early '90s, and have also seen early-'90s footage of a Bosten-based 'Taiji' master demoing nearly identical stuff in NYC. Reportedly, this guy has become a laughingstock in Vietnam.

    Last edited by Jimbo; 08-05-2018 at 08:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,532
    Blog Entries
    6
    hahahaha.......................
    I'm pretty sure the only thing tongs do nowadays is make sure Chinese restaurants don't pay out tips to their waiters. - Pazman[/B]

    https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...8a&oe=52848D36

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    This one from Vietnam goes on for a while. I saw similar 'qigong' demos in Taiwan back in the '80s/early '90s, and have also seen early-'90s footage of a Bosten-based 'Taiji' master demoing nearly identical stuff in NYC. Reportedly, this guy has become a laughingstock in Vietnam.

    While I agree that what this guy is doing is complete and utter bullsh.it, I don't know about him being a laughing stock in Vietnam. In fact, as difficult as it is to believe, he has (or at least had) a good reputation in Vietnam from his success as a fighter in his younger years.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    4,881
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Tunks View Post
    While I agree that what this guy is doing is complete and utter bullsh.it, I don't know about him being a laughing stock in Vietnam. In fact, as difficult as it is to believe, he has (or at least had) a good reputation in Vietnam from his success as a fighter in his younger years.
    Well then, his fighting success must have been a long time ago. I heard he lost face when he did a disappearing act when some MAist from Canada went to Vietnam to challenge him for being a fraud. Regardless if he was a fighter decades ago or not, it isn't difficult to destroy one's own reputation. Even if he had a good reputation at one time, it's clear he had become a cult leader/fraud. If he was legit, that makes it even worse.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Well then, his fighting success must have been a long time ago. I heard he lost face when he did a disappearing act when some MAist from Canada went to Vietnam to challenge him for being a fraud. Regardless if he was a fighter decades ago or not, it isn't difficult to destroy one's own reputation. Even if he had a good reputation at one time, it's clear he had become a cult leader/fraud. If he was legit, that makes it even worse.
    He's a cult leader for sure. Unfortunately being a cult leader, a fraud and running away are usually not enough to destroy one's reputation in the kung fu world. In fact being a cult leader generally enhances it...

    PS. if you're talking about the French Canadian Wing Chun guy that thinks he's a hero for manhandling tiny opponents in Vietnam, dude is almost as big of a clown in my opinion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    4,881
    True. The case of a bully targeting a charlatan. Going after what he perceived to be an easy target.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,532
    Blog Entries
    6

    Anthony Blake is another fraud

    This fraud anthony blake likes to cut and paste pieces of forms together and desires to call himself a "form creator" or FOUNDER. he's a laughing weak a$$ wannabe CLF somebody.

    look at his garbage

    I'm pretty sure the only thing tongs do nowadays is make sure Chinese restaurants don't pay out tips to their waiters. - Pazman[/B]

    https://scontent-b-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/...8a&oe=52848D36

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    out there fer sure
    Posts
    422
    I won't name any actual NAMES..cough..but what is the consensus on a "sifu" who has had students for 25 years and this student is STILL not a sifu?!?

    This instructor even claims to have had a student going back to 1981 who (allegedly) is STILL studying and is *also* not yet a sifu.

    Let's say for the sake of illustration that these are dedicated and hardworking students. This instructor teaches only one style of kung fu. Not many arts(at least chinese arts that is)

    He claimed on his FB page (before it was taken down) that "----- -------- is like family to us"(the one whose studied non stop since 1981). Gee..COUGH..I wonder why? Hmmmmm.

    It couldn't ..COUGH..have anything to do with the non stop steady income supply..now could it?

    This pollen season (wink) makes it hard not to cough!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •