Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Let's Be Real

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    Make no mistake, as far as monkies go, I AM the biggest son of a bitch on the planet.
    May I ask how you got that title? The planet is a pretty big place.

BTW William F. Buckley, it's spelled "monkeys" not "monkies".
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Monkey Fist

Make no mistake, as far as monkies go, I AM the biggest son of a bitch on the planet. I will do ANYTHING and everything I can if need be. But I don't depend on being the small monkey. And thats the point. If all you got is the soft, then you may not get through the hard.

The eye gouge/throat strike is a panacea if used as a sole strategy. While I'm not above using such a technique, its not the basis of my entire style. Your style should be much bigger than that.
    Yes this is correct SifuAbel, they are only the the first in bombardment of other attacks. They can be reguarded like set ups for more powerful techniques. Our Monkey includes elbows, kness, shuai jiao, iron palm, low sweeps and rolls. The Angry Monkey is like any Kung Fu system with long range / short range punches and kicks, grabbing and Throws.

What some of you guys did was take a comment that I made hypotheticaly and as a fun light hearted attempt to make a joke (at myself), and get all wound up about it. I made it only to get a point across that the venue (or rules) may play a role in who will have the advantage in given match.

My main reason for posting here was to bring to light that you guys are not using this forum productivly. You guys bash everyone (even me), instead of helping or informing each other.

Also there is alot of things said and posted to "YouTube" that are disrespectful and Not Appropriate according to some GM's and I get an earful from these GM's complaining that you guys should'nt be doing what your doing.

Well, I am done spying on you guys. MOSt of the threads and posts here are a waste of time. I can see everyone is into their own agenda and there is no future here.

Ginosifu

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

If we were fighting tigers I'd agree with you. But were're not. We are fighting other monkies. Humans; to be exact.
    LOL... unless you are hanging out in the zoo, not too many people are fighting monkeys... mostly it's other people.

By the same token, people are not monkeys... or bugs, or dragons, or tigers, or any of the other myriad of things CMA practioners think they are supposed to imitate when fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue View Post
    BTW William F. Buckley, it's spelled "monkeys" not "monkies".
    Not in the ghetto.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Exclamation Be Real

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    You guys really like to argue. This topic has been rolled and rerolled a zillion times (can I say Zillion?).

Why don't you take all of you biast attitudes and self absorbed styles and get a life!

Take a great MMA fighter like Chuck Ludell, if was to come to my school and fight me, I would have use monkey and gauge his eyes and pokes to his throat. I would also run around alot since there is no Octogon to pin me up against. If he would catch me or put me in a choke I might be thru. The only true thing you can say is the guy who trains the most in his given style will most likely be thr winner.

My finall word for everyone is The best style in the world is:

THE ONE YOU LOVE AND PRACTICE THE MOST

Ginosifu
    You are kidding right?

Do you think if anyMonkey Style practioner on the Planet thought he could contend wih Liddel, he would have entered the UFC years ago and brought immediate credibility to himself, his school,and his Teacher...by gouging and poking???? MANY have tried that , and similiar technigues on Chuck L and others in the UFC..only to find themslves knocked out or submitted.

I think the UFC's 13 year record of Good Strikers who can sprawl and Grapple, along with applying and escaping Jujitu holds...is a long enogh time for someone to have stepped forward with their Monkey Style ( which I do like, I remember reading my first article on Paulie Zink years ago and was intrigued by the Style)
    and won or placed in at least ONE of the UFC EVENTS! Dont YOU ???

Liddel and anyone in the top 15 UFC Fighters would kill you in less than 5 minutes...if that long. In the Octagon, your School, or on the Street.

Please remember the Title if this Thread is Let's Be Real

Thank you...sorry for being so direct

JD
    Last edited by JDK; 01-10-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    ...is a long enogh time for someone to have stepped forward with their Monkey Style ( which I do like, I remember reading my first article on Paulie Zink years ago and was intrigued by the Style)
    Paulie Zink is a proven fake, poor choice there.

So, Let's Be Real. What would you do if Chuck showed up at your place looking to kick your butt?

We know what ginosifu would do (successful or not).
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

lol call the police and get my gun out
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Pretty amazing

This subject that no one wants to talk about has gone on for 10 pages. I think we're on to something.

Yes, it's been discussed time and time again but I think the usefulness of TMA in an MMA world needs to be discussed.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    It is the current generations that are alive today that will wittness current events and make decisions based on these events. These decisions will directly effect the near future generations.

Today more than ever, you find people involved in TMA who are wittnessing the surge of the past many years of the MMA climax.

Many of these TMA'ers are converting over to MMA, or realizing that they need to add to their plate to have a full meal.

These current generations that are making the decisions will decide how TMA plays out in the next few decades.

My prediction:

With the vast introduction of eastern arts to the west in the past century, westerners are being directly associated with a large portion of the future of martial arts.

MMA cannot be ignored. Those with any understanding of fight evolution can see this.

These are the people with whom we can look to, to see the future of our martial arts.

Today is when the old meets the new. YinYang will be prevelent, as always.

MMA is quickly becoming a tradition of its own, with highly structured training facilities popping up around the world.

Much as every country adopted the use of fire, the wheel, firearms, electricity, etc...you can expect to see the introduction of more modern principles being inducted into many old traditions.

Does this mean that many old traditions will be lost? No. There will always be those who will preserve these traditions, and we should thank them.

For these people, who continue on the traditions of thier forefathers, give us the opportunity to united these old traditions with the new.

Thus the continued evolution of martial arts. Something that cannot be denied, nor should be.

This merging of old traditions with new by many of todays generations, will be your outlet to see the use of some older traditional ways in the ring.

However, with any form of evolution, the waste must be cut away, while the useful kept.

This is MMA.

MMA as i see it is still in its early stages of structure as a tradition. Many MMA people view traditional arts as wholey ineffective. Which is not the case. Some prominent MMA practitioners however, can see what is still usefull in many traditional arts.

These are the men and women whom we can look to, to insure the proper development of modernized martial arts.

To blindly view in any direction is still a blind view.

Effective is effective, regardless of its source.

as always, Truth, is the only thing that counts.

I for one lookforward to the coming years of martial arts development, until i die.

this will be my auto response for all topics concerning the future of CMA + MMA
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

11. JDK wrote:
    Do you think if anyMonkey Style practioner on the Planet thought he could contend wih Liddel, he would have entered the UFC years ago and brought immediate credibility to himself, his school,and his Teacher...by gouging and poking???? MANY have tried that , and similiar technigues on Chuck L and others in the UFC..only to find themslves knocked out or submitted.

JKD,
    Actually one of Gino's students is coming up through the ranks in UFC/Cage type fighting. So far I believe he is 2-1. Not a whirlwind yet, but off to a good start. Though I don't think he has gouged anyone's eyes out yet. But like I said, he has just started!

To the mockers,
    Other than Gino, who here has accomplished this much in their fighting career? He is the current 5 time national Shuai-Chiao champion. In 1998 he took third place in the Paris world Shuai-Chiao Championships and fourth place in the 1997 Beijing world Shuai-Chiao Championships.

Anyone here the current 5 time national MMA champion. Anyone else here placed in a recognized world championship? Didn't think so.

And some of you think you are in a position to mock this man?????
    Last edited by MonkeyKingUSA; 01-10-2007 at 04:05 PM.

is that what we can call a virtual b!tch slap?
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Not in the ghetto.
    Is this real enough ghetto?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3gG12aLgE0

I just love this video

BTW, Here's some real fighting for you who have never seen a real fight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfliPzCfTo&NR

DM

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    My main reason for posting here was to bring to light that you guys are not using this forum productivly. You guys bash everyone (even me), instead of helping or informing each other.

Well, I am done spying on you guys. MOSt of the threads and posts here are a waste of time. I can see everyone is into their own agenda and there is no future here.
    Dayum. I feel honoured to have had this insight shared with me. 'US GUYS' are not using the forum productively? And you come here to lecture us on it by posting on a waste of time rehashed thread, instead of contributing to some of the many many useful threads we have round here? Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu
    What some of you guys did was take a comment that I made hypotheticaly and as a fun light hearted attempt to make a joke (at myself), and get all wound up about it. I made it only to get a point across that the venue (or rules) may play a role in who will have the advantage in given match.
    What you did was to make a stupid comment that didn't convey the point you say you wanted to make, and then got in a tizz because people laughed at you! If it was a joke, good! You've sure got people laughing, but you might wanna be careful because it's very difficult to express your tone clearly on the net. But nobody here's wound up (except maybe Sifu Abel, but he always is! ).

The rules sure do play a role in who has the advantage, but 1) when everybody knows and trains for those rules there is no advantage, and 2) the eye gouges were allowed and did nobody any good (or rather did nobody any harm!), and 3) if you can't wrestle, you can't get position to gouge (do a search for early American bareknuckle fighting history: I think it's on the Journal of Manly Arts site - lots of people lost eyes, but those people were ferociously well-rounded brawlers). These are time-proven points.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKingUSA
    To the mockers,
    Other than Gino, who here has accomplished this much in their fighting career? He is the current 5 time national Shuai-Chiao champion. In 1998 he took third place in the Paris world Shuai-Chiao Championships and fourth place in the 1997 Beijing world Shuai-Chiao Championships.
    Who cares! If a man's talking **** he's talking ****! So Gino has a good record and could probably take me apart, so what? How many people has he used eye gouges on in the ring or out?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

And BTW Rogue...

I've been meaning to point this out for some time, but George Bush is not saving my ass.

its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan