Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Jiu-Jitsu is more important than Kung Fu

Most of the guys I applied this on are decorated wrestlers who train at Team Endgame in Lodi , NJ

I am not here to hide behind avatars I thought we were here to share our personal knowledge and experience .

By the way Knife Fighter if you love wrestling so much then go bash TCMA on the wrestling forums.

Yes I like MMA but TCMA is what I love and it is who I am. Don't like it SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Didn't Anthony admit he was rocked a few times?
    Being rocked and being defeated are two different things.

Do you admit the Sifu showed zero Kung-Fu technique?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Monk View Post
    I did not mean to offend anyone with my post it is simply my experience in dancing around and practicing my theoretical non-fighting forms in the air against my imagined opponents.
    Fixed for accuracy.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Wild Monk, don't worry about it.
    There are more waving di(ks here than a West Village Bathouse,
    more azoles than a proctologist's convention,
    and way more special kids than the short bus can carry.
    Welcome to the forum.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Being rocked and being defeated are two different things.

Do you admit the Sifu showed zero Kung-Fu technique?
    I don't have much experience, any really, in Rudy's Monkey Kung fu so I don't know what it is suppose to look like.
    If it is based on circular strikes and such, then I would say that he did.
    One man's haymaker is another man's Chop Choi, or whatever its called.

He did control the striking and stand up part, even if he wasn't able to put Anthony away.
    Small consolation, yes, by true nevertheless.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Not to mention the myraid of kung fu guys who are always kicking a$$ against multiple opponents with weapons... but somehow there seems to be a surprising lack of actual hard, substantiation of them doing something as simple and easy as using it against one unarmed person.

Most of the guys I applied this on are decorated wrestlers who train at Team Endgame in Lodi , NJ
    Well, that should be easy to substantiate then. Simply record part of your next session with them and post it on YouTube. Simple and easy... but of course we know you can't really record and post things that are only going on in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    Thanks Ten Tigers ,
    I try not to take these things to heart , its just crazy how people don't respect the laws of physics when it comes to Kung Fu or even walking up the stairs for that matter I mean Jiu Jitsu is cool I look at like Kung Fu off your back. I just said its not good enough when there is more than one person. which if you ask any inner city police officer happens often.

people like KF are the kind of guys who get owned by two 16 year olds while trying to walk through a place like jersey city or downtown newark, NJ I did say walk not drive through

Thanks Ten Tigers ,
    I try not to take these things to heart , its just crazy how people don't respect the laws of physics when it comes to Kung Fu or even walking up the stairs for that matter I mean Jiu Jitsu is cool I look at like Kung Fu off your back. I just said its not good enough when there is more than one person. which if you ask any inner city police officer happens often.

people like KF are the kind of guys who get owned by two 16 year olds while trying to walk through a place like jersey city or downtown newark, NJ I did say walk not drive through
    You know, just like I am sure you didn't care for KF assumption of you, its silly to make one of him, especially since you don't know anything about him.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Talking

you should come and try it with me. Unfortunately I do not own a digital camera and do not own a computer if you must know I post while I take my certification classes to further explore my career and I do not own a pc actually because my evenings are spent training and teaching TCMA to inner city kids who can not afford it. and the rest of my time working a part time gig to afford my rent and yes my $50 a month for MMA. But I am sorry people like you believe everyone on here is full of ***t

The point of my original thread was really to get people thinking about the return on the time invested in training to relation to goals.

I never imagined a martial artists would have any other goal above honing his technique to the highest degree possible. The discipline, inner peace, etc., come with that. Culture. Side benefits. I'm getting a unique cultural experience training BJJ in Puerto Rico. I would assume someone would get it training wrestling in Scotland. It should be an authentic byproduct, not fashionably adorned from the get go.

Anyway, my point was that perhaps learning jiu-jitsu, right now, at this point in martial history, would be more valuable than say, learning Wing Chun. Being that one could obtain equal or better hands from a variety of sources, where as it could be argued that grounds skills can too. But I believe BJJ has proven outstanding in this area. Where as, say, Wing Chun and other Kung Fu styles, have yet to prove superiority or even equality.

This was a rational topic. Any emotion has been interjected by the insecurity of Kung Fu players.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    A quick trip to your local university wrestling room will immediately show you the problem with your theoretical non-fighting imaginings.
    I learned this from a BJJ purple belt. You catch the shot with an underhook/overhook, then steer them toward the overhook side and into a side mount.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Thanks Ten Tigers ,
    I try not to take these things to heart , its just crazy how people don't respect the laws of physics when it comes to Kung Fu or even walking up the stairs for that matter I mean Jiu Jitsu is cool I look at like Kung Fu off your back.
    Wild Monk,
    Here is your chance to show that you are not completely full of sh!t and have never trained a single minute of Jits:

Please explain the basics of BJJ on the ground and how they are similar and dis-similar.

Sanjuro

Everything here is in writing , I simply gave my opinion and this guy assumes im some troll making stuff up anyone who has a lil bit of understanding in TCMA and stance work will agree the technique I explained of bow & arrow with an underhook is the achilles heel to the double leg takedown.

Will it work for the single leg takedown No it will not . I am sure KF is your buddy but it is childish to assume everyone who joins this forum is some troll.

P.S.
    I dig the samurai

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I learned this from a BJJ purple belt. You catch the shot with an underhook/overhook, then steer them toward the overhook side and into a side mount.
    The technique is not the point.. the actual application is. If you have trained against anyone with halfway decent standing grappling, you know by experience how hard it is to pull this off against a shot.