Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tsai shaolin chuan fa??

tsai shaolin chuan fa??

does ne 1 know this lineage out of chicago. i have trained with themfor four years
    and love it, just wanna know if they have any haters??????the grandmaster is john'chi yuan tsai' and the chicago school is now headed by his son master johnny tsai. so hit me up

I trained there for 8 or 9 months back in the early 90's

I think all of the teachers I knew have moved on though. Sifu Gia for instance is running a school in Plainfield called "Super Kicks" off of Canton Farm rd.

The system is fairy sound, and I don't have anything but good to say. I am not exactly sure what it is they teach though, or why they call it Shaolin. I think it is thier own collection of things Master Tsai knows and has elements of different systems mixed in.

Johnny Tsai posts here from time to time,I am sure he could explain better than me. especially since it's been over a decade since I trained with them.

One really good thing I can say is that when I was in, they really conditioned us well. I was in the best shape of my life back then.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post

I think all of the teachers I knew have moved on though. Sifu Gia for instance is running a school in Plainfield called "Super Kicks" off of Canton Farm rd.

The system is fairy sound, and I don't have anything but good to say. I am not exactly sure what it is they teach though, or why they call it Shaolin. I think it is thier own collection of things Master Tsai knows and has elements of different systems mixed in.

Johnny Tsai posts here from time to time,I am sure he could explain better than me. especially since it's been over a decade since I trained with them.

One really good thing I can say is that when I was in, they really conditioned us well. I was in the best shape of my life back then.
    thats so funny superkicks is where i train with sifu gia and her husband sifu charles. sifu charles does a lot for kungfu in the mma circuit he is the 145 champion here in the chi.do you livew near by cuz you knew about caton farm rd??!

Talking

oh and it is shaolin 5 animals with plum flower that he has brought together for his style TSAI CHUAN FA.

Quote Originally Posted by irontiger1981 View Post
    does ne 1 know this lineage out of chicago. i have trained with themfor four years
    and love it, just wanna know if they have any haters??????the grandmaster is john'chi yuan tsai' and the chicago school is now headed by his son master johnny tsai. so hit me up
    Hello! I am a kung fu cousin of yours. My sifu, Jeff Organ, lived with and trained with Grandmaster Tsai and his two sons for many years. Is Kenny Tsai teaching anywhere these days? My class used to perform in the July Chinatown festival demo that he mc'd.

I still practice my kung fu but am focusing more on tai chi.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I was in Super Kicks about 8-9 months ago. I was going to sign up an take lessons, but I ended up training in an underground group run by a friend of mine.

Sifu Gia was my instructor back in the early 90's at Master Tsai's school on Irving park rd by the Harlem Irving Plaza.

When I heard she had a school in Plainfield I decided it may be a good place to train, so I went in for a visit.

You guys have a large school. How many students do you have?

[EDIT]
    What kind of Five Animals is it?

Talking

I was in Super Kicks about 8-9 months ago. I was going to sign up an take lessons, but I ended up training in an underground group run by a friend of mine.

Sifu Gia was my instructor back in the early 90's at Master Tsai's school on Irving park rd by the Harlem Irving Plaza.

When I heard she had a school in Plainfield I decided it may be a good place to train, so I went in for a visit.

You guys have a large school. How many students do you have?

[EDIT]
    What kind of Five Animals is it?
    our five animals are your typical dragon,tiger,snake,crane,panther. but we also have some monkey drunken fist , the curriculim is really vast we have a lot plum flower stances. the animals dont come until higher ranks like im now on a form called jade tiger. but yeah sifu charles and master gia are awesome. nby the way they both compete for the world combat league {chuck norris } and do very good you can catch them sometimes on versus. sifu charles knoked some dude out with a spinning side kick to the liver it was the bomb.com. hes real close to putting kung fu on the map for mma

We should probably get together sometime, seeing as how we are so close.

I may be free Saturday afternoon, after my class. I will be passing only a few blocks from Super Kicks on my way home.

Talking

We should probably get together sometime, seeing as how we are so close.

I may be free Saturday afternoon, after my class. I will be passing only a few blocks from Super Kicks on my way home.
    i would be honored but the problem is i dont get off work till 4 and i have a wedding to go to. if you want im off on sundays. hey im always lookin for a kung fu buddy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Hello! I am a kung fu cousin of yours. My sifu, Jeff Organ, lived with and trained with Grandmaster Tsai and his two sons for many years. Is Kenny Tsai teaching anywhere these days? My class used to perform in the July Chinatown festival demo that he mc'd.

I still practice my kung fu but am focusing more on tai chi.
    hello cousin, and yes sifu tsai is still teaching

hello cousin, and yes sifu tsai is still teaching
    hmmm...I know that sifu Johnny is teaching, just wondering where sifu kenny is teaching.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

i would be honored but the problem is i dont get off work till 4 and i have a wedding to go to. if you want im off on sundays. hey im always lookin for a kung fu buddy
    Reply]
    My daughter will be home Sunday. Maybe some time in the middle of the week?

When do you train?

Reply]
    My daughter will be home Sunday. Maybe some time in the middle of the week?

When do you train?
    monday,wed,thurs

I will have to check my schedule.
    thats cool just let me know, i live in morris if your a kung fu fanatic like me ill chill or watch a movie with ya anytime.