Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: I bet Masterkillers' in here somewhere

OT: I bet Masterkillers' in here somewhere

LOL. Probably. I bet he's giving a symposium on the various light saber dueling techniques of Jedi and Sith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Actually, I'm all up in this...
    I love that page.....

Originally posted by Judge Pen
    LOL. Probably. I bet he's giving a symposium on the various light saber dueling techniques of Jedi and Sith.
    Everyone knows that Maul uses Teras Kasi.

MK did you read the book on him that came out a couple of years ago? I've had a hard time picking up SW books thanks primarily to Zahn but secondarily because they are so far pretty much just candy for the brain.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    Everyone knows that Maul uses Teras Kasi.
    My geek question of the day:

If Maul uses a double bladed saber (I assume that's the Teras Kasi fighting technique) and Mace Windu is supposed to know every style of fighting with sabers, does Mace have a couble-bladed saber somewhere and, if so, why doesn't he break that bad-boy out sometime?
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

My geek question of the day:

If Maul uses a double bladed saber (I assume that's the Teras Kasi fighting technique) and Mace Windu is supposed to know every style of fighting with sabers, does Mace have a couble-bladed saber somewhere and, if so, why doesn't he break that bad-boy out sometime?
    Lots of people know Teras Kasi. It's an old fighting style, and has nothing to do with a preference for single or double-bladed weapons. Heck, some of them use vibro-blades (the big sticks used by Emperor's Royal Guard)>

The Jedi are just more refined and have developed their own styles. Teras Kasi is like a "village style" as opposed to the Jedi's more sophisticated "Temple style," if that makes sense.

And yes, some Jedi use double-bladed sabers. It's just that they are very dangerous to wield, so it takes someone with big nuts and a lot of skill to use one.

he probably doesn't own one but he probably knows how to use it!

There are two explanations I've seen for the two bladed saber. The first is that it is a training tool - that is in a star wars book I have with equipment from the movie.

the second is that it is a purely Sith creation, considered to aggressive for teh needs of the Jedi. I believe that is found in the SW RPG.

How many fighting styles are there?

Originally posted by red5angel
    MK did you read the book on him that came out a couple of years ago? I've had a hard time picking up SW books thanks primarily to Zahn but secondarily because they are so far pretty much just candy for the brain.
    Shadow Hunter is must if you like Maul.

Using the momentum of the forward thrust, Maul dived over the collapsing droid before him, flowing smoothly into a shoulder roll. He came up twirling his lightsaber overhead, then stepped down solidly into the teräs käsi wide stance called Riding Bantha. Even as he did the movement, part of him was monitoring his body's state. His breathing was slow and even, his pulse elevated by no more than two or three beats per minute from its resting rate.

BTW, Teras Kasi roughly translates as "Steel Hands."

How many fighting styles are there?
    Hundreds.

LOL! You're talking about a "Republic" made up several hundred star systems. That doesn't include all the habited star systems in the galaxy, just the ones in the Republic! Not to mention the fact not all aliens are built the same!
    Also, it's a fiction universe so how many would you like to exist?

yet in jedi knight academy, you can choose to wield single, dual light sabers, or the double bladed one. and thats right from lucas arts, so is it really a sith creation?

or and i loved some of the comments on that kids livejournal. cracked me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

From StarWars.com

As the Jedi had not faced the Sith for centuries, lightsaber dueling had become a lost art. To focus their training and their skill, Jedi still partake in practice duels and sparring contests, but to face an actual saber-wielding opponent was not something any Jedi expected before the Naboo crisis. In the past, the double-ended lightsaber was reserved only for training purposes.
    Unlike the Jedi, who use natural crystals mined from such worlds as Ossus in the Adega system, the Sith prefer synthetic crystals to generate their lightsaber blades. While the crystals are being forged in a blazing furnace, it is not uncommon for a Sith to reach out with the Force and manipulate the process, focusing his hatred for the Jedi to increase the potency of the crystals.

Millennia ago, the Sith Lord Exar Kun fashioned a modified lightsaber with two blades. During the events of the Great Sith War, Kun modified his existing weapon to increase its lethality. Customized controls allowed him to extend the length of each blade from half a meter to one-and-a-half meters.

Red, thanks for the link that's some funny stuff.

The instructors at my school gave me a Mace Windu lightsaber for Christmas (like the ones in some of those pics). Cool gift but I have no idea of where to put it! LOL

USKSF North Region: www.usksfnorth.org