Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: X-men

X-men

Anyone see X Men 2 yet, I'm wondering if its worth paying to watch or not?

Only thing going for that movie I think is Nightcrawler, he looks dope with the smoke after every teleport!

Seen it yesterday. I like it a lot, even more than part one (X1, I think? ). But then again,

1) I'm a big comics fan (not just X-Men),
    2) I'm a geek .

Having said that, if you're into that sort of thing, X2 is great fun. Nice effects, nice fights (except that the big clash between Wolverine and Deathstrike is too short)... very nice. And lots of lovely ladies in leather (now that's alliteration for you) . Nightcrawler is very cool (Alan Cumming, great choice), Hugh Jackman kicks a$$ once again, Kelly Hu (i.e. Deathstrike) is beautiful as ever... like I said, see it if you like comics and/or if you liked X-men 1.
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

I just got back from it and thought it was amazing... much better than 1.

It's far superior to the first one, imo. I think it manages to attract the new fans and old(Deathstrike or whatever was after my time, but the Jean Grey story they kept alluding to was, imo, the best of my era's X-Men(not talking the subplot with wolverine and Cyclops)).

I found it weird that they made iceman a rookie under cyclops and wolverine and such, but it didn't really take anything away.

I liked the story, the villain, magneto, wolverine(much better job than in the first movie), Jean Grey, etc.

It's a great comic book movie. There are so few characters in it that weren't regulars to the comic. And, of course, Nightcrawler rocks.

Somewhat off topic, but when I read it, the death of Phoenix was sort of the height of those comics, those and the sentinel issues. They swore for years that they would not ruin it by bringing Phoenix back, and every time they DID bring her back in the ensuing years, it was nowhere near as good a story. I hope they do a movie of that one. It was one of my two favorite comic sagas of the time. The other one was just mutilated in the Daredevil movie, but hopefully they can do better with this already good franchise.(Nothing against DD as a movie, they just took a fantastic plot and made a mediocre movie of it, it's not like there weren't mediocre DD plots to use, but I'm not bitter. *******s.).

SPOILER Below....

. . .be warned...

Better than the Wrath of Khan & Empire strikes back as sequels go...

I so dug how the charactor Stryker was used to tie in the mystery of wolverine's past with out just spilling the whole thing. He was Sooooo twisted.

DEATHSTRIKE...an actual Wolverine foe & was used wonderfully. In the comic her father was one of the inventors of the adimantium process & she volenteers to undergo that same process 'cause she feels that wolvie has dishonored her family's heritage by being such a savage running around with those claws. This back story was notstated but wasn't needed either. Still, knowing it made that battle more of a grudge match. Brutal it was and much to short & fast...

MAGNETO!!!!
    Such a perfect villian, evil with out being rude, except to wolverine who he kept verbally cutting down & that business with the chains on stryker. Did you ealise how much of a genious he was? When stryker used that mind-control serium on magneto to get the info about Xavier's school, Magneto was still 2 steps ahead. Not only does he give stryker the plans to create a modified Cerebro that could kill all mutants but with-in those plans is the means to reconfigure the cerebro so that it could kill all humans. So, even though he was sacraficing the X-men he was also expecting to some how escape to be able to do the reconfiguring... AND boy what an escape it was... the iron in the blood was a classic magneto stunt, though it was never portrayed so bloody.

Another classic X-man theme is the whole good guys teaming up with bad guys... just like how magneto saves them "when will these people learn how to fly?!?" Also the cruelty of Magneto & Mystique making fun of rogue "we love what you've done with your hair"

PYRO a classic X-men villian as well, he was a member of the "brotherhood of evil mutants" lead by Mystique in Magneto's absence. Great charactor to bring to the movie as his powers translate so well.

Iceman was always the little kid of the original X-men. Glad to see Iceman shine, and actually create that icewall.

