Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want to see Kimbo vs. James Lacey

I want to see Kimbo vs. James Lacey

This was posted on another forum, on an MMA board.

Jim Lacey: Using authentic White Tiger kung fu I will crack your skull in 1-3 moves, just like I crack coconuts (that I don't bake first... honest!)
    Kimbo: ****. Bring it. Nga gotta eat.
    Jim Lacey: You can punch hard, but you don't use authentic 18 elders cotton palm dit da jow. I smash coconuts with my palms, man. Coconuts. I'll do that to your head.
    Kimbo: Didn't you steal all your forms by watching video tapes of some Chinese guy performing them, taking notes using Kenpo terminology, and then trying to recreate them yourself?
    Jim Lacey: Did you just form that complex of a sentence all by yourself?

Lacey is a riot. Have you seen his website? www.ironpalm.com. He cracks coconuts with his iron palm and claims it's like breaking a human skull. He sells all sorts of meditations and forms and stuff for like $600. It's ****ing rediculous. I think he sells jow herbs and stuff, too. He's very controversial in traditional MA circles, and basically most people (except his diciples) think he's full of ****.

Anyway, it would be a funny fight cuz they're the same size.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Not to mention enourmously bearded. It'd be like watching two big bearded guys fight.

The thing is, I'd rather see Kimbo fight someone who can actually fight with a little skill. You know, so we can see a *fight*...

... instead of another mugging.

Say what you will about Kimbo's skills, but I absolutely love that guy's beard.

So what elements do you think make kimbo such a good fighter?

He's a big guy.
    Intimidating.
    Hard punches.
    Not afraid t get hurt, he'll jump right at you if you don't.
    High pain tolerance.

I don't know what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by syn View Post

He's a big guy.
    Intimidating.
    Hard punches.
    High pain tolerance.

I don't know what do you guys think?
    I say it's all in the beard.

It's totally true. See, Kimbo made a deal with the big guy upstairs that he wouldn't cut his hair in exchange for super human strength, "just like Sampson."

Unfortunately, God thought Kimbo said "Simpsons" on account of his accent... so thinking Kimbo was refering to Homer Simpson, God made him bald, gave him a beer belly, and forbade him to cut his *beard hair* in order to maintain his devine strength. Too bad the misunderstanding went both ways though, because when God ordered Kimbo to use his powers to "stomp on the Phillistines", Kimbo thought he said "smoke crackuhz like Holyfie'd".

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    The thing is, I'd rather see Kimbo fight someone who can actually fight with a little skill. You know, so we can see a *fight*...

Nice description of his fights, at least what I've seen.

Would be nice to see him fight someone with some skill. This Lacey guy sounds like a major fake though.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by syn View Post
    He's a big guy.
    Intimidating.
    Hard punches.
    High pain tolerance.
    He has good head & upper body movement, which makes him hard to hit. He combines this with good use of uppercuts.

Nice one Jack!

TBH Knife, I don't think he was that good at the upper body movement in the first couple of fights we saw. That last one against that big stiff bodybuilding stiff (who, BTW, contrary to your comment on the other thread, I'd probably fight if someone paid me!) showed how much he's improved.

BTW, there's no way that chat between Lacy and Kimbo is straight up! No-one would use stupid lines like the not using jow, and Kimbo wouldn't know or give a **** enough to make an eloquent statement about Lacy's lineage and learning would he?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

not true. Kimbo struck a deal with Chuck Norris, and hair transplanted some of Chuck Norris's beard onto his own, thus supplementing him with some of Chuck Noriss's strength. Much like Doc Samson Did with gamma rays, trying to gain power like the Hulk. It's true.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    not true. Kimbo struck a deal with Chuck Norris, and hair transplanted some of Chuck Norris's beard onto his own, thus supplementing him with some of Chuck Noriss's strength. Much like Doc Samson Did with gamma rays, trying to gain power like the Hulk. It's true.
    did you know chuck drank some of bruce lee's blood for his wataaing.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    He has good head & upper body movement, which makes him hard to hit. He combines this with good use of uppercuts.
    hes also quick for a bid dude and suprisingly accurate. his footwork is getting better every vid and hes getting more patient as someone else mentioned (maybe even you kf).

its also worth noting that the guy isnt just throwing haymakers ... his technique extremely clean for the types of fights hes doing. its worth noting again that he can soak up the damage something fierce.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Not to mention enourmously bearded. It'd be like watching two big bearded guys fight.

gannon was no pushover. in fact he won. there were questionable things done by both parties and none of it was ever brought up (publicly) after the fact. unless i just missed something props to them both. i could be wrong, but if i remember right kimbo's people also had no problems making the vid of their 10k loss publically available.

also keep in mind that while some of these other guys might not be quite gannons callibur they are probably some pretty tough dudes. they'd have to be for people to raise 10k to make the fight happen. (minus the bodybuilder even if kf wants to beat my ass for saying so). kimbo is simply outclassing them and building up steam.
    where's my beer?

These are $10k fights? Didn't look like it to me, guess there's a lot of people with $10k to burn. Most of them just look like backyard brawls.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    BTW, there's no way that chat between Lacy and Kimbo is straight up!
    No kidding
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.