View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 1145 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 14564510451095113511431144114511461147115511951245 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,175 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

their position now is

"ok sin the is a liar and fraud, but what i experienced in shaolin do is still magical, shaolin do is still for real"

or

"shaolin is fake, but im super duper elite badass warrior fighter. so what?"

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    As a sifu myself, i can't lie, i find it utterly disrespectful for people to claim to be kung fu and carry the title of "sensei". These people continue to wonder why we see them as karate more than kung fu anyday.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    I am surprised at his patience with you, hskwarrior. I wish I shared that ability. I do not. Personally, if I ever did meet you I would want to beat you within an inch of your life.
    CHRIS MEESE, WHEN YOU ARE READY, LET ME KNOW. BETWEEN YOU AND ME, I SAY YOU'RE BULLSH1TTIN' ME.

I KNOW ALL TOO WELL THE IDEA OF WANTING TO DO SOMETHING, BUT UNABLE TO ACTUALLY DO IT. i WANTED TO RUN SO BAD AFTER MY ACCIDENT BUT COULDN'T DO IT.

YOU ACTUALLY BEATING ME TO AN INCH OF MY LIFE, YOU'LL BE FEELING THAT EXACT SAME FEELING. THIS I PROMISE YOU.

SO COME GET IT WHEN YOU WANT IT.

-FRANK.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    If you think I have any affinity toward Sin The, then you have failed to pay attention or read my posts. The man lied to his student or under oath. Either act is unforgivable. He lied to my teachers too. I respect the lessons that they taught me, and how they taught me to apply an art that isn't what it claimed to be. I have lost all respect for Sin The and do not believe anything he says now.
    Lying under oath is fine. The law isn't always about right and wrong and justice is VERY subjective. I've beaten charges by lying my ass off and I dont regret it at all. But lying to students is weak.

No. This thread is "Is Shaolin-do for real?" It is real even if it is not real Shaolin Kung Fu. If you really believe that kung fu is incomplete without the spiritual aspect, then why do you continuously show no spirituality when you post? Hell, you can't even acknowledge who you really are.
    LOL, that was a lawyers answer and you know it JP.

We all know what was meant by the comment "is SD for real?"

Also, you must have a narrow view of spirituality if you assume it means you have to be nice. Some spiritual beliefs have people sacrificing virgins.

In wombat combat I heard they sacrifice virgins then paint themselves with blood from the hymen and eat the womb to bask in their innocent Chi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    maybe its my age and i'm going senile. Can you post what assumptions i made. Just cut and paste like any other time.

I thought i was asking you questions.

So question. Not an assumption. What is your take on what happened to me? One day i was going to the cemetary to drop off some roses for my girlfriend who's friend had committed suicide. I never met this girl in my life before. Didn't know what she looked like.

Then that day i was watching this film in my mind of this blond female thanking me personally for bringing the flowers to her. When i saw her actual picture my heart stopped.....literally. Because the girl in the pic was the same one in my vision. So, for me, this is proof that although our earth vehicles may die, we never do.
    How do you know that the connections weren't made after the fact. Or maybe you saw a pic and just didn't consciously realize it. Our minds process time with linear thought, but in reality this linear time does not exist. I question any psychic who bases their belief on personal experience and can't show anyone. That being said, I have convinced people I was psychic. I'm not. I'm just observant. Probe, validate, probe, probe, validate. It's actually really easy.

Blog Entries
    Syn,

i'm not a psychic like Ms. Cleo psychic. I can't read for anyone. i've given advice based on my gut feelings and more often was correct but never "AS A PSYCHIC".

now, the thing's i've personally experienced is described by the psychic community as "psychic experiences". but again ms or mr cleo i am not.

I have had many experiences over my life time. my newest one, and isn't some retna detachment or anything, but for the last few years i've been seeing dots, small and large flashes of colored it. there isn't anything wrong with my eyes. i'm discovering this is happening to many people around the world. learning what its all about is fun.

to make it short, i've experienced too much to stunt it with science. science cannot explain some of those things i've experienced.

im also with you on being skeptical about psychics. i know i am. the only one i trust it my aunt. she has done readings for me and has never failed. even down to the car accident she predicted.

as i've mentioned, sometimes there is just "I KNOW WHAT I EXPERIENCED" AND WE LEAVE IT AT THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    as i've mentioned, sometimes there is just "I KNOW WHAT I EXPERIENCED" AND WE LEAVE IT AT THAT.
    Prolly for the best But then SD could say the same thing about the effectiveness of their style and any spiritual connection they have found therein. That's just not how I roll. Any epiphany I may have will be demonstrable.

When I was younger I believed in stuff like that. My spirituality is amoral and it is all physics. I used to read all these old texts and started seeing parallels all over the place and it led me to a more fluid and modern way of thinking. If there was a god, there would be a mathematical formula to describe it's nature. We'd just have to find it. Math is language of the gods.

One thing I am sure of tho, there is much we do not know, and anything is possible, literally. Maybe not here, but somewhere. It's a big multiverse. And I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Lying under oath is fine. The law isn't always about right and wrong and justice is VERY subjective. I've beaten charges by lying my ass off and I dont regret it at all. But lying to students is weak.
    I disagree that lying under oath is ok, but many people share your belief. I make a living pointing out lies under oath. but to me if Sin The lied under oath to protect a copyright, then he would not only have a right to that protection, but he would know it. Lying to protect your little corner of the market is not justified in my opinion. I'm not a Kantist; I don't believe you have to follow the categorical imperative at all costs and there may be circumstances where telling a lie serves a bigger truth, but I can't see this circumstance as one of them.
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 11-21-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

LOL, that was a lawyers answer and you know it JP.

We all know what was meant by the comment "is SD for real?"

Also, you must have a narrow view of spirituality if you assume it means you have to be nice. Some spiritual beliefs have people sacrificing virgins.

In wombat combat I heard they sacrifice virgins then paint themselves with blood from the hymen and eat the womb to bask in their innocent Chi!!!
    Seeing as I now know that you have no qualms lying under oath to serve your subjective purposes, I understand your attitude toward lawyers.

And my view of spirituality isn't as narrow as you assume. I simply admit that there are some things that go beyond our ability to comprehend. Perhaps the belief of sacrificing virgins is one of those things, but I think that is more justifying your own sadism in the name of spirituality.

"We satisfy our endless needs and justify our bloody deeds in the name of destiny and in the name of god."
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

I should clarify that I meant under oath in a court of law. Breaking promises or lying to your friends or fam is weak.

Of course there are times when I think it's wrong to lie in court. But there are times when it is right. Like if you get charged for defending yourself. Or for smoking a joint. Fuck that, what joint?

I have no issue with paying for my actions. Consequences are important. But I will not be held accountable and punished for something that I believe is not a crime. I will subvert till I die in that respect. Infact I have taken to a particular field in electronics based on subversion. As a hobby that is. For the monies you have to build trinkets for the masses, or create some handy new device. Workin on it. Making an RF jammer right now. I won't use it, but it's nice to know I have one and can make more anytime I want. In an RFID world, this is golden.

Seeing as I now know that you have no qualms lying under oath to serve your subjective purposes, I understand your attitude toward lawyers.

And my view of spirituality isn't as narrow as you assume. I simply admit that there are some things that go beyond our ability to comprehend. Perhaps the belief of sacrificing virgins is one of those things, but I think that is more justifying your own sadism in the name of spirituality.

"We satisfy our endless needs and justify our bloody deeds in the name of destiny and in the name of god."
    I don't assume you have a narrow view, I was just making a point. I'm theatrical like that.

Also, you must have a narrow view of spirituality if you assume it means you have to be nice.
    I love lawyers, you kidding? Speaking of assumptions

I only work with female lawyers, they really know how to go for the jugular. It's a temperament thing.
    Last edited by Syn7; 11-21-2012 at 05:03 AM.

I don't assume you have a narrow view, I was just making a point. I'm theatrical like that.

I love lawyers, you kidding? Speaking of assumptions

I only work with female lawyers, they really know how to go for the jugular. It's a temperament thing.
    LOL. Ok. Fair enough. What do you do for a living?

I'm an electrician but I'm working on a masters in electronic engineering. I started late tho, so I'm not gonna be done for a while. I wish I hadn't even bothered with being an electrician. A retarded monkey could wire a house. I lost interest real quick. When the learning curve leveled off, I felt empty doing that. I am a very intellectually curious person and I realized I needed to be in a field that was expanding exponentially every single minute of every single day. I am very committed to the open source movement and I see patents as being a thing of the past. The internet may be the largest experiment in chaos in human history, but it has taught us that we can excel in a collaborative fashion in a way never seen before. Old money is losing this fight, innovators are, once again, about to run things.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I deleted my posts. My initial impression was that the Gis were disrespectful attire for a funeral, especially for someone you honored in life. But I see that wearing them probably honored him more than a suit and tie ever could.

Again, my apologies for the misstep.
    This is respectable. For what it's worth I deleted my post calling you "lower than low."