Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pouring TEA for sifu?

I'm not aware of too many things I know what I know if you know what I mean..

Gene, - dirty smelly deadhead freak and we love him for that.

ROFL @ fighting over tea pot. I've got to tell a story.

There was a large celebration one evening as my sifu's oldest student was made a sifu himself. The school sihings (myself inc.) were sitting around a large table awaiting dinner. As soon as the waitress put the pot on the table there were 4 hands on the very hot pot each refusing to let go. It was like a scene from the cartoons featuring the polite chipmunks. "Oh no sir, I insist, no no after you.. Allow me please" as we each tried to muscle the pot to our hand. After about a minute of rising voices and gleaming eyes, Sifu finally Ordered us to let go and he would pour the tea. My burnt hand was secetly very happy..

Finally a truly kungfu conversation.

Originally posted by Sui
    "All is suffering is just common sence."oh really who ever you are?what about the few who deny the fact that they suffer eg majority of christians?do they still suffer?if so to whom????

\
    Agian.. 1more time

im talking about common sence and you have to bring up those christians!!!

unless your just trolling gene il break it down agian, No matter how happy you are someone isnt you better try to help him because he might sneak up and make you less happy!.

take away the historys of bhuddism and look at the soldierly knowledge of dealing with those in this lifecycle.
    in reality when i look at the history of bhuddism and all it talks about i see lessons in mathematical social studies...thier is alot of great Outlook within its scriptures wheras if you havent been in the dirt and rose above the mountains you may be a tightass snob or in need of getting out of the dirt...i see bhuddism from a real yin/yang perspective!.

ie

MAY I ENTER INTO THE EONS TO COME,
    AND MAY I DO IT IN BUT ONE INSTANT.
    I WILL ENTER INTO ALL TIMES EONS
    WHOSE MEASURE IS THE SPACE OF A INSTANT

IN THE SPACE OF A SINGLE INSTANT, MAY I SEE
    THE BLISS LORDS OF THE THREE TIMES, THOSE LION-HUMANS;
    MAY I ALWAYS ENGAGE IN THEIR
    SPHERE OF ACTIVITY
    THROUGH THE POWER OF THE ILLUSORY LIBERATIONS.

ALL THE PLANETARY ARRAYS OF THE THREE TIMES
    SHALL BECOME MANIFEST ON A SINGLE ATOM.
    IN THAT WAY IN ALL DIRECTIONS WITHOUT EXCEPTION
    I SHALL ENTER INTO THE ARRAYS OF THE VICTORS

taken from shantidevas bodhisattva vow

now break that up into rap-science

the first paragraph a nerd would question ' well how can you go into all times eons in a instant= because **** my word spreads long like rza said about wutang song spreads long like christmas carol!!!...Or -IN THE SPACE OF A SINGLE INSTANT, MAY I SEE
    THE BLISS LORDS OF THE THREE TIMES, THOSE LION-HUMANS;

agian the annoying ***** would sneer what is a lion-human..i would say you child are a hyena in the sea of life..those who move out of righteousness are akin to a lion in our circle of life!.
    thiers so much to it, and you have to understand some schools may not know thier full history so thier meditations are like prayers oppossed to affirmations wich are threaded for the practitioner to release insights etc etc

Gene, i havent read much on Shi Yan Ming lately and Shi GouLin whats thier current situation?, are you still in contact with yanming if so find out if the rza still trains with him...just curious because i know wu is going through change and inner-turmoil within thier camp/ they havent been on the kungfu vibe fully in awhile, do you have any news?

ST & DG

ST: Hey I'll either knock your down with my Shaolin fist or keel you over laughing with my deadly forum-song-quote-technique. I prefer the latter, I woun't break a nail.
    That's a classic KF tea story. Good thing your Sifu took control or mayhem might have broke loose.

DG: Me? Trolling? Nah, I do that on other people's forums. I must say I resent the notion that I'm not trying to help, especially since I keep this forum running (yesterday's crash excepted.) Just think, without this forum, all our members and lurkers would be on the streets and that would be bad. It's my contribution to society.

As for Shi Yanming, I haven't talked to him since my last trip to NY. I hope to see in him in November in CT. I don't know what's up with the RZA now, but I'll let you know if I hear anything. I've been a little out of the Wu loop - what's the troubel?

As for Shi Guolin, I saw him at our 10 Year Anniversary Gala Benefit. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to talk with him at any length because I was so busy, but I did have a long late night chat with his disciple after it was over.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

well where to start...you heard about odbs trials and tribue's on cnn right, i guess thier main trouble was growing up in the hood then hitting oil so like most rockstars = Drugs

basically the rap game changed and went pop and they burnt out so they are not getting much respects in the rap world like they did...and ohboy did they= how many rappers are ft in kf mags?

also it is true if wu didnt come out in 93 jackie chan may have not blown up like he did in the us with rumble in the bronx etc...rza brought kf to the mtv world wheras kf has always been a staple in HIPHOP with the original breakdancers copying bruce lee and just the whole cheesy kf flick era of the 70s wich led to acts like bruce leroy vs shonuff " you remember that the black bruce lee with a afro fighting the warlord of brooklyn, lol...What was that movie called? it came out in the 80s!.

yah so rza just built on what bruce lee popularized and just put a 90s edge on it but that bruce lee vibe has always been in HIPHOP like his nunchuk pose is the classic bboy grab your nutts and spit rhymes stance...etc

i think wu will come back on top its just the problem was the other members are not genius like rza is, he is the only HIPHOPPER to be as good a rapper as he is a producer wheras most of wu can only rap,...so rza hit burn out and they legacy started to falter!.

they better come back thats like finding out bruce lee died if i was alive back then

Also, i thought you might have misread that i meant if he isnt trolling you,...i just stumbled on this post and what sui wrote made me think troll so i posted!
    If you remember to ask about rzas training please do, also i think only he and the wu rapper Ghostface Killah were the only ones to train fullon with Yanming!?.
    peace

also the grammer is shorthand type= SO DEAL WIDDIT

POURING TEA

What about pouring CONGNAC for your sifu is that like a tea ceramony but with a alcohol problem?

you can use alcphol but then do you really want to learn applications from him after ?.

7. Buddhism and Lion's

Diego,

If you mention the Lion in any form literal or theriomorphic in connection with Buddhism, then, you are getting close to the heart of what Buddhism is,

Check out the 'Discourses of the Buddha on the Lion's Roar':

http://www.tibetankungfu.com/new_page_7.htm

and

http://www.tibetankungfu.com/the_lion_symbol.htm

As a 'Hop-Gar' man, you should really know about this, you probably do...

Tao

to know or simply not?my god?

gene,true though your statements are,to know etc.but you still haven't answerd "the" question who's idea was it to bai lay si-fu?

as it will never be apart of me "to surrender"as my culture see no bearing,for there is always "tomorrow"[another time gene] and wars arn't won on the battlefield nor are they lost in many other perspectives?so i will leave you to wallow in your own ignorance.compassion will find you not the other way round,and when she hits you,you will fall to your knees.

be well gene

sui

diego
    with all you have written,still you fail to show "all suffers".you can quote and quote till your nose bleeds the only one that suffers is you.you are not god and niether buddha to know.like i said if in denial to suffer eg christians you keep banging your head on a stone wall.

Steve, thanks for the links!.

sui have you read bhuddism were you thier when bhudda gave his discourses!...like i said take out the history and understand the positive reality bhuddhists seek and the statement is not that confusing. why does siddarthas statement that all is suffering have to be looked at as a universal law inwich moses left out when he was blazing ganja atop a cliff writing graffitti.

its a principle to understand not something that needs to be placed in a petrie dish and looked at through a microscope

are you dense, you may feel good right now but a bum may kill you for your wallet to buy drugs tommorrow,...Wheras you could have given him some extra cash when you passed him as usual on your daily route

now what bhudda is saying in 500bc if everyone gave bums extra cash eventually noone would be hungry hence no more suffering wheras agian you may feel good but in reality all is suffering

Tommorrow you may be in pain, its all relativity...and if you want to be a goof how you know in guatamas time not everyone even the richest man didnt suffer from a canker...so you should reflect not just analyze and chatter!

you tend to play yourself@!

come on diego,don't be like that?just because you can't prove it,theres no need to suffer?all i'm saying is we as in i only can see suffering on how we experience it and not by reading some-one elses translations.eg to whom we suffer to whom they suffer.you are not to know,and why put anything to one side?to make you understand it better???don't be a sheep,and tend your flocks,the weather-man is often wrong.

sui

that would be great if we were talking about somebody besides bhuddist theory...your all over the place and all i can assume is since your limited thunking..can not ingest the basic principle of bhuddism then your prolly having trouble understanding what im saying!; when they let you out that place your in maybe once you have readjusted to society you will understand common sence and not what ever pretty pictures you like to paint reality with!.
    chow

and you are a idiot so on this im done!.

for a second i will lie to myself and dignify your post

bhudda is talking about worldpeace maybe you like having bums take your wallett because maybe you were a thief and in some twisted way you get off bieng hit with karma

i only can see suffering on how we experience it and not by reading some

Ever heard of free will and keep to your self!...how does you bieng impervious to your kid bieng robbed relate to the reality he shouldnt be robbed, and bhudda tells us if you gave the bum a twenty the day before he wouldnt be jonesing for heroin and you and your friend would have had a good conversation passing through that block!.

stop reading your little magik books duke!.

Talking

Sui i read one of your posts...Why did i think you were a troll

sorry about that, tho i still think your goofy and my points still stand and in this convo your onsome alester crowly slash daoist bull**** relating to your questioning on bhud's first point about waking up through compassion!.

Now im done

just one question that all you've wrote leads to:

is BUDDHA;GOD or equal to that fact?????

sui

RZA and Buddha

Diego - Sorry to hear the about Wu. They had a hard time sustaining a tour - too big of an entourage. I spent some time backstage with RZA and Wu about a year ago, and the drug scene was pretty tame, especially in comparison to some of the other bands I've seen.
    And I did misinterpret your troll post. Sorry. Musta been the shorthand. Next time I'll read you with a phat beat blarin' - maybe it'll make more sense

FT - I'm not into cognac, but it's only an alcohol problem if you miss the cup.

Sui - I htought I did answer you - I asked to be my master's disciple, he did not ask me. That's usually the way it happens, but not always. I did ask through a traditional intermediary if that makes any difference.

If your looking for proof of faith, perhaps you better examine your faith in proof. Proof is not always the answer. Just look at the Simpson case or the last presidential election.

You say it is not your way to surrender, but then bid farewell with some trite parting shot and well wishes. Surrender to the fact that you have to come back with another shot since your point is left unmade, unresolved. That is your burden. Fail to do so and you fall into my trap. Maybe wars aren't won on battlefields. Maybe you should expand your defination of battlefields to encompass motivations beyond you own.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart