Quote Originally Posted by qiew View Post
There is no reason why one shouldn't start 5 animals at younger student.

5 animals qigong has many variations but mainly focus on breathing and generating qi.

Your sifu may be reluctant to teach you as it is Chinese tradition to believe in teaching qi to loyal students only after years of following the sifu.

Also your sifu is probably more specialize at Bak Mei and TCC which are his rice bowl.

BTW TCC is closely related to qi initiating movement. I believe BM is the same.

Mixing too many styles would not make a person an expert.

TCC is a life time learning perfecting day by day.
Yeah he's been teaching BM for over 40 years and play Hsing Yi and Pa Kau as well as Tai Chi...I think BM and TCC are the main curriculum for the first five years because of the shaolin stances...doing yang tai chi slow horse and bow wide stances balances BM's short and fast frame. BM doesn't do a lot of standing around in the beginning I think that's why he reserves it for more Senior students. BM is hard enough work TCC helps to calm you so you don't overtrain too much. He won't even show us his Hsing yi lol it just seemed interesting that he reserved that specialized training for older students who don't do martial arts only Chi Gong and for his best most fastest students.