In the comic he was in the same initial class as Jean, Cyclops, Angel (no movie appearance as of yet) & Beast who was on one a T.V. talk shows for like 3 seconds in the background of a scene. His name was "Dr. Henry McCoy" and he was debating that "...if the government starts mutant registration they might as well start loading them into the back of a van & bring them to concentration camps...". That was his one line in the movie. A treat for geeks.

Now how about that invasion!!! Wolverine goes BERZERK...amazingly little actual blood, that would've made the flick rated R for sure.
    The escape into the tunnel was also classic. In the comic those tunnels would actually lead all the way to the subways of manhattan where a tribe of mutants called the morlocks dwell beneith the city in darkness & squalor... but that's another story.

We got to see COLLOSSUS kick some but!!! NICE, just that one scene alone when he transforms to organic steel and those tranquelizer darts just bounce off of him!!!
    Then he smaks those soldiers through the wall!!!
    "I can help you!" he says to Wolverine, "Help them!!!" Such a short appearance yet SO effective, how he was written in & out of the plot.
    Of course we got to see Kitty Pryde aka Sprite/Areal/ShadowCat in action as well... Too short but perfectly effective. Phasing through her bed & the floor & then through a wall and out into the woods...
    And honorable metion to Siryn whose sonic scream alerted the whole school to trouble and slowed the soldiers down just enough!!!

Favorate line in the movie:
    "En Zee Munich Zircus I vas Kown aS Zee aMazingk Night-Craowler!!!"

HOW BAD@SS WAS that blue skined mutant!?!?!?
    Acted SO well... a perfect blend of comedy-tragady-soul.
    STORM falling for him towards the end...talk about Black & Blue!!!
    The chat on anger vs. faith in terms of helping you survive.

Teleportation was actualized SOOOO well. I was worried about how they would portray it (assuming they kept it) and they did it SO well!!! His saving Rogue from falling out of the airplane got the crowd cheering!!!
    His prayers added such a dramatic impact as well... perfect portrayal of the charactor who will eventually join the priesthood.
    Of course that oppening scene with him in the white house was ROCKING!!! Sort of felt sorry for those secret servicemen who had no idea what they where up against. They didn't have a chance!!! & later when they all return to the white house & he's all waving to the president!!! again F U N N Y...
    Also his tail wagging after his chat with Mystique...
    The bit where magneto knows he's snooping in on them while camping...

Did I mention STORM!?!?! A MUCH better portrayal this time around. They got rid of that psudeo-accent and made her much stronger. That whole jet flying scene!!! ****!!! and the showdown against Mastermind... Who's Mastermind? the other dude in the wheelchair that was manipulating Professor X. Another oldschool charactor who was also a member of the original "brotherhood of evil mutant" along with toad. He's a mutant that can creat illusions SO convincing that few can recognise the difference... Wolverine's super sences wouldn't be fooled. So that whole bit about lowering the temperature was a classic Storm vs. Mastermind showdown... from issue 175 of Uncanny X-man to be exact.

Other great tidbits....
    Cyclops vs. Jean... rare are the times when jean can hold back Cyclop's eyebeams it shows the level of power she was rising to... The whole Dam shakes under the pressure.

Wolverine is so mean to Nightcrawler... "save it"

Profesor Logan teacher of ARRRRRRRRRHHT!!!

Rogue wanted to dress in leather... but must be satisfied with her Jr. X-men uniform. Rogue of the movies is a much more sympathetic charactor. Her minor victories had big impacts; using her mutant powers to stop Pyro's temper tantrum, flying the X-plane/"blackbird" (as it's called in the comic) for the first time. Well done.

Poor Cyclops gets brainwashed...

Poor Professor is always getting jacked...

And that opening title sequence that Shows professor X in his Astral form...out of body, floating around in the cosmos observing the earth...

Phoenix in Part 3????

worst special effect:
    Wolverine's hair!!! I know he's Canadian but really, that's a whole lot of Mooose going on there!!! Mutant hair or what?

DS,
    There can be little doubt that she would be central to the third one. They've set it up so much with this one, they'd lose the die hard audience if they didn't use it. I mean, how many times did they hint at it?

Here, let's guess

[SPOILER ALERT]

1) Her dreams
    2) Her eyes glowed with fire
    3) Her blocking cyclopses beams(you are correct, when she was just jean, she never had that power)
    4) Saving them all against the water.
    5) Her being on fire while saving them.
    6) The shape in the water at the end.

I'm sort of wondering if we'll be seeing the shi'ar imperial guard in the next one.

I'm sort of wondering if we'll be seeing the shi'ar imperial guard in the next one.
    Unless they get all "close encounters" it would be tricky to bring an intergalactic empire onto earth out of the Blue...

a bit of a stretch for a sci-fi movie genre...

I'm hoping for either the reality warping Proteus...

Or the Hellfire club...

or some hard core Sentinal action... Giant Robots dredging that lake 'case there's a mutant "signature" undernieth...then BAM!!!
    PHOENIX!!!

I just saw X2. It kicked ass.
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

X2 was pretty cool. However, there was almost too many characters to let the average person who isn't familiar with the X-Men to get to know. Tons of inside stuff for the true fans. Noticed on the computer screen when Mystique was hacking into Stryker's system some names of mutants. Only was able to catch Remy Lebeau (Gambit) and Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man from X-Factor). Can't wait for the DVD so I can pause it and get a good look at a few things. Kelly Hu is awesome. I liked her wardrobe in Scorpion King better though. HAHA !! I'm not sure if she was an actual bad guy in this. Through the whole movie she didn't say a word. You could tell she was under Stryker's control because she almost bucked it one time. When Wolverine supposedly killed her her eyes changed to brown and you could tell my the look on Wolverine's face that he didn't want to do it. The reason I say supposedly is because, everyone who is familiar with the X-Men universe knows that no one stays dead forever. The fight between Deathstrike and Wolverine was brutal. She was whipping his hind end. She's not hard on the eyes either. She was one of the main reasons I watched Martial Law every week!!
    Overall, X2 was an excellent movie. Can't wait for the next 10 or so sequels. (hopehopehope) I mean after all look how many Jason movies there are.

Beast and Gambit were supposed to have a bigger appearance in X2 - scenes were shot with Hank McCoy mutating into Beast (?) and Remy setting a pack of cards afire in New Orleans (according to thezreview.co.uk). But these scenes were cut out, it seems... ah, maybe in DVD...

Here's a list of mutants from the computer screen: Keniucho Harada (Silver Samurai), Garrison Kane (Kane), Remy LeBeau (Gambit), Eric Lensherr (Magneto), Artie Mad****s, Jamie Madrox (Multiple Man), Xi'an Coy Mahn (Karma), Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver), Kevin McTaggart, Danielle Moonstar (Mirage), Ororo Munroe (Storm), Paige Guthrie (Husk), Samuel Guthrie (Cannonball). I wonder who of them will appear in X3...

I guess now with Syrin in X2 we won't be seeing Banshee? Two screaming mutants may be too much...
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Screen shot of that computer screen...

Also work noting was FRANKLIN RICHARDS (child of the fantastic four)
    project "wide awake"... the Sentinal Project.

Kevin McTaggart=Proteus the reality warping mutant.

rumor has it the ending was suppose to also feature the very first Sentinal Robot being turned on...

could the (2) by the Maximoff name be Pietro(Quicksilver) and Wanda(the Scarlet Witch)?

Scarlet Witch, a mutant?? You sure?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Positive Scarlet Witch is a mutant. Her brother is Quicksilver and their real father is Magneto. As revealed in Vision and Scarlet Witch mini-series issue #4 when Quicksilver's daughter was born.

Man, X-men 2 kicked ass!!
    But I wished they would have explained deathstrike more, and show the past relationship she had with wolverine.
    I was also disappointed thet beast and angel were not in the movie, as they were intended to be.
    Other than that I think that nightcrawler and pyro were well portrayed in the movie.