Thread: Tibetan White Crane

Hybrid View

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    (Deng family Hop-Ga also uses the Kiu-sao single finger hand)
    What can you add to this?
    There are some who think that the single finger bridge hand originated from Lama/Haap Ga, at least as far as Hung Kyun is concerned.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by illusionfist View Post
    There are some who think that the single finger bridge hand originated from Lama/Haap Ga, at least as far as Hung Kyun is concerned.
    yes, I've heard this as well.
    Here's the mystery; Some say that the Lamists were not involved in Fan Ching Fuk Ming, but obviously Wong Yun-Lum was. Perhaps the info to the contrary came more from bad Kung-Fu movies...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    yes, I've heard this as well.
    Here's the mystery; Some say that the Lamists were not involved in Fan Ching Fuk Ming, but obviously Wong Yun-Lum was. Perhaps the info to the contrary came more from bad Kung-Fu movies...
    I once read a website that stated the official history of Bak Mei.
    It was the story from "Executioners from Shaolin".
    So, you may be more right than you know.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Can't speak for the other two traditions (Lama and Hop Gar) but in the Pak Hok that I know or seen so far the Kiu Sao is present only in Siu Ng Yin Kune and for few movements really.
    Some one in Hong Kong told me that in the 80's or 90's came out an article on a local magazine saying that the Lama tradition was a "new" invention made out to stand out of the "crowed"
    Regardless of the historical issue it's truly a wonderful system

records from the Deng family in guangzhou show Wong Yan lam was a rebel fighting the ching.

In Hong Kong Choy Yee Kung walked with a limp because he was trying to escape with Wong Yan Lam from Ching Govt soliders and got stabbed in the leg.

The poems for Cotton in the needle from white crane and Noi Baht Moon hop ga form has hung moon theories in it.

I've seen articles on the web mentioning the 'long range techniques' of Lama. From my own evaluation of what would make sense, it has always seemed that the waist twisting in lau sing kyuhn and other basic techniques are meant to be delivered from close in. Stance breaking, disrupting space, shoulder bashing, destroying bridges, then either delivering a knockout blow unseen from an angle or taking balance and throwing.

I just really couldn't imagine throwing a bin cup, pau choi or chyuhn choi from jabbing range or from a range where the opponent would have a chance to see it and react. I see all these techniques, and most of the others I know, being used close in, almost from standing clinch range or a little further apart. I do understand this is the 'lowest' level of Lama and that there are more advanced short hand techiniques I am unaware of.

I'd be interested to hear comments on this from people who have access to a sifu, as I'm practicing on my own with what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by once ronin View Post
    records from the Deng family in guangzhou show Wong Yan lam was a rebel fighting the ching.

In Hong Kong Choy Yee Kung walked with a limp because he was trying to escape with Wong Yan Lam from Ching Govt soliders and got stabbed in the leg.

The poems for Cotton in the needle from white crane and Noi Baht Moon hop ga form has hung moon theories in it.
    That's really interesting, if that is the case, who is to be assumed to be the creator of the Min Loy Cham poem?