Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: One inch punch

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    @ 12 sec a short po pai to keep a guy going into your next attack ...short force.
    @ 14 sec.... showing that hand chasing is not good, so we use jum to intercept and strike using the short force without retraction. Imagine Moshes punch to board to nose, jaw, throat, etc...and that's sitting down

http://youtu.be/cHYtHyEx7Go
    Drills Kevin but at least Sifu Bayer is making some contact.
    And breaking a board is NOT the same and never will be thew same as hitting an opponent, you guys KNOW this.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Look at the fist KO:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v0vl6iTlC4

This is how boxing express short power off the rear hand.

Look at number 8 and how it starts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEkZW...eature=related
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 05-02-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Drills Kevin but at least Sifu Bayer is making some contact.
    And breaking a board is NOT the same and never will be thew same as hitting an opponent, you guys KNOW this.
    breaking a board is simply proving force capable, the rest is drilling for distance maintenance, balance, etc...iow its a board attached to a moving platform, a jaw, a nose, etc... not rocket science, no need for a slide rule and pipe over this one

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    breaking a board is simply proving force capable, the rest is drilling for distance maintenance, balance, etc...iow its a board attached to a moving platform, a jaw, a nose, etc... not rocket science, no need for a slide rule and pipe over this one
    The "rest" just happens to be the most crucial part, LOL !

Neither are showing anything practical, just drills.
    But you are right that they are not the same, at least the pak mei guy is actually HITTING his partner hard enough ( albeit in a very in-practical way).

The pak mei guy is using a body type mechanics
    and Sifu Lui is using a line type of mechanics.

take a look at sifu Lui hitting the wall bag. I dont think the pak mei guy is Hitting harder then sifu Lui. certainly the Pak mei type of punch has a different penetration then sifu Lui.

I dont want to take a punch from sifu Lui because that is the line type penetration not the body type where one throw one's body to the target.

sure body type can be powerfull too but it is a totally different deal.

that body guard in the Pak Mei clip will never be able to guard against sifu Lui's wall bag punch's penetration into the opponents' body and cause injury.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 05-02-2012 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    The pak mei guy is using a body type mechanics
    and Sifu Lui is using a line type of mechanics.

take a look at sifu Lui hitting the wall bag. I dont think the pak mei guy is Hitting harder then sifu Lui. certainly the Pak mei type of punch has a different penetration then sifu Lui.

I dont want to take a punch from sifu Lui because that is the line type penetration not the body type where one throw one's body to the target. sure body type can be powerfull too but it is a totally different deal.
    Have you seen Sifu Lui hit an opponent with it?
    You keep sayingits a different deal and no one is disagreeing with you in that regard, as I said before, different systems drill it and develop it differently.
    BUT when it comes to using it and expressing it when it counts (hitting another human being that is hitting you back), it all looks the same in the end.

Look at the fist KO:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v0vl6iTlC4

This is how boxing express short power off the rear hand.

That is not a short power. that is a full force body type punch.

The "rest" just happens to be the most crucial part, LOL !
    exactly....we train to deliver a punch not chase hands Our approach is based on delivering a 'line of force' .
    Last edited by k gledhill; 05-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    That is not a short power. that is a full force body type punch.
    And what do you think short power is? an ARM punch?
    You are NOT gonna find "arm extended" striking in a real fight, not by the guy stil standing anyways.
    Lets see how effect your short power arm punch is with boxing gloves.

You keep sayingits a different deal and no one is disagreeing with you in that regard, as I said before, different systems drill it and develop it differently.

BUT when it comes to using it and expressing it when it counts (hitting another human being that is hitting you back), it all looks the same in the end.

1. take a look at the part of the clip which sifu hit the walk bag with full force no pull back.

that type of strike,
    even with the bak mei opponent wearing body guard. it is going to be penetrated and cause injury.

2. sure.
    different systems has different mechanics develop it differently and the result is different. unless the mechanics are clear we really dont know exactly what it is.

3. my view is on how deep the penetration. what magnitude the power can be, how fast is the acceleration.

similar to compare different type of weapon, a spear strike, a cross bow , a short gun. that is the main key.

whether the target hit back or not that is not going to change the characteristics of these weapons.

And what do you think short power is? an ARM punch?
    You are NOT gonna find "arm extended" striking in a real fight, not by the guy stil standing anyways.
    Lets see how effect your short power arm punch is with boxing gloves.

TCMA short power define as power generated with small body parts displacement. got nothing todo with ARM punch.

so, that a look at the clip you post, it is practically throwing the whole body with a large displacement. that doesnt fit the TCMA short power definition.

not saying it is not power full but it is a different type of mechanics..

body type of power generation and line type of power generation are using the joints differently.

The line type power generation refer the joints as bow because they use the bow to shoot and absorve force vectors.

While the body type power generation use joints in a different way instead as a 'bow spring."

so, the term "bow" use in the TCMA line type power generation mechanics is a proper term to refer to a certain thing.

I don't see it in Lui, it looks like just arm hit without proper body structure to support punch, I see many other things that are wrong that will make him even not even deliver any penetrating power, actually his punch is more of an arm push.

I would not count that as proper inch power.

Its not there in Lui.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I don't see it in Lui, it looks like just arm hit without proper body structure to support punch, I see many other things that are wrong that will make him even not even deliver any penetrating power, actually his punch is more of an arm push.

I would not count that as proper inch power.

Its not there in Lui.

Cheers
    Ok.

Pick a YouTube which you think it shows your ideas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sanjuro-I have seen pictures of Lui Ming Fai in contests.And I have met him.He has short power and he can hit hard.
    Some time ago on this forum there were a couple of pics of him in matches.

joy chaudhuri