View Poll Results: What to do about the 'Is Shaolin-Do for real?' thread

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Merge all S-D threads together so it clears 1000 posts!

22 38.60%
  • Unlock IS-Dfr. Let all the S-D threads stand independently.

13 22.81%
  • Keep IS-Dfr locked down. All IS-Dfr posters deserved to be punished.

5 8.77%
  • Delete them all. Let Yama sort them out.

17 29.82%
Page 240 of 1335 FirstFirst ... 1401902302382392402412422502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 20011

Thread: Is Shaolin-Do for real?

Quote Originally Posted by kungfujunky View Post
    did you test gt?

man it sounds like you all had a good time!
    No kfj, I was just a spectator most of the day and attended the seminar. And no, I didn't test. Way too out of shape to go through one of those.

From everyone I spoke with, yes, it appeared that everyone had a great time. There was probably a couple 100 in the competition and then close to 300 at the seminar. A lot of old faces and quite a few new ones.
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Thanks

Thanks GT. I didn't even know I had placed until Master Price announced it. I had a great day, even though in sparring I got DQ'd for excessive head contact...oops!
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

What a wonderful weekend....I've never seen so many smiling faces....congrats to all who competed. I got to meet Kwaichang and 9th drunk for the first time....really wonderful people and great representatives of what SD is all about. The seminar was awsome...the Golden Leopard System is something I'll enjoy for the rest of my life ( figure it will take that long to get it down ) The highlites for me were meeting 9TH, KC, spending time with Master Moony and his crew, plus a short push hand lesson with Master Eric Smith. I learned more in 5 min. with him than in 6 months of regular classes. GT come out of the woods someday

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin
    plus a short push hand lesson with Master Eric Smith. I learned more in 5 min. with him than in 6 months of regular classes. GT come out of the woods someday
    Maybe I need to come teach that class then. Might not be 5 mins though, probably take me 10 . And I am out of the woods , I just keep a low profile

Yes Bent, you are going to have to take it easy on your opponents.

Kwaichang was there? Darn, I must have missed him. Wonder why he didn't sneak JP up with him. Fellow owes me a beer or two!
    "Pain heals, chicks dig scars..Glory lasts forever"......

Baqualin,

It was really nice to meet you as well. It seems that the more folks I meet that have been in SD for a while, the more I realize why I love this system.

Man, the golden leopard shaped up really nicely. I gotta say, the fourth road is up there on my favorite forms list now. Getting to hear the little descriptions for liu shing has me all giddy and I don't really want to wait six months!

So, for everyone I got to see or meet, it was really a pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tiger View Post
    Maybe I need to come teach that class then. Might not be 5 mins though, probably take me 10 . And I am out of the woods , I just keep a low profile

Yes Bent, you are going to have to take it easy on your opponents.

Kwaichang was there? Darn, I must have missed him. Wonder why he didn't sneak JP up with him. Fellow owes me a beer or two!
    KC and I were looking for you

Please do, at least come in on Sat.'s @ 10am...I work with the Internal students in the second gym, I'm always looking to improve myself and them. Not this Sat. though, I'm testing for 2nd blk. sash wish me luck.

I would also like to give a special congrats. to Rob Petri from West Va. he was promoted to 5 th on Sunday and it was pretty emotional....he didn't see it coming and couldn't hardly fight back the tears. Rob is a West Va. State trooper and is in charge of all their self defense training....he has been Grand Champion at Tournments a few times.....also fights full contact no holds barred in the cage and does very well......his love for Shaolin-Do is unsurpassed and he works as hard anybody in the system.

By the way...I was warned not to get ****y with WVa. troopers you might get head butted.

Awesome

Rob Petry is one of the best people I know. I got to spar him in my first tournament match as a black belt in 1998. He won of course, but I had a lot of fun.
    Congrats to him. I wish I'd been there to see it.
    "Repugnant is a creature that would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of it's fleeting time here." - Tool

www.bentmonk.com

Congrats on the good showing BM. I'll find my way up to Louisville someday to slug it out with ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Congrats on the good showing BM. I'll find my way up to Louisville someday to slug it out with ya!
    Thanks. It'd be great if you could come up some time. Tell Master Mullins I said hello. I miss seeing him at tournament. The demos that he, Mike, and Kevin did are some of the best I ever saw. It ain't the same without 'em.

www.bentmonk.com

Quote Originally Posted by BentMonk View Post
    Rob Petry is one of the best people I know. I got to spar him in my first tournament match as a black belt in 1998. He won of course, but I had a lot of fun.
    Congrats to him. I wish I'd been there to see it.
    Sorry I didn't get to meet you this time....I never found the time to get with Master Price to point you out...it was pretty busy all weekend...Mucho congrats on your place!!!
    This goes out to you and all on this thread who stand up for the SD FAMILY.....look me up when in Lex. and dinner's (or Beer)is on me.

This thread is so awesome. The Shaolin kung fu forum should just change it's name to the Shaolin-Do kung fu forum since this is the only active thread nowadays in here.

Uhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Sorry I didn't get to meet you this time....I never found the time to get with Master Price to point you out...it was pretty busy all weekend...Mucho congrats on your place!!!
    This goes out to you and all on this thread who stand up for the SD FAMILY.....look me up when in Lex. and dinner's (or Beer)is on me.
    does this include me??

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    does this include me??
    Why wouldn't it or should I say why shouldn't it....unless your trying to tell me your going to eat more food or drink more beer than I can afford.

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    Why wouldn't it or should I say why shouldn't it....unless your trying to tell me your going to eat more food or drink more beer than I can afford.
    how did you know?? do you know who I am ??? I am known for my bottomless stomach!!! THANX!!

Hey Judge Pen

Hey, Judge Pen,

I am one of Master Garry Mullins' students (white sash, began a month and a half ago. I have sparring techs 1-10 and short forms 1-14 so far). I am fortunate enough to take a Tuesday morning class that only about 4 or 5 students show up to, so we get LOTS of personal attention. I noticed that your location says Knoxville. I grew up there but don't remember any Shaolin schools there. Do you ever make it up to Johnson City? I'd love to talk shop sometime in person! Are you coming to the Golden Leopard seminar in October?