Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The May the Fourth LED Saber Championship

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I keep thinking that if someone was imaginative enough to sort this idea, they could find a gap in contemporary lightsaber fencing to exploit. However, I haven't thought about it hard enough to figure it out.
    There is a lightsaber form that is part of canon - see Jedi-Academies.
    You inspired me to waste $16.43 on one just to find out, and to start with it was DOA so I had to crack it open and replace the switch which should explain all the scotchtape holding it together. The other 3 switches below, that popped of it, were non-functional ones, which was probably a metaphorical sign of non-functionality right there!

Without even trying to do any forms with it yet, the first gap I would imagine it that it is too bloody thick to get a proper sword grip on, so just whack it out of your opponent's hand in the direction their fingers are pointing. IDK if this one is up to spec or even a knock-off, but if it was packed solid with any sort of energy source, it would be a bit on the heavy side. Perhaps I will do an experiment and fill it with lead.

That lightsaber form you mentioned was okay with the one hand behind his back, that is, until he turned his back around for all the back-stabbers. Lucky for him she wasn't one of them, haha
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Our latest ezine feature

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart