Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shaolin Grandmasters Text

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    according to the order of shaolin, no books have been published in english by the order ever - until this book came out... of course, this does not mean that individuals of the order have not published books in english(without stating they are shaolin of course)
    What "order of Shaolin"? There is no such thing that came to US, especially "first to NYC" as they claim in that book.

That's what I mean, if you believe that baloney stuff in that book, then you believe Star Wars fantasy stuff is real, it's total nerd level dungeons and dragons silliness.

I am starting to think that you are kinda nuts now, sorry.
    My Martial Arts articles archive:

http://www.bgtent.com/naturalcma/index.htm

Shaolin Qigong / Neigong Healing & Self Defense Programs and Seminars:

http://www.jindaolife.com
    http://www.bgtent.com/CMAQigongSchool/index.html

Qigong Program: http://www.bgtent.com/CMAQigongSchool/QigongProgram.htm
    Chinese Martial Art Program: http://www.bgtent.com/CMAQigongSchoo...ArtProgram.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    What "order of Shaolin"? There is no such thing that came to US, especially "first to NYC" as they claim in that book.
    there is no such thing as you seem to think... it's not like they wore a sign and told everyone they were shaolin... some of the first priorities of the order is to blend in and disappear. LOL... you think they all have shaved heads and wear saffron robes?? i believe the order was effectively out of china by 1928, while all new incarnations likewise are born here in north america.
    That's what I mean, if you believe that baloney stuff in that book, then you believe Star Wars fantasy stuff is real, it's total nerd level dungeons and dragons silliness.
    it was also silly to say the earth was round - under pain of death... we are not alone in the universe, the solar system, or even right here on the planet. think of earth as a grand petri dish... abit out of control now though.
    I am starting to think that you are kinda nuts now, sorry.
    as if you could possibly put a damper on my day... LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Songshan View Post
    Well I always thought fighting is last resort for many martial styles.
    i was impying relative focus of studies...
    Really Uki, you say the same things over and over along with all the other people who slam modern shaolin. Go to Shaolin and see if there is any fighting and let us know.
    ummmm... usually if people say the same things over and over it would imply that they are not fickle in their mental clarity.

Are we still commenting on this?

I hate to burst anyones bubble, but this publication is 100% fraudulent and is designed to spread a meme that is also false.

The people who wrote this book did so in order to support lies that were previously told and to keep money coming into a certain american organization that is known to teach dubious versions of interpreted chinese martial arts.

But, if you choose to believe it, why not? Go ahead, lots of people put lots of time and energy into their belief of fairy tales, so why not this one too?

I could think of worse ways to waste your time and effort.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    OMG...
    I am happy that someone did comment on this thread recently, since I recently signed up to get email notifications of new posts, etc.

I have this book - bought it about a year ago, and actually had bought Shahar's book at the same time.

I read Shahar's book first and really loved that...And then began to read the "Grandmaster's Text" next...and that became the FIRST book that I could not finish - it literally angered me... I have tried picking it up from time to time - but blah...

Anyway, curious what others thought, when I got wind of this thread, I just spent the last few hours reading from beginning til here. And I gotta say that I noticed something funny. As soon as Gene came out and mentioned his review and the JAMA review..the original poster - JAG - disappeared....

Anyway - it's definitely scammy material to me.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

I bought this book just to see how bad it was,
    I was NOT disappointed !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Ok, I don't want to, but perhaps someone else could post about why the term "grandmaster" is so much horse hockey when it comes to Chinese martial arts.

Uki, I don't want to be mean, but I think that school gave you the book because they got it for free like ten tigers got his door stop free.

those people took advantage of you. You should take your patio back.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    those people took advantage of you. You should take your patio back.
    ah, but that is the grandest lesson of all!!! nice observation dragon. anyone notice the numbers in the price of a free book??

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    It became the FIRST book that I could not finish - it literally angered me... I have tried picking it up from time to time - but blah...
    LOL... i feel like i just read a verse from the tao te ching.

i was impying relative focus of studies...

ummmm... usually if people say the same things over and over it would imply that they are not fickle in their mental clarity.
    This kind of reminds me of the proverbial "if everyone is jumping off the bridge...so will you". Just because people say things over and over doesn't mean that's the way it is. Find out for yourself. By all means, if you think there is no focus on fighting with modern shaolin as I said take a trip there and see. Heck everyone is you tubing and blogging their daily adventures...why not you?

