Thread: Producing Head Trauma

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Anything labeled concussive force trauma would be no different than blunt force trauma, which is the term usually used in the medical field.

In the other thread, the OP was trying to say that there was a difference in terms of how a strike would be delivered when, in actuality, they would be the same thing.

i gotcha. cool.

I wonder why Concussive got attached to trauma? Blunt force makes more sense. both are a result of something being hit by something else right?
    Last edited by Snipsky; 06-25-2011 at 08:10 PM.

Lacerations mean the skin has been broken. The skin is not broken with bruises( contusions). Both can be caused by blunt force trauma.

Lacerations mean the skin has been broken. The skin is not broken with bruises( contusions). Both can be caused by blunt force trauma.
    i see. that answered it. peace.

richard, dont bother. i have compiled alot of evidence over the past few days from independant research that shows blunt force trauma and the body. especially a couple good ones that 100% equate a coconut and the human skull. the human skull is not as hard as everyone seems to think it is. a guy who reads this forum but does not post because of all the jacka$$e$,actualy contacted me and give me some info on coconuts and the skull. one of them even came from that tv show sports science. the rest were medical papers. he is a registered nurse and had a good deal of emergency room work and sees trauma all the time.he said most skullls arent really that thick,only in the very upper front,like where u use to headbutt someone. he backed up what we have known all along. i will send these to you.
    i will leave you with 1 analogy he said the so called "forum expert" doesnt seem to think of. density. drop 3lb of water on your head then drop 3lb of steel shot on your head from exactly the same distance and same speed. which one feels good??
    same thing with a conditioned hand.
    also i just realized the other day,i was taking for granted that all other i.p. practitioners had the same power development exercises we have,like i showed you,so when i discuss iron palm i think they have had the same training as me. but this is not the case. some just hit their hand a few times on a hard medium and think it is iron palm.
    true iron palm consists of many different training facets and skills rolled into 1.
    i will discuss these with you off forum.

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post
    richard, dont bother. i have compiled alot of evidence over the past few days from independant research that shows blunt force trauma and the body. especially a couple good ones that 100% equate a coconut and the human skull. the human skull is not as hard as everyone seems to think it is. a guy who reads this forum but does not post because of all the jacka$$e$,actualy contacted me and give me some info on coconuts and the skull. one of them even came from that tv show sports science. the rest were medical papers. he is a registered nurse and had a good deal of emergency room work and sees trauma all the time.he said most skullls arent really that thick,only in the very upper front,like where u use to headbutt someone. he backed up what we have known all along. i will send these to you.
    i will leave you with 1 analogy he said the so called "forum expert" doesnt seem to think of. density. drop 3lb of water on your head then drop 3lb of steel shot on your head from exactly the same distance and same speed. which one feels good??
    same thing with a conditioned hand.
    also i just realized the other day,i was taking for granted that all other i.p. practitioners had the same power development exercises we have,like i showed you,so when i discuss iron palm i think they have had the same training as me. but this is not the case. some just hit their hand a few times on a hard medium and think it is iron palm.
    true iron palm consists of many different training facets and skills rolled into 1.
    i will discuss these with you off forum.
    Really, then please post the links to the scientific evidence showing the relationship to the skull and a coconut.

That being said, let's assume, for argument's sake, they are the same. It's still ludicrous to think striking downward on a stationary coconut is even close to how you would strike to the skull of a moving, resisting person who is trying to hurt you.

i'll let you find them on your own ,mr. research.
    who said anything about breaking it ,down or even layed on anything.
    as i said earlier my training is different than most.

Quote Originally Posted by teetsao View Post
    i'll let you find them on your own ,mr. research.
    who said anything about breaking it ,down or even layed on anything.
    as i said earlier my training is different than most.
    That's what I figured.