Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Kulo village Pin Sun Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Welcome to the forum chunner!

I think you will find it is Fung Keung (as you mention) but the L & K are next to eachother so it could have been a genuine mistake. But you did ask for the best 'teacher' and was given the best 'fighter'. I doubt that was a mistake too. Just typical response to a simple question imho.

Yes I do Hendrik. But please!! They were not 'my' group lol!!

But I have been advised to continue this discussion in private or stop talking altogether. I'm not willing to share anymore I'm afraid
    Thanks. Coud you please pm me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chunner View Post
    thanks kung fu fighter, i have heard of fung keung but not sure if you're referring to him or is there a fung leung as well?
    I am referring to Fung Leung, he is Fung Keung Brother in shapin

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Roselando View Post
    Hello Chunner,

There are only a few outlets for Pin Sun Wing Chun in the world:

From Sifu Fung Chun's line I can tell you he has a fair amount of pupils that are actively teaching his methods privately. Also, his two sons are teaching in China; Fung Keung and Fung Leung. Fung Keung is his most well known pupil these days with a good reputation as a fighter.

From Sifu Fung Ju's line there are his pupils in Kulo that preserve his first teachers art such as his son Fung Jia Pei and others like Fung Wei Chun, Lao Liu Gen etc.. Sifu Fung Ju also taught very early on but taught the art he learned from his second teacher, Fung Min. This line is preserved in Boston by Mui Wai Hun.

From Fung Sang's line I can tell you there are a number of his pupils teaching in different locations. Fung Ho Chiu was his heir and privately teaches in Hong Kong and the others all work privately.

It is a very small family with only a few outlets for teaching. I recommend looking into the above lines or people connected to them! Making connection with them will also open more doors for you. Most if not all do not have public clubs but can be accessed if someone has is drive to find them.......

Hope this helps.

Peace,
    Jim

hi Jim,

who are the top teachers in pin sun today?
    Thanks Jim, that's nice of you to share. From what I've read it seems like Fung Chun and Fung Min were both students of Wong Wah Sam? What have your experiences been like between the students of both lines? Any noticeable differences?

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    I am referring to Fung Leung, he is Fung Keung Brother in shapin
    thanks what have you heard about fung keung or fung leung as fighters?

Quote Originally Posted by chunner View Post
    Thanks Jim, that's nice of you to share. From what I've read it seems like Fung Chun and Fung Min were both students of Wong Wah Sam? What have your experiences been like between the students of both lines? Any noticeable differences?
    Another line (our line) Leung Jaan to (2nd son) Leung Zi to Ku Ming to Ku Siu Long to Fung (Wai) Lim. Of course, Fung Lim had connections to Fung family. But our line does not really come down from Wong Wah Sam.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Another line (our line) Leung Jaan to (2nd son) Leung Zi to Ku Ming to Ku Siu Long to Fung (Wai) Lim. Of course, Fung Lim had connections to Fung family. But our line does not really come down from Wong Wah Sam.
    Very interesting! it's always fascinating to trace our roots and see where they started.

Chunner,

The main difference being platform and drills are a bit different. Hand skills are pretty much the same. Both were pupils of Wong Wah Sam but Fung Chun's method has some of his own touches in it.

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    Jim

Jim

Hello John,

I read your info. and want to share some of our family history as I think there is a little confusion or stuff that seems odd. See below:

First, Fung Lim & Ku Siu Lung were two of Wong Wah Sam's eight disciples. Fung Lim was not a pupil of Ku Siu Lung but his son, Fung Sang, was the last pupil of Ku before Ku passed away. Fung Sang studied Pin Sun Wing Chun with Ku for the last three years of his life. This was after being trained in Pin Sun Wing Chun by his father so Ku was his second teacher.

It was Fung Lim who developed the 22 Point system. He taught the art to his son-in-law and some others. All 22 Point lineages can be traced directly to him.

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    Jim

Hello John,

I read your info. and want to share some of our family history as I think there is a little confusion or stuff that seems odd. See below:

First, Fung Lim & Ku Siu Lung were two of Wong Wah Sam's eight disciples. Fung Lim was not a pupil of Ku Siu Lung but his son, Fung Sang, was the last pupil of Ku before Ku passed away. Fung Sang studied Pin Sun Wing Chun with Ku for the last three years of his life. This was after being trained in Pin Sun Wing Chun by his father so Ku was his second teacher.

It was Fung Lim who developed the 22 Point system. He taught the art to his son-in-law and some others. All 22 Point lineages can be traced directly to him.

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    Sure, Jim knows best
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Sure, Jim knows best
    Ok you two, seeing as you are the Leung Jan experts..... explain my lineage

http://users.tpg.com.au/davidrea/kungfu/tree.html

We may be related!

Glenn,

Can you tell us more about your systems curriculum and exercises?

What type of single and double Chi Sao platforms are utilized by your lineage?

Thanks,
    Jim

Jim

Glenn,

Can you tell us more about your systems curriculum and exercises?

What type of single and double Chi Sao platforms are utilized by your lineage?

Thanks,
    Jim

Sure Jim, PM me your email and ill scan and send you a very old curriculum.

The lineage make any sense to you?

Glenn,

I sent you a PM.

Lineage? Seems pretty common other than a few details.

I really do not know much about your Leung Chun lineage. I do know a few stories of Leung Jan's family (sons/nephews/etc) that are passed down in the Kulo tradition but would rather not discuss them on the forums.

Do you guys have any clips on Youtube?

Gotta run!

Peace,
    Jim

Glenn,

I sent you a PM.

Lineage? Seems pretty common other than a few details.

I really do not know much about your Leung Chun lineage. I do know a few stories of Leung Jan's family (sons/nephews/etc) that are passed down in the Kulo tradition but would rather not discuss them on the forums.

Do you guys have any clips on Youtube?

Gotta run!

Peace,

Cool, ill send you the curriculum when i get a chance

Chunner,

The main difference being platform and drills are a bit different. Hand skills are pretty much the same. Both were pupils of Wong Wah Sam but Fung Chun's method has some of his own touches in it.

Hope this helps!

Peace,
    Jim

Hi Jim,

Can you comment more on the differences? I respect you may not wish to share specifics, but in general what do u mean by differences in platform, drills? Do you mean a different emphasis or different drills, platform?

And correct me if I'm misunderstanding but is it the case that Fung Min's line is strictly what WWS taught without any touches?