Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignore faxiapreta

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Is this where we hang our tampons out to dry?
    Only if you intend to reuse them! If you intend to use them as a soup thickener.....that's the other thread over there!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    No it isn't since that is merely a duel and duels are not the only way fights occur!
    Do we suppose to ignore him? He is not going to change his mind no matter how hard that you may have tried.

He will first talk to you in an innocent way. The moment that you response to his comment, he will ask you "Where is your MMA gym fighting clip?"
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 06-21-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Is this where we hang our tampons out to dry?
    How do you know they will dry if you hang them? What i think you should do is go down to your local tampon drying gyms and demonstrate your drying skills then post the video on youtube or you are just a snake oil selling fraud drying magical Tampons.....you will be the laughing stock of the ENTIRE tampon world.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

No it isn't since that is merely a duel and duels are not the only way fights occur!
    And if you can't demonstrate it in the simple confines of a duel, your sure won't be able to demonstrate it in the mess of a full-on chaotic fight.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by faxiapreta View Post
    Of course you could really get my attention, as well as have a productive discussion, by showing that technique working in a live setting.

Of course you can't do that, so you rather spend your time posting it in unrealistic conditions with compliant partners and then whining when someone asks you to provide evidence for it.
    see, you just skim over his posts like the above one, and go on with what you were talking about.
    People just wasted five responses.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

And if you can't demonstrate it in the simple confines of a duel, your sure won't be able to demonstrate it in the mess of a full-on chaotic fight.
    well, Scott has worked in corrections and psych nursing, so if he says he has seen these used in a "real" situation, I'm inclined to take him on his word; and no, probably the people they "worked' on were not skilled, trained, ring fighters, and it may not have even been one-on-ones, so that may explain why they worked; but the fact is that it's still "reality", so in some contexts, they apparently do have merit in certain situations; just because something doesn't work in a single specific context doesn't mean it won't work in any other one; and even if that prison or psych ward situation doesn't have as high of a degree of contextual interference as the ring, it doesn't make it less "real"...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 06-20-2011 at 06:42 PM.

Actually, there's a very easy way. Simply enter a submission grappling tourney and post the vids of those techniques being performed against resisting opponents. Then, you don't have to do the whole "it's done in law enforcement, but there are no videos" excuse.

Problem solved.

Funny how no one ever seems to be able to do this, though.
    I know I have heard this same post before, many times. It is the term,"resisting opponents" that gives you away.
    You know, reading all these posts, I have come to think that there are no more than a dozen, if that many, members of this forum, If a new member or just a visiter comes in they get either a flame out or the same people give them advice or talk with them about whatever it is. I have yet to see the subject that everyone can not talk about. You would have to be a hundred years old and switch kung fu styles 2 or 3 times a day to have even a hint about all that. Not more than a week ago everyone was a fencing expert. And like a bunch of girls the sniping and hair pulling soon starts.
    Racism is a personal thing and everyone has that right. And if you are religious it is your business, and if I am not it is my business. I am not at all religious, but will use it to make money if someone is willing to give it up to me.
    I guess it is the type of people that like martial arts and fighting that spend their time here, and this type of behavior is expected. Everyone here seems to know just about everything except how to behave themselves. Say what you will to me. It does not matter one bit, as we both know you can't whip me.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, Scott has worked in corrections and psych nursing, so if he says he has seen these used in a "real" situation, I'm inclined to take him on his word; and no, probably the people they "worked' on were not skilled, trained, ring fighters, and it may not have even been one-on-ones, so that may explain why they worked; but the fact is that it's still "reality", so in some contexts, they apparently do have merit in certain situations; just because something doesn't work in a single specific context doesn't mean it won't work in any other one; and even if that prison or psych ward situation doesn't have as high of a degree of contextual interference as the ring, it doesn't make it less "real"...
    Will those locks work in a setting where you have 2, 3 or 4 guys controlling someone? Of course they will. You'll get no argument from me there.

However, that's not the way they were demonstrated.

