Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Real

Hybrid View

Sifu Abel

I am sorry If my Monkey does conform to yours, but yes I would rake your eyes & poke the soft tissue or hole of your throat (Lien Chuan). The monkey style that use relys elusive footwork yes, but our tactics include moves to distract / blind an opponent.
    Monkeys are mean, backstabbing, mischivious and annoying little animals that can not go toe to toe with a tiger. They prefer to sneak up from behind grab his balls and run.

Ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    I am sorry If my Monkey does conform to yours, but yes I would rake your eyes & poke the soft tissue or hole of your throat (Lien Chuan). The monkey style that use relys elusive footwork yes, but our tactics include moves to distract / blind an opponent.
    Monkeys are mean, backstabbing, mischivious and annoying little animals that can not go toe to toe with a tiger. They prefer to sneak up from behind grab his balls and run.

Ginosifu
    You forgot to throw poo on him afterwards! I thought I taught you better than that. NEVER FORGET THE POO!

I have a feeling the name of the next thread by the MMA crowd will be THE MYTH OF THE EYE RAKE AND BALL GRAB. LOL!
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 01-09-2007 at 08:24 PM.

Ginosifu
    If we were fighting tigers I'd agree with you. But were're not. We are fighting other monkies. Humans; to be exact.

Make no mistake, as far as monkies go, I AM the biggest son of a bitch on the planet. I will do ANYTHING and everything I can if need be. But I don't depend on being the small monkey. And thats the point. If all you got is the soft, then you may not get through the hard.

The eye gouge/throat strike is a panacea if used as a sole strategy. While I'm not above using such a technique, its not the basis of my entire style. Your style should be much bigger than that.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 01-10-2007 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Make no mistake, as far as monkies go, I AM the biggest son of a bitch on the planet.
    May I ask how you got that title? The planet is a pretty big place.

BTW William F. Buckley, it's spelled "monkeys" not "monkies".
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    BTW William F. Buckley, it's spelled "monkeys" not "monkies".
    Not in the ghetto.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Not in the ghetto.
    Is this real enough ghetto?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3gG12aLgE0

I just love this video

BTW, Here's some real fighting for you who have never seen a real fight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfliPzCfTo&NR
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Monkey Fist

Make no mistake, as far as monkies go, I AM the biggest son of a bitch on the planet. I will do ANYTHING and everything I can if need be. But I don't depend on being the small monkey. And thats the point. If all you got is the soft, then you may not get through the hard.

The eye gouge/throat strike is a panacea if used as a sole strategy. While I'm not above using such a technique, its not the basis of my entire style. Your style should be much bigger than that.
    Yes this is correct SifuAbel, they are only the the first in bombardment of other attacks. They can be reguarded like set ups for more powerful techniques. Our Monkey includes elbows, kness, shuai jiao, iron palm, low sweeps and rolls. The Angry Monkey is like any Kung Fu system with long range / short range punches and kicks, grabbing and Throws.

What some of you guys did was take a comment that I made hypotheticaly and as a fun light hearted attempt to make a joke (at myself), and get all wound up about it. I made it only to get a point across that the venue (or rules) may play a role in who will have the advantage in given match.

My main reason for posting here was to bring to light that you guys are not using this forum productivly. You guys bash everyone (even me), instead of helping or informing each other.

Also there is alot of things said and posted to "YouTube" that are disrespectful and Not Appropriate according to some GM's and I get an earful from these GM's complaining that you guys should'nt be doing what your doing.

Well, I am done spying on you guys. MOSt of the threads and posts here are a waste of time. I can see everyone is into their own agenda and there is no future here.

Ginosifu

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

DM

My main reason for posting here was to bring to light that you guys are not using this forum productivly. You guys bash everyone (even me), instead of helping or informing each other.

