Jan. 6, 2019, 3:35 p.m.
FASHION
By TRACY BROWN
Yes, Michelle Yeoh wore the ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ ring to the Golden Globes

Michelle Yeoh on the Golden Globes' red carpet. (Jen Yamato / Los Angeles Times)

Michelle Yeoh had fans seeing green on Sunday’s red carpet for the Golden Globes. The actress wore her now-famous “Crazy Rich Asians” engagement ring to the 76th annual ceremony.

Part of Yeoh’s personal collection, the emerald-and-diamond ring played a pivotal role in the Golden Globe-nominated rom-com where it was introduced as Eleanor’s (Yeoh) engagement ring.

Yeoh previously told The Times that she planned to wear the accessory because “the ring is so much a character in the film.”

The ring symbolized Eleanor’s acceptance of her son’s American-born girlfriend (Rachel Chu, played by Constance Wu).

Yeoh also previously revealed that she had purchased the ring as a gift for herself. “I don’t wait for people to send me flowers. If I want them, I’m going to send them to myself,” she said.

“Crazy Rich Asians” has two Golden Globe nominations going into Sunday’s ceremony. The film is competing in the category of best musical or comedy picture, and Wu is a nominee for actress in a musical or comedy picture.

THREADS
Michelle Yeoh
Crazy Rich Asians
The Golden Globes