Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: White Tiger Kung Fu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    I wiil check that out with him.

I am still surprised that you did not discuss WC with him. You could have personally asked him about the ground fighting element in his lineage. I am sure that he would not have minded touching hands with you if you had mentioned that you had trained kung fu. He is also always willing to discuss various techniques,concepts, principles and so on. Why meet someone like that and limit your discussion to stick fighting???

What is DBMA?

Anyway, you say that you had a fifteen minute chat with him that did not concern kung fu and then you came back here making derogatory remarks about him. WHY?
    DBMA is Dog Brother MA, the full contact stick fighters, its brought it up because we were discussing the "stick work" done in his "Spartan MA" and the person Iw as with had seen me do it at Gracie Barra where I trained for a bit.

I do not care for MA role playing of any kind and I don't care much for his "spartan role playing" either.

And this STILL has nothing to do with THIS thread.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

My point being, how much of all of kung fu is simply good movement accompanied with a fantastical tale? Why not embellish? We do with everything else, right? hehehe!
    This make believe stuff was done by people trying to sell their "MA" while doing street performances, the fact that it became "gospel" for some just means that PT Barnum was right.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    DBMA is Dog Brother MA, the full contact stick fighters,

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin
    its brought it up because we were discussing the "stick work" done in his "Spartan MA" and the person Iw as with had seen me do it at Gracie Barra where I trained for a bit.

I do not care for MA role playing of any kind and I don't care much for his "spartan role playing" either.
    Hey some people have lesser hobbies outside of their kung fu training. That is their business.

Trust me that you could have discussed a lot of kung fu with him and you would have found his knowledge and experience refreshing. The fact that you chose not to discuss TCMAs, specially Wing Chun with a sifu of his caliber, specially when one of his seminars was discussed here by others, is very suprising, if not revealing.

And this STILL has nothing to do with THIS thread.
    I know that this is not connected to the subject matter of the thread but I find this supposed event so contradictory.

Yes, I suppose I could have discussed Kung Fu with him, but since there were 3 other people there and ALL were discussing that spartan crap and since I was on my way to Machida's, truth be it told, I didn't bother.
    Besides, from what I gather from YOU, his kung fu is too secret to discuss

And yes, I KNOW about his seminar in the UK...

Dude, you h ave NO CLUE of the caliber of KF sifus I know and have known, you really have NO IDEA.

Yes, I suppose I could have discussed Kung Fu with him, but since there were 3 other people there and ALL were discussing that spartan crap .....
    You should learn to be more assertive, otherwise no one is going to let you get a word in edge ways in life.

BTW, what were you doing there in the first place, if the Spartan event did not interest you?

If you were genuinely interested and had talked to him then I am sure that he would have made time to see you on another day.....

truth be it told, I didn't bother.
    That just about fits in with your MO

Besides, from what I gather from YOU, his kung fu is too secret to discuss
    Not at your level of Wing Chun training. Besides, most of the secret stuff regarding my training refers to Chow Gar. That is not to say that there are not secrets in WC either, but most of them are apparent at the higher levels of practice.

And yes, I KNOW about his seminar in the UK...
    Well from the few people who posted here the reaction was quite good. I believed that they enjoyed his "hands on" approach to demonstrating combat. Actually, one of the attendees pm-ed me asking me when he would next be in the UK. So there!

Dude, you h ave NO CLUE of the caliber of KF sifus I know and have known, you really have NO IDEA.
    The world is full of people who "know" what they refer to as "high caliber" sifus.....LOL.

You are not a kung fu exponent even by a long stretch of the imagination. However, you probably are a good cross training exponent.

By the way, you have no idea of the caliber of physicists and mathematicians that I know, but I am no scientist.

I am just saying that because you missed a great chance to discover a lesser known and rich lineage of wing chun. Sifu would have gladly shown you details of the lineage.

So why did you miss that chance? Because you could "not be bothered"!!! That is why!

Dog Brothers stick fighting was more important. Visiting a Karate/MMA dojo(as good it is, no arguments from me, there!), was more important. You could still have made time and met him another day, yet you didn't.

But you were too ready to come here and badmouth him, WITHOUT HAVING EVEN TOUCHED HANDS WITH HIM!!!!

If you are going to badmouth anyone in the way you did then you should have an idea of their skill, first!!!!

Why do you always act that way????

The fact is that the essence of your training is not Kung Fu, it is MMA! And I say that respectfully.

Sorry to others if I have digressed from the subject matter of this thread.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-20-2010 at 02:50 PM.

craptacular...

Weishenmene?

what is a spartan event and what did sanjuro say about hw8's sifu? I'm just curious since I am a little lost about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpower View Post
    what is a spartan event and what did sanjuro say about hw8's sifu? I'm just curious since I am a little lost about all of this.

no one can say he's not consistent...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Well, okay then...

In the first clip, he goes too fast and loses some of his stances and body shape because of this. I would think that his finger jab phoenix fist combo would have been better seeing as how that is a Bak Mei first (He studied BM right?). He seemingly "marks" a lot of the moves in the form. After about the 55 second mark he stops marking moves and does combos well known to BM other southern arts. From then on it's good. The combo he does just after the 55 second mark, backfist to rib, back fist to neck, tiger tail kick with smashing bridge, couldn't have been done any better by basically anyone. Par for the course at his age in that clip? In his recent clips, where he is in his late 70s, he does bring his shoulders up weirdly. I think this again is from trying to go to fast.

As for the second clip, it looks like an iron body form of some kind done again too fast, and also it's with not enough intent. The character playing the set has good movement in a great deal of the moves, and bad movement in some of them. He needs to work on his kick for sure, as does basically everyone who plays southern styles, seeing as how there are not enough kicks in them. And, well...

My opinion is just barely worth the space of this post that I typed it on, so have what you will...

Critiques? Discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpower View Post
    Suffice to say that he lied! This story goes back a while. It is sometimes unfortunate that when people cannot win an argument through kung fu knowledge and logic, they resort to attacking perceived weaknesses of a fellow forum poster. In my case it was thought that insulting my sifu (and inventing all sorts of stories just to discredit my traditional approach to TCMAs) would work.

Of course, Sanjuro did not insult him when my sifu was standing in front of him.

Taai gihk is right, it is a can of worms...................

Maybe then you two could simply fight, shut the **** up about it, then have a few shots of ****el afterwards???

LMAO, it censors dicckel...............lmfao!!!

Been there, done that in 4 different continents, what have you done?
    Oh right, never mind.
    Again, good luck to you.
    as if he is going to answer you come on now