Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Does anyone know quebec city?

  1. #1

    Does anyone know quebec city?

    I live in Louisiana and have been a student of Seven Star Praying Mantis for years at American Kung Fu Academy in Alexandria. In a couple of days my wife and I are going to Quebec City in Canada. I wonder if anyone can recommend a Kung Fu school there for me to visit. I see a few on line but I thought there might be a Québécois who knows first hand. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    There's quite a few schools there.
    I guess just pick one to visit.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  3. #3

    Does anyone know Quebec City ?

    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There's quite a few schools there.
    I guess just pick one to visit.
    Thank you David. Or is it Jow Gow David? I'll do that. 👍
    Last edited by Michael Anthony; 12-03-2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: To keep title consistent

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony View Post
    Thank you David. Or is it Jow Gow David? I'll do that. 👍
    First of all, what is Jow Gow?
    I hope it's not some kind of anglicized Chinese insult!

    Having said that, you'll probably get a kick out of Quebec city.
    It's over 400 years old and is the oldest continually operating city in North america.
    They've got old castle walls and stuff like that everywhere.
    Very european feel to that place.

    Anyway enjoy.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  5. #5

    Bon jour, David.

    Been here a few days now and loving it! Haven't been to a Kung fu school yet but it is magical, tho cold. By the way, "Jow Gow" is a title we use at our kwoon (Kung fu school) for someone who has earned their black sash. Saturday we did go to the Centre Videotron to see a cirque du Soleil. Talk about athletes! Wow.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    1,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Anthony View Post
    I live in Louisiana and have been a student of Seven Star Praying Mantis for years at American Kung Fu Academy in Alexandria. In a couple of days my wife and I are going to Quebec City in Canada. I wonder if anyone can recommend a Kung Fu school there for me to visit. I see a few on line but I thought there might be a Québécois who knows first hand. Thanks.
    There are several schools there (I spent some time up there.) Many of the schools are just plain made up styles. My friends Stéphane Lévesque and Michel Li run kung fu Quebec https://kungfuquebec.com where they teach Johnny Lee’s Lost track (Mizong Law Horn) some Wudang (contemporary) and Tai Chi. Good school, good people. It’s in the pyramid across from the University . tel418)20476-3364
    Hope this helps.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi


    "Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi


    Never miss a good chance to shut up

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Nice one!
    I forgot we couldn't "like" posts here. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •