Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: At least 32 Dead at Virginia Tech

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    Not newsworthy? Maybe I'm just upset because I'm a college kid in Virginia who knew A LOT of people who went to V. Tech. but how is this not news worthy? These were young people in school. We would like to hope that our schools are safe. Yes, many people die everyday, but when blood is spilled on our own soil, on such a massive scale, and it's young people? Yeah, it's worthy of news.

My heart goes out to the young children the world over who die each day from poor nutrition and disease, but this too is important.
    Whatever ... today over 100 people in the U.S. died in car accidents. And tomorrow another 100. And the next day another 100.

Yet, they are making a stink about 28 people dying in VA.

100 people dying a day seems a lot more important.

See my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    See my previous post.
    Bottom line is who the heck cares? It's hard to care about 28 people dying when people in Iraq are dying like mad and nobody does anything about it.

When too many people are breeding and 18,000 children a day are dying of malnutrition and disease.

When over a hundred are dying every day from car accidents in the U.S. alone and nobody does anything about it.

When the entire species is populating like crazy and destroying the environment, so that the entire species will probably die out in a few hundred years or less.

28 people are basically nothing compared to those problems.

YET, YET, you are so freaked out about these 28 people ... which is really stupid.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 04-16-2007 at 02:53 PM.

cold blooded murder is different than an accidental automobile wreck resulting in death.

even children can comprehend this. its quite basic really.

of course, no one blames Neil for having the capasity of understanding up to par with that of a small child....

i would mourn for the loss of a loved one the same were it a car wreck or fatal shooting out of the blue.

but my reaction to the cause of death would differ greatly.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt View Post

When over a hundred are dying every day from car accidents in the U.S. alone and nobody does anything about it.

speak for yourself, im all man power. i dont own one mechanical motion device (other than my bike) and i dont plan to.

i do my part.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

I wonder if Cheney will try and blame this on Saddam some how.

In any case I understand it was an Asian guy so I'm sure that will fuel the immigration fire with these conservative nuts. God help us all if he had been a Mexican.

Anyway the conservatives should be happy this guy got his 2nd amendant rights!

Why do so many people have to make this about politics? Where's the respect for the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I wonder if Cheney will try and blame this on Saddam some how.

In any case I understand it was an Asian guy so I'm sure that will fuel the immigration fire with these conservative nuts. God help us all if he had been a Mexican.

Anyway the conservatives should be happy this guy got his 2nd amendant rights!
    Can you imagine if it had been a white male? It would have been pinned on the conservatives by the lunatic left.
    Last edited by specialed; 04-16-2007 at 03:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Really? That's real Kung Fu?
    If so, I take back every negative thing I ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Specialed you do have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan View Post
    cold blooded murder is different than an accidental automobile wreck resulting in death.

even children can comprehend this. its quite basic really.

of course, no one blames Neil for having the capasity of understanding up to par with that of a small child....

i would mourn for the loss of a loved one the same were it a car wreck or fatal shooting out of the blue.

but my reaction to the cause of death would differ greatly.
    Yeah, 33 people dying of murder is SO MUCH WORSE than 18,000 kids dying every day because of malnutrition and disease.

???

Bottom line is if you think that's the understanding of a small child, then your understanding isn't even worth an amoeba, is it?

Yeah, 33 people dying of murder is SO MUCH WORSE than 18,000 kids dying every day because of malnutrition and disease.

???

Bottom line is if you think that's the understanding of a small child, then your understanding isn't even worth an amoeba, is it?

You know I'm sure everyone understands what you're saying, It's just the manner in which you're saying it that's a problem. To say that the lives of 32 people is nothing, is a bit senseless. Those 32 lives will effect many other lives in family and friends. Yes many people die in car crashes everyday, so does many of malnutrition and other factors. One life is too much to lose, so to say that 32 dying do to murder means less than another is just silly.

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

dude.

i never said that.

there are MANY places and people dedicated to those starving children.

i sponsor a family myself.

those places have thier outlets, but you get your panties in a bunch when people want to recognize this AS WELL!

see the as well.

that means IN ADDITION to the recognition that car crashes/ mal nurished children/ hurricane victims / etc.

and yes, i stand by my point, its an understanding that a small child can and does exersize.

you simply want to make yourself the extremist on this forum and put as much salt in the wound as you can.

so Neil, is it past your ability to understand my point here?

that this event is due attention as well as any other.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

This is a sad thing.

One cannot employ relativism here for the sake of it. It will be politicized of course, but at this point, better to just recognize.

RIP to all who died in this. Not a good day at all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Whatever ... meantime over 40,000 people a year die in car wrecks in the U.S. and something like 2 million around the world. That's over 100 a day in the U.S. and over 5000 a day around the world.

This isn't really newsworthy.

What the f@*% is your problem man? Innocent peoples' lives were taken for no reason (not that there ever really is a legitimate reason in these things). That alone is worthy of our readership and discussion.

I could go on, but I won't for fear of actually drop-kicking some sense into that Neanderthal mentality of yours.

They deserve our respect, the families deserve our condolences and our wishes that those who lost their lives may hopefully RIP.

TuG.
    Last edited by tug; 04-16-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Syntax
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Quote Originally Posted by tug View Post
    What the f@*% is your problem man? Innocent peoples' lives were taken for no reason (not that there ever really is a legitimate reason in these things). That alone is worthy of our readership and discussion.

I could go on, but I won't for fear of actually drop-kicking some sense into that Neanderthal mentality of yours.

They deserve our respect, the families deserve our condolences and our wishes that those who lost their lives may hopefully RIP.

TuG.
    They don't deserve crap.

What I'm pointing out here is that CNN has a HUGE spread about this tragedy.

Okay, and then they have ONE LINE, about the 18,000 children who die every day in Africa of starvation and disease.

ONE FRICKING LINE about 18,000 KIDS DYING EVERY DAY yet all anybody is talking about is these people in VA.

Well, I'm sorry, but that shows an extreme lack of priorities.

You have to understand that news right here at home, is going to get a lot more press than news on the other side of the world?!?! You also have to know that news is a business more than it is a source of what's going on in the world...

If that's your problem/beef, then blame the media, but don't say that 32 people losing their lives is nothing or meaningless compared to others dying across the world! I'm sure if any of those 32 were your family you wouldn't be saying their deaths were not important or news worthy!

jeff
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)