Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 8step linked fist

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    ngok and sal

thanks very much for this information!!!! you dont know how much this is helping me!
    I recommend you getting the 4 vcds of these sets, I learned these set many years ago and these vcds follow exactly, plus they came from the people who created the forms.

One thing to note, although it is said the Cai Longyun created these forms, Shaolin
    has always had a loose set of self defense techniques they called 18 Lohan Hands that are the identical movements, just not isolated into postures and put into a standard form.
    So, if Cai did that, he may have used these loose techniques from Shaolin.
    But, legend has it that these movemtns came from the Wah Quan style originally and a Shaolin monk was defeated by them and thus they incorporated the movements into shaolin.

But, since Cai's family style is Wah Quan (Hua Quan), then it all comes full circle?
    Maybe he did not use the Shaolin moves to create his form, but both he and Shaolin got it from the same original source?

Also, another intersting note:
    If you are into the Eagle Claw style, the first move of this 18 Lohan form is an eagle claw move (which is also done in Yue Fei style and also in some Fanzi styles).

Also, the first 5 movements of this 18 Lohan form are the 5 elements in the original order, before Hebei Xing Yi people changed the order.
    In 18 Lohan the first 5 moves are the equivalent of:
    1 - Pi - splitting - metal
    2 - Zuan - drilling - water
    3 - Bang - crushing - wood
    4 - Pao - pounding - fire
    5 - Heng - crossing - earth

And if you continue from there the postures of the animals from XY are found in the rest of the form in a rudimentary way, such as Eagle, bear, moneky, crane, horse, dragon, hawk, swallow, sparrow hawk, and others.

Weird, what does it mean?

originally posted by Iron Silk
    "......so I finally answer your question I swear I've seen it somewhere on the web before unforunately that was long time ago and I no longer have the link BUT... I swear I saw it in one of the Lee Koon Hung Open Ceremony performances so...commence digging...SUCCESS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=991e3tchIxc"

Hmmm. Luohan 18 hands is the first set in my school and 8 step the second.
    This video is a much different two-man version than the one I know. They did a lot of extra steping, that jump inside kick is new, and at the turnaround my A side guy does the other side .
    There is a video of this version on my schools site for download.
    Its in the old club section, lohan A+B.
    http://www.chingwu.org/web/index.php...d=15&Itemid=43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ-7lYXhJbg&eurl=

here is a better example of the form. i start around 7:22 unfortunetly.

-Adam

*edit

Sal you are a wealth of information. I have a video of me doing 18 lohan, but i just finished it two weeks before and I am not proud of it. so I will take another one and post it for you guys.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 12-21-2006 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

for those of you that care. i performed this form at lee koon hung grand opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxnTtiAFT4g

i even called it by the semi correct name

its right at the clip so you dont ahve to watch trhough 7 minutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.