Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mexican invasion

true immigrants vs. foreign invaders

The differences between the waves of illeagal foreign invaders dashing across our borders and the true immigrants who built this country are:

A) A desire to legally become a citizen of the USA

B) The understanding and intention of "melting" into US culture and society. That includes but is not limited to learning to be fluent in the English language

C) Handouts. No immigrant came here expecting handouts such as free healthcare, free schooling, and a governement that would bend over backwards to spoon feed them everything in thier own language and without effort on thier part.

Also, I thoroughly agree with the poster who asks "Why is this being discussed here?". This is a kung fu forum. Its been taken over by wacko's like RD, arrogant self promoters like lkfmdc, and people with no vested interest in Chinese martial arts a.k.a. the MMA crowd. Shame on the administration and moderators of this forum for letting it turn into the cesspool of all martial arts forums!
    Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Really? That's real Kung Fu?
    If so, I take back every negative thing I ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Specialed you do have a point there.

Also, I thoroughly agree with the poster who asks "Why is this being discussed here?". This is a kung fu forum. Its been taken over by wacko's like RD, arrogant self promoters like lkfmdc, and people with no vested interest in Chinese martial arts a.k.a. the MMA crowd. Shame on the administration and moderators of this forum for letting it turn into the cesspool of all martial arts forums!

Reply]
    This is much more than just a Kung Fu forum. It's a community. Many of us are old timers here and have been debating things with eachother for many years now. Sometimes discussing something besides the same old martial arts topics is a welcome break. Especially for many of the old timers here because we have already had just about every possible Kung Fu/Martial arts discussion possible...many, many times over.

I had thought to go to other forums, but to be honest the people I like to argue with and have been debating with for years now, are all here. It's like a general meeting ground.

I think we can leave the Kung Fu talk to the younger guys who have not seen it all adnauseum time and time again.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 12-06-2007 at 03:54 PM.

Personally, I enjoy the range of topics discussed on this section of the forum.

Edit: This is the only forum I go to on a daily basis to read on.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post

I completely agree.

This iis the only forum I fairly regularly check. Same reason as RD.

It's more like hanging out a the pub after practice than the wannabee land of most forums.
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

It should be prefectly fine to discuss unrelated topics to MA with the people we discuss MA about, why should bother all moving to another seperate forum to do so?

Anyways, I believe that America is moving further and further away from what is was founded on. I don't even think their anything it was truly founded on except for the belief that all our equal, but with such broad idealism comes alot of tongue in cheeck speeches. What I think most Americans need to learn is that there is no such thing as abo****es. No one rule can be put in place, and followed concretely, and still be ruled fair. The thing we are sturggling with right now is to learn how to balance the view of absolutism, and dynamic rule. Making our borders tighter I think will do nothing but hurt our foreign policy. That like saying "We're the land of the free, and opportunity, and we accept anyone....as long as you apply to a certain set of conditions." Who's to say an illegal mexican is any worse than an illegal canadian? And I have to say alot of these illegal mexicans aren't so much worse than alot of the americans already residing here. Most of the ones I've met (lots and lots living in Texas) have been really humble, and nice, not wanting to cause any conflict, just wanting to have a chance at surviving at a more possible level, seems like most of the trouble is the youth "gangabangers" who are looking to prove a point. The stereotypical immigrant isn't looking to cause a ruckus, why would they, at the chance of being deported? Plus they're taking petty jobs that either teenagers, or unnoticed illegal immigrants took before them. we've always had an illegal-immigrant market so to say, and the mexico borders been bypassed for so long (alot of my hispanic family friends are illegal, or sons and daughters of), the people claiming that they're taking our jobs must either be near going on wellfare, or preffer mowing lawns over working for corporations.
    The fence is dumb and not going to make a difference besides killing more mexicans who are taking more dangerous routes now to sneak in. We shouldn't be focusing on making it HARDER to sneak in, but EASIER to legally come in.

My only problem with alot of the illegal hispanics is that at alot of the rallies they show their pride for mexico and wave around those flags and talk about their pride for their originating nation, but why would you be holding a pride rally for the country you came from when you're fighting so hard to be in the country you're currently residing in? This isn't much of a problem though as alot of those types of rallies were mostly angered youth.

www.kungnation.com

controlling our borders is simply what every country seeks to do. it is idiocy not to.
    www.kungnation.com

Except that the US is unique in that it claims to offer opportunity for all people. If we didn't want to have so much trouble with our borders, they shouldn't have made the US seem like such a great place to live, whenever one of our neighbors citizens are looking for something just like that.