Well, I am done spying on you guys. MOSt of the threads and posts here are a waste of time. I can see everyone is into their own agenda and there is no future here.
    Dayum. I feel honoured to have had this insight shared with me. 'US GUYS' are not using the forum productively? And you come here to lecture us on it by posting on a waste of time rehashed thread, instead of contributing to some of the many many useful threads we have round here? Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu
    What some of you guys did was take a comment that I made hypotheticaly and as a fun light hearted attempt to make a joke (at myself), and get all wound up about it. I made it only to get a point across that the venue (or rules) may play a role in who will have the advantage in given match.
    What you did was to make a stupid comment that didn't convey the point you say you wanted to make, and then got in a tizz because people laughed at you! If it was a joke, good! You've sure got people laughing, but you might wanna be careful because it's very difficult to express your tone clearly on the net. But nobody here's wound up (except maybe Sifu Abel, but he always is! ).

The rules sure do play a role in who has the advantage, but 1) when everybody knows and trains for those rules there is no advantage, and 2) the eye gouges were allowed and did nobody any good (or rather did nobody any harm!), and 3) if you can't wrestle, you can't get position to gouge (do a search for early American bareknuckle fighting history: I think it's on the Journal of Manly Arts site - lots of people lost eyes, but those people were ferociously well-rounded brawlers). These are time-proven points.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA
    To the mockers,
    Other than Gino, who here has accomplished this much in their fighting career? He is the current 5 time national Shuai-Chiao champion. In 1998 he took third place in the Paris world Shuai-Chiao Championships and fourth place in the 1997 Beijing world Shuai-Chiao Championships.
    Who cares! If a man's talking **** he's talking ****! So Gino has a good record and could probably take me apart, so what? How many people has he used eye gouges on in the ring or out?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

And BTW Rogue...

I've been meaning to point this out for some time, but George Bush is not saving my ass.

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Also there is alot of things said and posted to "YouTube" that are disrespectful and Not Appropriate according to some GM's and I get an earful from these GM's complaining that you guys should'nt be doing what your doing.
    Which GMs? Is the problem sharing information? All of my teachers have been very open with their knowledge.

valid point. Here's a valid answer. You're into mma somewhat - do you remember the fight between gerrard gordeau and yuki nakai? gordeau was knuckle deep in nakai's eye, and nakai STILL beat him. Not only that, but he beat his next opponent as well. Where was the advantage?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

If we were fighting tigers I'd agree with you. But were're not. We are fighting other monkies. Humans; to be exact.
    LOL... unless you are hanging out in the zoo, not too many people are fighting monkeys... mostly it's other people.

By the same token, people are not monkeys... or bugs, or dragons, or tigers, or any of the other myriad of things CMA practioners think they are supposed to imitate when fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    LOL... unless you are hanging out in the zoo, not too many people are fighting monkeys... mostly it's other people.
    But why aren't we fighting monkeys?

They gave us AIDS, ebola....

I think it's time we struck back. They won't even see it coming!!

Let's hit 'em with syphilis, genital warts, and alcoholism!!! Let the very skies rain with their tears!!! Primate Armageddon!!! YEEEEEHHAAAAAWWW!!!!

Wake the **** up!

1) Everything you think you can do to the other guy he can do to you too... that includes digging his fingers into your eyes when he has you down, dropping a forearm on the base of your neck..... it is a two way street. Doesn't mean you can't go test how you compare with them under the same rules.

2) Sports have rules and rules are broken all the time. If you think you can evade competition quality striking and sink some dangerous move... go do it, get penalized a point and then win by KO in the next round? It's no different than guys covering their opponants mouth while in side control. They get warned, they move on.

3) If you don't like "sport" create your own event. I have stopped posting Throwdowns here because no Kung Fu guys show up to play. One guy from the forum showed up once to watch.

4) Cut the ****! You're not fooling anyone. Fighters know why non-fighters don't fight... we know why trained martial artists don't fight..... they're not fighters. We know you can kick and punch but we know we can do it better, meaner, with more intention. We know we'll kick your ass which is why we are eager to show up. Which is why we do show up. Likewise, nonfighters know they'll get their ass kicked. This is why they don't show up.

I admit I won't go surf 25 foot Pipeline. Not because I'm a free surfer. And not because I'm not skilled enough.... I'm scared and don't want to get really hurt or killed. I wouldn't want to fight Chuck Lidell for the hell of it for the same reason. Throw me a few grand and I'll do my best until he drops me

Be real with yourself! Because you're not fooling anyone else, just sounding like a tool.