Wildwoo is offline 苦練在最熱的天,夏季和冬季最寒冷的日子 !
    Nope, nothings changed!

I thought you got banned yourself?

Welcome back.....temporarily!!!!
    Friends in low places

Nope, nothings changed!

I thought you got banned yourself?

Welcome back.....temporarily!!!!
    Thank you SRB;
    I was never banned only sadly misunderstood which of course almost never happens to me.
    Three times a charm they say
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 06-21-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by wildwoo View Post
    friends in low places
    你还是你的母亲住在一起lol!
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

All techniques are context dependent. One must know the context and be able to apply the proper technique and strategy based upon the context.

Will those locks work in a setting where you have 2, 3 or 4 guys controlling someone? Of course they will. You'll get no argument from me there.

However, that's not the way they were demonstrated.
    Demonstrated where? You do not appear to have much understanding of context, depth of experience, or knowledge of history.

Brazilian JJ is a derivative of Japanese Jui-jitsu. Jui-Jitsu was devised as a means for a Samurai to defend himself in battle should he lose his weapon. It was meant to be used against single and multiple opponents, against armed and unarmed opponents, under severe, life-threatening circumstances, on various types of terrain.

If it was not effective, the Samurai would not have wasted their time learning it, since it was essential for their survival.

All the Gracies did was adapt the skills to a modern urban context! The principles of the techniques have not changed, only the contextual application.

Context is everything, it you attempt the wrong technique at the wrong time under the wrong circumstances you will lose, as is now becoming very evident with the increasing number of MMAists getting killed trying to stop multiple opponents and/or armed opponents.

This is something I have been cautioning about here on this board for some 10 years now! ALL martial artists, including the new ELITE (in their own minds) MMAists, are prone to thinking they are invulnerable and will come up against reality when they misapply their skills under the wrong context!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Thank you SRB;
    I was never banned only sadly misunderstood which of course almost never happens to me.
    Three times a charm they say
    Ah yes!!! Misunderstood! It is such a hard row you hoe when you are just too wise for your own good. I hope you have learned to speak down to us plebes now so the townspeople will not gather with pitchforks and run you out of town for creating another monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I know I have heard this same post before, many times. It is the term,"resisting opponents" that gives you away.
    You know, reading all these posts, I have come to think that there are no more than a dozen, if that many, members of this forum, If a new member or just a visiter comes in they get either a flame out or the same people give them advice or talk with them about whatever it is. I have yet to see the subject that everyone can not talk about. You would have to be a hundred years old and switch kung fu styles 2 or 3 times a day to have even a hint about all that. Not more than a week ago everyone was a fencing expert. And like a bunch of girls the sniping and hair pulling soon starts.
    Racism is a personal thing and everyone has that right. And if you are religious it is your business, and if I am not it is my business. I am not at all religious, but will use it to make money if someone is willing to give it up to me.
    I guess it is the type of people that like martial arts and fighting that spend their time here, and this type of behavior is expected. Everyone here seems to know just about everything except how to behave themselves. Say what you will to me. It does not matter one bit, as we both know you can't whip me.
    Proper behavior is one of the first things to disappear in an anonymous environment!

How you behave in anonymity is a pretty good measure of your character!

Ah yes!!! Misunderstood! It is such a hard row you hoe when you are just too wise for your own good. I hope you have learned to speak down to us plebes now so the townspeople will not gather with pitchforks and run you out of town for creating another monster!
    Misunderstood yet again

I've posted here many a time sincere seeking conversation with the like minded only to find myself trolled, taunted and baited.

So my

Sincerity has been replaced with my new found operational philosophy lovingly illustrated by one of my favorite authors:

after all a snappy comeback beats internet butthurt any day of the week!
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Misunderstood yet again

I've posted here many a time sincere seeking conversation with the like minded only to find myself trolled, taunted and baited.

So my

Sincerity has been replaced with my new found operational philosophy lovingly illustrated by one of my favorite authors:

after all a snappy comeback beats internet butthurt any day of the week!
    LOL!! One of my own operational philosophies as well!