Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: WC is totally effective, if you let it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Could someone please help me figure out what he’s saying pertaining to my post or premise, he said some people here really understand the connection?
    I think Andrew was just saying that as it pertains to BJJ and ground skills that many of the fundamentals and movements are not intuitive at all.

If you are untrained in specifics it is likely you will move the wrong way just going off of athletic movements. Good movement chains in BJJ are like a chess game - each move is designed to elicit a movement which leads to the next move in the sequence which leads to checkmate.

Wing Chun is devastating within it's own idiom. This is no insult. Just as fisticuffs(bare knuckle, fair upright,modern boxing) is a subset of Pankraton, VT is invaluable in it's own right but is part of a larger picture. There is a beginning and end to it's sphere as it stands now.. If it thinks it's the living end, no good. If it works with other methods, invaluable
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-28-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    "Wing Chun is a bell that appears when rung.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tiger View Post
    Wing Chun is devastating within it's own idiom. This is no insult. Just as fisticuffs is a subset of Pankraton, VT is invaluable in it's own right but is part of a larger picture. There is a beginning and end to it's sphere as it stands now.. If it thinks it's the living end, no good. If it works with other methods, invaluable
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Your opinion and every one has one.

joy chaudhuri

Smile He said, he’d rejected my premise

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I think Andrew was just saying that as it pertains to BJJ and ground skills that many of the fundamentals and movements are not intuitive at all.
    If he’s saying that, then he’s agreeing with my premise as far as “mental development” first; within the system you train, because looking at something and thinking that you have it all figured out is a fool’s way to go. I’m talking about development and not intuition.
    Last edited by Ali. R; 04-28-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

joy chaudhuri
    Like something else every one has one of..
    You're right

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

joy chaudhuri
    Look at muay thai...devastating...a complete martial art. But willing to share stage and integrate with other foreign arts. It is a very common striking art used in MMA, combined with whatever. Maybe if VT learned to play well with others a bit more,it would advance the art in un for seen ways
    Last edited by Happy Tiger; 04-28-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Look at muay thai...devastating...a complete martial art. But willing to share stage and integrate with other foreign arts. It is a very common striking art used in MMA, combined with whatever. Maybe if VT learned to play well with others a bit more,it would advance the art in un for seen ways
    Muay Thai hasnt integrated, its MMA that has.
    MT is pretty much the striking style for most MMA guys...... not the other way round

Wing Chun is devastating within it's own idiom. This is no insult. Just as fisticuffs(bare knuckle, fair upright,modern boxing) is a subset of Pankraton, VT is invaluable in it's own right but is part of a larger picture. There is a beginning and end to it's sphere as it stands now.. If it thinks it's the living end, no good. If it works with other methods, invaluable
    Recently I've been working with a trainer who trains San-Da and Kickboxing fighters. His kicks are really really awesome. Strong as trucks and unpredictable as snakes. I've been teaching him KL22 methods to get out of ropes and corners, and he's been teaching me his kicking methods.

Win-win for both of us.

And we both like to play with knives
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Thx you are welcome to your opinion. I analyses and when opportunity arises use wing chun to deal with other arts. Wing chun remains my game and the game keeps developing..

joy chaudhuri