Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My dog bit the neighbor girl

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon View Post
    No, but the owner has a responsibility to keep the animal leashed or crated when strange people are on the property. What if that dog saw you as a real threat? Newfoundlands can do damage, Bro. Betcha dollars to donuts that if he ever bites, he will magically turn into a pit bull.

I agree. She said she'd never seen him do that but I later gathered that I was the first strange person on the property since her husband died. My point is that it was an understandable thing given the background. He did it to establish dominance and immediately let go. He surely could have broken my hand in that one moment if that had been his intent.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Jack View Post
    Obviously you are simply not reading the statistics. There is an enourmous amount of historical evidence that proves beyond any doubt the leathality of the Maltese. There's really no point in arguing it further, since the facts speak for themselves.

http://www.afm.gov.mt/pgmal_light_inf.htm

http://www.wirtartna.org/HIG/RMRM.htm

Facts speak for themselves? I always thought you needed a spin-doctor to get the facts to speak the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack II View Post
    Your actually using that crappy six year old CDC study??

Look, I have been around the molosser breed for a long time. Olde Bulldogge's, Dogo Argentino's, Bullmastiffs, American Bandogs, Presas, and of course the American Pit Bull Terrier.

The difference certain ignorant people are not seeing is it is not the breed. Never is and never will be when you look at dogs. Its the inner city ghetto rollers and/or low life animal abusers who pick up these lines because of a certain machismo they think the dog grants them.

In my view, no dog even comes close to the american pit bull terrier in terms of raw smarts, not even on the same planet in terms of loyality, its a American dog to the core with a serious history in our culture if you look back into the turn of the century.
    He's using a crappy six year old study, and you're using the very definition of anecdotal evidence: saying you've got all this experience that flies in the face of scientific study.

OK, not being funny, here's a quick question (which you've already part answered): Why do you choose American Pit Bulls? Why not a Labrador? Why not a Wolfhound, or a Pekinese, or a Miniature Dachshund?

Because, there are certain characteristics that you think are cool in an APB, right? So why, as at least an anecdotal expert, don't you see that there may be negative characteristics too? As you said, you are dealing with dealers, breeders and enthusiasts, not the ghetto d!ckheads and rollers, so your 'evidence' is gonna be way skewed anyway. The answer is part nature and part nurture, as always.

Plus, there are such things as bad people, so why don't you accept that there are such things as bad dogs, and by your own admission, since dogs have different characteristics, why can't some these be bad for your favoured breed?

Blinkers?
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Pen View Post
    Facts speak for themselves? I always thought you needed a spin-doctor to get the facts to speak the truth.
    I'm working on it, but the polls say I'm not doing so well.

I mean, the State of my Union is strong.

Our Union.

You know what I'm trying to say.
    Bodhi Richards

Mr. Punch,

Dude that post of yours was way skewed. Read what I write.

First off, I have real world working and living experiance with these dog, not a one time cdc study from six years ago and as we ALL should know by now studies can be changed to fit almost ANY situation based on who took the study.

Why do you choose American Pit Bulls? Why not a Labrador? Why not a Wolfhound, or a Pekinese, or a Miniature Dachshund?-

Already answered it.

Because, there are certain characteristics that you think are cool in an APB, right-

Cool? I don't like how you are tyring to use that term. I choose a certain breed of dog based on how best they fit with me and my familys personality and if the enviroment fits the ability to raise them in a proper fashion.

So why, as at least an anecdotal expert, don't you see that there may be negative characteristics too?-

Talk about blinders man. I never said in any of these posts that this breed of dog can not have a negative characteristic. It takes a specific kind of responsible ower to have this breed as a pet due to certain aspects of its nature.

I could go into detailed specifics on what and why but really there is no point on this forum. Retards will be retards and those that get it will get it.

Plus, there are such things as bad people, so why don't you accept that there are such things as bad dogs, and by your own admission, since dogs have different characteristics, why can't some these be bad for your favoured breed?-

Never said there were not bad dogs in every bunch. If you look I write that some dogs can be born off and should be culled. For the love of money learn to read man.

Mr. Punch,

Dude that post of yours was way skewed. Read what I write.

First off, I have real world working and living experiance with these dog, not a one time cdc study from six years ago and as we ALL should know by now studies can be changed to fit almost ANY situation based on who took the study.

He read exactly what you wrote, and here you just made the same error of dismissing hard data in favor of your own personal anecdotes. Studies can be changed to fit any situation, eh? Its even easier to make "no, no, take my word for it!" to fit any situation.

Give logic a chance, son.

Hard data?

It's called a skewed 6 year old study. By the way, talking about the concept of logic on KFO is like saying ABBA is going to make a world come back tour.

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Art...dataskewed.pdf

Hard data?

It's called a skewed 6 year old study.

Oh I see, its "skewed" because you would prefer we simply take your personal stories as a more reliable source.

Makes lots of sense, champ................

Kee-rist the level of dil-doeism on here is certainly not bush-league.

Oh I see, its "skewed" because you would prefer we simply take your personal stories as a more reliable source.-

Thats your problem unko. I don't care if anyone takes my personal experiances as a reliable source and I never stated for anyone to take them as a more reliable source.

I think the pdf speaks pretty clear on the subject.

Thats your problem unko. I don't care if anyone takes my personal experiances as a reliable source .

That works out well, because they are not. And the article you linked to doesn't dispute the findings of the report but merely questions the causes of the facts reported in said report.

The fact is that certain breeds are more likely to be involved in fatal attacks on humans. Going out of your way to own such breeds is irresponsible and contributes to the problem.

The fact is that certain breeds are more likely to be involved in fatal attacks on humans. Going out of your way to own such breeds is irresponsible and contributes to the problem.-

That is a pile of crap if I ever heard one. You remind me of the type of person who blames guns on gun violence and not the actual shooter with that kind of stupid statement. Owning a certain breed is not irresponsible at all. But being a bad pet owner is.

Your uneducated in the first person. Get out of your apartment and go get involved with these animals, so you can be informed in what you are actually cackling about, as its obvious you are not.

If you read the old study it shows pit-bull type dogs. What does that mean? What contributes to a pit bull type dog and who makes that decision.

I will tell you who does. Basically the media outlet that reports it.

Newfoundlands can do damage, Bro. Betcha dollars to donuts that if he ever bites, he will magically turn into a pit bull.-

That above line states what I mean in perfect terms.

Somehow I can't believe you're all arguing this. There's what, 20 people killed a year from dog attacks in the U.S. while almost 50,000 die from car accidents.

You'd be better arguing what type of car causes the most fatal accidents than what kind of dog.

Quote Originally Posted by unkokusai View Post
    The fact is that certain breeds are more likely to be involved in fatal attacks on humans. Going out of your way to own such breeds is irresponsible and contributes to the problem.
    I disagree. I will never own another breed except an American Bulldog. AB's are basically 100 pound pits that are more man aggresive. Does that make me irresponsible even though I have been consistently complimented on how well behaved my dog was and how good it was with kids? Or was I being RESPONSIBLE by making sure I understood what kind of dog I had, how it thought, and how it needed to be trained?

You can't drive a car without a license, but you can get a dog with no idea on how to raise/train/keep the thing.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

AB's are awesome. My neighbor has one, and that will likely be my next dog.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    AB's are awesome. My neighbor has one, and that will likely be my next dog.
    Is it a totally different dog around kids than around adults? That's how my Rosie was. Strange kids could walk right up to her and basically abuse her and she loved it. She was very guarded around adults even if she knew them for a while.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon