Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cop in coma from RNC

Quote Originally Posted by ??? View Post

Becca's personal anecdotes are just wasted on someone who's just here to cause some waves. We appreciate (at least I do) that she would tell us, strangers on an internet forum, details about her personal life. And I hope that you don't take anything that was said in response personally. Like I said before, it's just not worth it.
    I don't know about my comments being wasted. Once you realize he's one of those people who are inflamitory by nature and stop letting him rile you, Uki is actually pretty easy to have a meaningful, or at least as meaningful as any internet chat, conversation with. And I posted my situation here because what they say about talking to strangers is true; it helps to tell someone and telling the people I know face-to-face usually nets me advice that I should just give up on helping my dad out. And I have no intentions of doing that, so.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Quote Originally Posted by Becca View Post
    I don't know about my comments being wasted.
    nothing is ever wasted unless you think it is wasted... obviously the other guy's feel like they waste their energy with me... guess that means they wasted their time, sucks for them.
    Once you realize he's one of those people who are inflamitory by nature and stop letting him rile you, Uki is actually pretty easy to have a meaningful, or at least as meaningful as any internet chat, conversation with
    whoa, you catch on quick.

as a kid i was that 9 year-old deaf kid with asthma throwing rocks at the hornets nest.

funny about the rile comment... my sons middle name is pro nounced rile, but i spelt it riil.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    college is for people who cannot think on their own, besides graduating with a debt that will take half my life to pay off isn't quite my idea of the american dream. besides i graduated HS...
    College is where you go to develop the tools to think on your own with clarity and lucidity.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

College is where you go to develop the tools to think on your own with clarity and lucidity.
    ROFLMFAO!!! Oh i beg to differ on that little comment. College is the 2nd Highschool,only this time the social pressures are even WORSE and you have to PAY to go and they DONT CARE if you show up or not.
    Trade and Technical is where it is at these days, better job placement, better money,better security for your future,ALTHOUGH, i will say that i wished i had the rich parents to put me through a second high school phase. i prolly wouldve had major fun,and studied to become an archeologist or something(love ancient history), got out and been standing there wondering what the fuk i just did for 5 years.

On the subject of Elderly Care. My Mother is an O.T. and works at a couple of nursing homes "Geezer mining" she calls her particular brand of work(which is rehabilitation) Its appauling that this country is so fixated on throwing their elders into these "luxury hospice purgatory prisons" until they die. Most other cultures inlcuding the ones just south of us keep their elders at home and care for them until they decided their mission on the planet is finished. Its tough i know because we live in a overworked society that doesnt have much time to do anything much less care for an elder. SO i have a great deal of respect for Becca and others who care for their elders.

As for Uki being a Troll? I dont think so. I like him actually, but he is a bit of a pr!ckly pear cactus

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    As for Uki being a Troll? I dont think so.
    all this troll stuff is making me giggle... while being a street juggler in europe, most of the time i slept in parks, train cars, and under alot of bridges... i always felt like a troll. since it is the olympic year, one particual bridge i stayed under was on the road through olympia, greece, just outside the entrance to the first olympic stadium... my friend and i walked and hitch-hiked from patras to athen via the road thru olympia... thank goodness the orange trees were ripe, because thats all we ate aside from bread during that stint through the greek sticks and olive fields.
    I like him actually, but he is a bit of a pr!ckly pear cactus.
    actually i was thinking more along the lines of the peyote cactus.

Defense

There are two key's to resisting the rear naked choke:

1) control the arm choking you (typically the right arm):
    Most people being choked try to grab the opponent's right elbow. That usually fails to stop the choke.

Grab the right WRIST, or at least wedge a hand or finger between your neck and his arm.

2) remove the hand used to stabilize your head (typically the left hand).

Try to dislodge your attacker's left hand from your head. Do this by grabbing his left hand fingers with your fist, or push his left wrist off your head if he has a closed hand.

Both those maneuvers are ILLEGAL in MMA competition, which is why landing a rear naked choke usually means instant defeat in MMA tournament judging.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    There are two key's to resisting the rear naked choke:

1) control the arm choking you (typically the right arm):
    Most people being choked try to grab the opponent's right elbow. That usually fails to stop the choke.

Grab the right WRIST, or at least wedge a hand or finger between your neck and his arm.

2) remove the hand used to stabilize your head (typically the left hand).

Try to dislodge your attacker's left hand from your head. Do this by grabbing his left hand fingers with your fist, or push his left wrist off your head if he has a closed hand.

Both those maneuvers are ILLEGAL in MMA competition, which is why landing a rear naked choke usually means instant defeat in MMA tournament judging.
    Grabbing the wrist is not illegal. Grabbing the gloves is.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The referee will still deduct points from you for grabbing at a glove.

At the least, he'll give you a warning in the ring before he notifies the judges on the next infraction.

In the end, it doesn't matter.

There really is no referee-sanctioned way to defend against a rear naked choke inside the MMA ring, but there are LOTS OF WAYS to defend against a rear naked choke in reality combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Huang View Post
    There really is no referee-sanctioned way to defend against a rear naked choke inside the MMA ring, but there are LOTS OF WAYS to defend against a rear naked choke in reality combat.
    And yet we see failed RNC attempts all the time. Surely they wern't all "improperly applied." I bet most were effectivly defended.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Locked In

To me, a "rear naked choke" implies that the person being choked is having his airflow cut of by an opponent who has him in a choking position.

ATTEMPTS at rear naked chokes can easily be defended in the ring. But once the choke is landed and pressure applied, that's when it's virtually impossible to escape. And even if the defender escapes, the judges will award significant points to the choker. Either way, it's a losing proposition.

The officer in question was choked to the point of nearly death. Had he been trained in nonMMA ways to break the rear naked choke, he would be in better health today.

To me, the semantic details of what happens within the rules of a MMA ring have absolutely no bearing on reality combat.

its always fun to come back and look at this forum. its still the internet's largest haven for tards. uki, congrats. you win the tard of the week award, which is only outdone by the willow sword who wins tard of the century. but thanks kids, i'll look back in a few weeks for some more laughs.
    Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    Really? That's real Kung Fu?
    If so, I take back every negative thing I ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Specialed you do have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by specialed View Post
    its always fun to come back and look at this forum. its still the internet's largest haven for tards.
    well now we see why you stop in.
    uki, congrats. you win the tard of the week award, which is only outdone by the willow sword who wins tard of the century.
    wow. i got alot of these types and kinds of awards. thanks.
    but thanks kids, i'll look back in a few weeks for some more laughs.
    it takes that long to construct a sentence or two?
    Last edited by uki; 08-19-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Special ed is one of those floating trolls that likes to pop in every once in a while.
    He is a nobody,in fact i would bet real money that specialed is an alter ego of one of the other douchewads here on the forum. you KNOW who you are. LOL!!!
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 08-19-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword View Post
    Special ed is one of those floating trolls that likes to pop in every once in a while.
    trust me, his handle gave alot away.

Actually a nice little IP trace would reveal who it is. But i dont need to do that, i already KNOW who it is. anywhoo.

Peace,TWS