Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Logo Lam Sai Wing?

Logo Lam Sai Wing?

I wondered what the logo of Lam Sai Wing Schools looked like?

It's the stylized diamond containing the chinese ideograms for tiger and crane.

Check out this site ,or this site, or many other web sites that contain the logo. I am not certain it is 'lam sai wings' but it is used by many of those who claim lineage through to him.

cheers
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 07-19-2003 at 06:52 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

kung lek, sorry wrong answer.

lam sai wing patch was round. this was proof also in group pics who was lam sai wing students and who was lum jo students.

as far as what the in the circle. i want to see who else knows this.

many profess to know or were students of lam sai wing. i'll let them answer.

Once R.

You are right, it is not Lam Sai Wing's logo, but it is used by those schools that claim lineage to lam sai wing. That is to say the diamond logo.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Grandmaster Lam Saiwing's logo was round with Chinese characters "Lam gwun" (Lam's gungfu school) i it.

his nephew's logo - Grandmaster Lam Jou's logo - is "fu hok jeung", ie. "tiger crane olive" - diamond shape with tiger and crane stylized characters

That is correct, PM

The Round Patch "Lam Gwoon" were Lam Sai Wing students only, all Diamond Patch from Lam Jo's teaching.

Lee Yat Ming is Lam Jo student.

Swedish Hung Gar Association lineage unknown.

Is there a picture anywhere?

Is there a picture anywhere?

check out this picture - the students are wearing the uniform with the logo of Lam Sawing's school. also, on the picture form gung ji fuk fu kyun (photo edition) Grandmaster Lam Saiwing wears the uniform of his school with the round logo. couple of pics are at here (end of second row and third row)

This correct . Who is wear Lam Jo diamond, Lam Jo the student. who is wear Lam Sai Wing circle, Lam Sai wing the student. Siu Ying have diamond, and Chiu Kao also here. Who student such shirt wearing?
    So much enjoy this, the history.

Thank you very much all.

The Lam Sai Wing logo looks a little bit like the Wong Fei Hung logo.

Be critical......PLEASE

To SiJiHao:

It is evident that within the Lam Sai Wing organisation everyone was wearing the circle logo, and within the Lam Yo organisation the diamond logo. There is enough proof of that.

But what does it mean and what does it proof when people are wearing the diamond logo of Lum Yo?

a. They are his students.
    and/or
    b. They belong to his organisation, that he took over from grandmaster Lam Sai Wing.

Peace
    Last edited by GrMs; 08-18-2003 at 04:09 AM.
    GM

Jan Seung,

Can you give me an example of the Wong Fei Hung logo? Is it still in use by students and grandstudents of Grandmaster Mok Gwei Lan in Hong Kong?
    South Paw

Lam Jo student wearing Diamond patch only. He already 33 years old Lam Sai Wing passing away. already Lam Jo organization then Lam Sai Wing retiring 1928. Those students of Lam Jo, Chan Hon Chung, Chiu Kao and Wife, Wong Lee, etc. all wearing Lam Jo the Diamond, practice Lam Jo the Gung Fu, Lam Jo the student. Who knows the Gung Fu on the first hand can explain difference clearly.
    Chiu Kau not follow Lam Sai Wing direct is join to late. before follow the who? Wong Sai wing the who?

Do the math

To SiJiHao,

O.k. That's your vision. You are saying if they wear his logo they are his students.

Concerning Chiu Kau I have read some other articles that I have found on www.hungkuenmuseum.info. They oppose the theory of Chiu Kau being a direct student of Lam Jo. But you can read this yourself.

A short outline:
    At first Chiu Kau followed Hung Gar master Wong Sai Wing, a student of Wong Fei Hung, that lived in Malaysia. He started there in 1909, 1 year before Lam Jo was born.
    After 13 years of following this Sifu he went to Hong Kong (in 1922).
    What I don't understand is this: He heard from the famous Lam Sai Wing and wanted to follow him. So that's what he did. Following Lam Sai Wing until he was asked to start his own kwoon in 1931, 2 years before Lam Jo took over the organisation of his uncle Lam Sai Wing.
    Later Chiu Kau and his wife also belonged to Lam Jo's organisation. A matter of loyalty. Besides grandmaster Lam Sai Wing was the informal head of this Hung Gar family till his dead in 1943.

Peace and brotherhood.
    GM