2+2=4

keep repeating that until it isn't true anymore.

see if that works?

People aren't repeating a mantra, they're indicating a couple of things:

a) the book is an obvious fraud to anyone with even an intermediate grasp of what's what when it comes to Shaolin.

b) It was easier to spread these kinds of lies before the internet.

c) the publishers are clinging to their shell game for money.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

c) the publishers are clinging to their shell game for money.
    yet it seems most of the books are being given away for free, regardless of the price on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Songshan View Post
    Just because people say things over and over doesn't mean that's the way it is.
    exactly!
    By all means, if you think there is no focus on fighting with modern shaolin as I said take a trip there and see.
    ummmmm.... whoa.

it is clear that you lack any kind of decent grammatical comprehension skills.

yet it seems most of the books are being given away for free, regardless of the price on them.
    exactly!
    Well, so far there are a couple of indications that a few have been given away. And to targeted recipients, IE: school owners who could possibly be a launch pad for selling more. This is a marketing tactic and I doubt that "most" of the books are being given away at all.

Loss leaders are quite common in marketing books or magazines or publications in general.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well, so far there are a couple of indications that a few have been given away. And to targeted recipients, IE: school owners who could possibly be a launch pad for selling more. This is a marketing tactic and I doubt that "most" of the books are being given away at all.

Loss leaders are quite common in marketing books or magazines or publications in general.
    funny that i see nothing attempted to be sold with this book at all except for the obvious cost of time/energy, production, and distribution... no tours for sale, i don't recall any donations being asked for, but what i did notice is that in the beginning of the book it clearly states that many people would be offended from the contents of this book and information provided... now THAT is something noteworthy.

funny that i see nothing attempted to be sold with this book at all except for the obvious cost of time/energy, production, and distribution... no tours for sale, i don't recall any donations being asked for, but what i did notice is that in the beginning of the book it clearly states that many people would be offended from the contents of this book and information provided... now THAT is something noteworthy.
    Not really. It's a preconstructed defense mechanism as has been stated.

for instance, if I know i'm lying and then i state up front that "some of you may think I'm lying, but..." then i will gain teh attention of those people who are naive enough to let me go with that disclaimer alone.

I hope you didn't put too much time into reading this thing, it is really easily deconstructed.
    the dates are erronious, the information is erroneous and quite a lot of it is outright fabricated and can be readily shown to be so as has been done already just in this thread. (It's worthy of note that some of the people that have trashed this things have some of the best depth of knowledge regarding the information in question as well.)

there is some peppering of truth that are known accounts accessible from many sources.

the book relies on the prejudice idea that the cultural revolution wiped the minds of some 700 million chinese people.

well, it didn't. It also didn't wipe out all the libraries or kungfu knowledge and so on.

anyway, bottom line is that the stinker of a story that these capitalist hippies are peddling may have sold well back in the late 70's but falls flat in the face of truth and connectivity.

If they can convince some people that the book is valid, they will retain their reputation with all the people who study with their organizing body (which is the organization behind the book and is also held in question on many levels in regards to truth and authenticity)

I suspect you invested a lot of time into this book and found it to be a boon of information?

Hey, I've gone through a line of study only to find out it was crap in the end. I was very disappointed, but, I moved on and made the corrections where they were needed and continue to examine and re-examine everything around it to this day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

this book is almost up there with the falun gong in p!ssing people off.

this book is almost up there with the falun gong in p!ssing people off.
    well, fraud tends to get people p1ssed off. I don't see anything strange about people being offended by lies.

with this book they claim they are something they so obviously are not!

with falun gong, it's worse! they claim they are non-political when in fact they are nothing BUT political and spend more time attacking Chinese government than they spend actually playing their qigongs, which I would add are borrowed from other disciplines.

If one takes even a short period of time to cross reference and investigate either of these groups, one will rather rapidly find them each sorely lacking and absolutely fallacious.

Don't even get me started on Li Hongzhi! lol Now there's a piece of work!
    Kung Fu is good for you.