Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Muslims want to build a mosque near your house? No problem, lets go pig racing

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    So those verses "dont count" either.
    Matthew 7:3 - Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

You are a dangerous person who is basically preaching hatred.
    Believe it or not, in Canada, you could be arrested for what you are doing here.

Weird eh?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    lol @ the hick trying to cherry pick the Koran.
    Please stop calling names and launching personal attacks. You're a mod now, act like it and be respectful of others.

Dude, you are parading your idiotic prejudices as if they were ok.
    They're not really you know.
    I'm not the one calling for the murder of those who don't share my religion. The prejudiced ones are the Muslims who murder people as that vile book says to do just because they are different than them. Isn't that like the very definition of prejudice?

what you are doing is in fact by any scripture, evil.
    You are doing the devils work by causing discourse among mere men.
    But calling for suicide bombings of followers of different religions and beheading Jewish journalists isn't causing discourse at all, right?

Therefore, It's safe to brand you as a satanist and the only reason you attack Islam is because you hate god and you hate peace.
    Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

say, you wouldn't have an electric car would you? And, you're paying for the vacation? Awesome! I can't wait to go on my all expenses paid trip to the middle east to have a look at the love and light that exists within Islam!

BTW, that's the most Christian offer you've made so far!
    No, I do not drive golf carts around, I drive real cars. You're free to trade it in for a golf cart if you like though, if you win it.

When are you planning this vacation?

Matthew 7:3 - Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

You are a dangerous person who is basically preaching hatred.
    Believe it or not, in Canada, you could be arrested for what you are doing here.

Weird eh?
    How am I preaching hatred by showing other's doing exactly that?

Yeah, you guys don't have the right to free speech up there. Sorry about that, as freedom is wonderful.

You know MK, it does say those things. I can't argue with that.

Show now she me whare Chrisitans are stoning non-virgins to death and you'll have a point. See, we aren't such blind followers filled with hate that we take those things literally. And of course you only pulled Old Testament scripture. Chrisitans believe in Jesus and his teachings, which are different than Old Testament laws, rules, etc. Even Jews who don't believe in Jesus and take the Old Testament as the law don't stone non-virgins to death. Or maybe they do and you have examples of it.

And I never saw any verses calling for killing non-Christians.

And again, we are talking about MODERN times. Good luck finding those examples.

And of course you only pulled Old Testament scripture. Chrisitans believe in Jesus and his teachings, which are different than Old Testament laws, rules, etc..
    Then you are misinterpreting Jesus' intent.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

And again, we are talking about MODERN times. Good luck finding those examples.
    The Lord's Resistance Army, a cult guerrilla army engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government, commits numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, porters, and sex slaves.

Of course, I can probably find Biblical verses to justify all of that, if you want me to.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

How am I preaching hatred by showing other's doing exactly that?

Yeah, you guys don't have the right to free speech up there. Sorry about that, as freedom is wonderful.
    Nope, you're preaching hatred by attempting to stir hatred towards a people who happen to have a predominant religion that is different than your own.

I actually have more freedoms and benefits than you may think. Especially free speech! lol.

I mean, I know you'd like us to stop pointing out that YOU are the problem and people like YOU are the problem. But that's not going to happen is it?

You know why? Because YOU are still the problem for most of the world.
    Your line of thinking is so hateful and biased in such an inappropriate manner and misguided by such casual ignorance to a religion that has More than a billion adherants.

Yeah, your little texas drawl shouting "terrorist" at Muslims is not going to make any difference whatsoever.

Heck, I'm only here to continue to point out just how meaningless your drivel is and how it should be countered immediately and corrected.

As you seem to have difficulty with the give and take of conversation as everyone else participates in, I guess we should just resort to shouting back the corrections to you as you make the ignorant statements and errors of judgement.

This is because, you need to hear it, but you won't listen because of your hate.
    I would urge you to go to an Islamic centre and learn. Alternately, you could take it up with them and perhaps have them directly school you in the schoolboy errors of your ways.

For Most of us, there is no question that people will be people.
    Unfortunately, not everyone sees things this way.
    Certainly, that can't be expected as we all hold to different views.
    Knowing that, should be enough to get to common ground.

You know as well as any one that this is true.
    Only you choose to deny it for now.
    Ultimately, that is your choice.

...and good day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Then you are misinterpreting Jesus' intent.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
    How so? The Old Testament said 'An eye for an eye', and Jesus said 'Turn the other cheek'. Maybe the owrd "abolish" is too strong, would you say he came to "change" or "alter" them?

The Lord's Resistance Army, a cult guerrilla army engaged in an armed rebellion against the Ugandan government, commits numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, porters, and sex slaves.
    Oh no, you really got me there.

Next you'll connect Warren Jeffs to mainstream Mormonism and say they still believe in marrying and having sex with girls as young as 12.

Here's a bit on Jeffs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Jeffs

Christian through and through by his telling and his followers telling.
    Fundamentalist Mormon.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The koran has quite a few passages that are, well, violent and quite horrific towards non-believers.
    Luckly moderate and the majority of Muslims today view them as "things of the past" and relic passages of a time long gone.
    But not ALL muslims view them as such.

Just like not all Christians view passages about "love they enemy and pray for who persecutes you" and "judge not", as passages that superceed OT passages that SEEM to advocate violence and such.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Oh no, you really got me there.
    Like it or not, you are in a cult, too. It just happens to be a big one.

Next you'll connect Warren Jeffs to mainstream Mormonism and say they still believe in marrying and having sex with girls as young as 12.
    I love how Christian nutjobs are all isolated incidents in your worldview, but Muslim nutjobs are indicative of the billions of people practicing it.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 08-10-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Christian through and through by his telling and his followers telling.
    Fundamentalist Mormon.
    Wow, I was correct again. I admit I did get the person wrong, but I guess MK was smart enough to not spout that foolishness.

And again, he is not a Christian just because he says so. I could call myself a lawyer, but that does not make me one. His beliefs are in no way shared by those of mainstream Chrisitanity ot Mormonism.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The koran has quite a few passages that are, well, violent and quite horrific towards non-believers.
    You're wrong. Those passages "dont count".

You're wrong. Those passages "dont count".
    Everything counts.
    As a christian I must reconcile the horrifc acts attributed to God in the OT with God as he is revealed in Christ in the NT,
    I may not like it, but I have to do it.

Muslims don't have a "NT" to work with.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Like it or not, you are in a cult, too. It just happens to be a big one.
    We'll see who is right when we both die. I'm not saying I'm headed to Heaven as I am not perfect, but I have a chance. Sadly, you do not. And though we don't get along that does make me sad. I don't want to see anyone going to Hell.

I love how Christian nutjobs are all isolated incidents in your worldview, but Muslim nutjobs are indicative of the billions of people practicing it.
    You're twisting my words. I pointed out you saw Muslims dancing in the streets on 9/11, but you didn't see them doing that when bin-Laden was killed. And I've pointed out the mosques where hatred is preached and where terrorists attend are also attended by large groups of Muslims, not just a couple isolated nutjobs.

And "isolated" is the wrong word. You cant show us ANY incidents of modern Chrisitans hijacking planes in the name of Jesus, or them beheading journalists (or anyone for that matter) over their religious views.