Ittokaos: Pak Mei Forever! BTW, Albuquerque, New Mexico born and bread.

Drake: Yea, the Aztecks and Incas were south of Texas, but their blood is working in the sweatshops in Chicago and flogging t-shirts on the streets of NY. Whatever, my point is one century's victor is another century's vanquished. Force of arms may not be just but it is the reality of why lands and cultures change.

How many McDonalds are there in Germany these days? Can you still get a rindswurst at the Schnell Imbiss trailer rolled up outside the Kaserne? Komrade speaks English pretty good these days, nicht wahr?

Economics and globalisation.

This is the tragedy of the American working class, or what's left of it.

The corporations bend over and drop trousers for the chinese on the promise of selling a billion packs of Jucy fruit or coca cola, and trade away your jobs in the bargain.

Anybody that doesn't understand that Walmart is the Chinese Embassy needs to check the labels on the merchandis.

The Chinese could compete when it was peasant labour, but China is a millionaires factory right now, and there is a serious middle class emerging that won't go back to the old ways. Thousands of new cars hit the road everyday in Bejing, as do all the other consumer durables that are hallmarks of a modern economy. They will not go back, that is the human condition.

So, just like oil, the US if financing its own demise in a consumption frenzy, mesmerised by the chant "we are the best and strongest in the whole world, la la la..."

Merry made the point: "The SEIU (service workers union) could, conceivably, be the wave of labor future in the united states. Well, illegal immigrants can't unionize effectively. They can't talk back. They can't protest with impact. If they try, they can be fired with impugnity and possibly deported, and there's always another to take their place. Systemically speaking, they run a greater risk of being treated poorly than any other subgroup of individuals in the country"

Yes, illeagals can't unionise or negotiate, THATS WHY THEY ARE ALLOWED TO WORK!

So, cheap stuff from China, Cheap Labour from Mexico, and cheap cars from Detroit with a massive oil habit. The evil trinity that dooms most middle and lower middle class Americans.

Sure, the US Economy is strong. GM and Ford can't sell their overpriced SUV's enough to make a profit, so they are buying up foreign manufactures and re-branding in the States, flogging Korean, Japanese and European rigs that the public really want. It won't be long before those great names in American industry are no more than venture capitalists. And that's just one example.

OLD Tiger is right, there is a selling out of America, and its tragic. But as long as the spin doctors can keep you preoccupied with populist issues, fear and inflated self images, they'll have their way, and you'll get the leftovers.

OK, now tell me that even the poor in America are doing fine, they have a TV.....

The issue is not illeagals, the issue is the people that employ them, and no, not the guy who hires one to cut his lawn, but the Landscaping company that hires 20 to service 250 homes in your neighborhood. Or the home builder that has 15 crews out building sub-divisions.

Peace y'all - not taking a swing at America, always hoping for the best. Knowledge is power.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Ittokaos: Pak Mei Forever! BTW, Albuquerque, New Mexico born and bread.

My Bad. I saw the link and just assumed.

So now we're talking economics? Cool, that allows me to use a good example. We have pages upon pages of how illegal immigration is tanking the economy, which I disagree with. I think the overall impact is small either ways compared to things like this brainstorm mortgage bail out that was approved to day. Now there's a situation that is going to have long term negative effects on the economy, IMO, but no one's even mentioning that. Everyone's too focused on the straw man, and important **** is slipping right past us. In that sense, I think the immigration debate has had the effect the Bush administration wanted.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

I doubt it. The Bush admin is pro illegal immigration. Much of the current outcry is a by product of both the democrats and the republicans effectively selling the country out to corporatist interests tyat want cheap labor.
    www.kungnation.com

Today's bailout is the the result of fear over what the trigger was for the great depression - not the market crash, but housing devaluation, and the resulting effect on the economy (combined with protectionist policies around the globe and at home.)

The fed decided to restrict the monetary supply. The end result was ne of the greatest wealth transfers in human history - from citizens to the banks that own the fed. This was prolonged by FDR's foolish new deal policies that prolonged the depression.

I'll be curious to see if the long term effects of this bail out are a net positive or net negative.
    www.kungnation.com

Quote Originally Posted by ittokaos View Post
    My Bad. I saw the link and just assumed.
    I'm a dual-national. Just wanted to let you know not all Aussies are as enlightened as I am...

(or bloody minded, for that matter)
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia