Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: In London -WING CHUN CHI SAO INTERNATIONAL IS COMING IN JUNE !!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    You know Alan, it's okay to admit that you're wrong.
    ^ This. Not sure why people are so afraid of this - it's a forum after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    Yes all footwork and kicking allowed
    Well at least there's that.

Alan

Why don't you put some videos up of your students actually trying to hit you. Anybody can do this........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9mT...feature=relmfu

Pointless unless you can make these things work in proper sparring which I haven't seen you do.

Your ideas on Tan Sau and Bong Sau in sparring are not good for fighting IMO and why most VT practitioners fail when their opponents are throwing uncontrolled un rehearsed punches.

Simply Teachers can make anything work with the co-operation of their students. Even in you demos you look lazy and like you are not trying. Maybe you are scared to show your real skills as it may shock the whole MA world with your prowess.

Post a video of you trying for once without your students throwing controlled slo mo punches and without them not fighting back when you are taking them down.

I would guess I would see anything much that you show in your vids. Maybe I'm wrong.

All I'll probably receive is more BS from you and your promoters.

Who was the guy earlier that accused Gledhill of being a Troll BTW........that guy was a clear out and out idiot

The End

Grahm,

Aside from the Chi Sao comps;

I would say that the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Regardless of whether or not you think Alans clips show him in a realistic manner or not; the FACT is that his guys enter competitions and WIN or at least do well. This gives some credence to his approach.

What I find funny is that some people here deride others for not fighting and act like they have found the Holy Grail of Wing Chun. Yet when people go out, put their skills to the test and it works they are accused of using something other than Wing Chun.

Seems to me that the deriders should step up to the plate and put their skills on the line as well.................then maybe we can see the awesome highly skilled approach they advocate.

Bottom line is that some have opted to step up and test their skills while some sit on the sidelines and Monday morning quarterback while never showing anything even remotely resembling what they say others don't show.

Kind of makes me wonder

Just for the record, I have never really been interested in competition. Not my cup of tea. I did try a few times after I got out of the Army and did compete when I did Judo but never really got into it. Besides..................I CHEAT LOL
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    chi-sao competition = oxymoron
    All right. Everyone's bagging on k. Maybe he brought it on, but whatever.

I think he is saying that chi sau is a drill mostly, and depending on what you're working on, more of a sensitivity drill at that. So turning it into a competition loses much of the value of the drill. Point taken.

k, on the other side of this, you can turn ANY drill into a competition, and from what I've seen in many WCK schools, that approach would benefit most to inspire them to put down their bag of cheese puffs and work up a sweat as opposed to the how shall I put it nicely - "more social" method they have of training when there is no competitive element to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Pointless unless you can make these things work in proper sparring which I haven't seen you do.
    There's absolutely no way a MMA team can amass a record like that without "proper sparring" to include ground training.

I don't think you're that dumb, so you must be a PB white knight in to rescue kev or something.

Seems to me that the deriders should step up to the plate and put their skills on the line as well.................then maybe we can see the awesome highly skilled approach they advocate.
    That's a bit unfair ... Bayer is dealing with resisting opponents (even though they are the students that G discounts as unworthy opponents) in the chi sao competition vids of him that Kev posted.

Haven't seen much of Kev and G at it though, you're correct there.

Plenty of vids of Alan's students fighting, so yes, G is talking crap.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Grahm,

Aside from the Chi Sao comps;

I would say that the proof is in the pudding so to speak.

Regardless of whether or not you think Alans clips show him in a realistic manner or not; the FACT is that his guys enter competitions and WIN or at least do well. This gives some credence to his approach.

What I find funny is that some people here deride others for not fighting and act like they have found the Holy Grail of Wing Chun. Yet when people go out, put their skills to the test and it works they are accused of using something other than Wing Chun.

Bottom line is that some have opted to step up and test their skills while some sit on the sidelines and Monday morning quarterback while never showing anything even remotely resembling what they say others don't show.

Kind of makes me wonder

Just for the record, I have never really been interested in competition. Not my cup of tea. I did try a few times after I got out of the Army and did compete when I did Judo but never really got into it. Besides..................I CHEAT LOL

Excellent post!

It makes me laugh so much when Graham posts on my threads. He always makes the point that my guys success is based on my wing chun not being wing chun! As he keeps saying it was real wing chun like his then it wouldn't work! excellent! lol

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    That's a bit unfair ... Bayer is dealing with resisting opponents (even though they are the students that G discounts as unworthy opponents) in the chi sao competition vids of him that Kev posted.

Haven't seen much of Kev and G at it though, you're correct there.

Plenty of vids of Alan's students fighting, so yes, G is talking crap.
    I started to think maybe I am doing wing chun after all! Doh !

Many thanks for your support. Nice to know I am not alone.
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 11-28-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Alan

Why don't you put some videos up of your students actually trying to hit you. Anybody can do this........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9mT...feature=relmfu

Your ideas on Tan Sau and Bong Sau in sparring are not good for fighting IMO and why most VT practitioners fail when their opponents are throwing uncontrolled un rehearsed punches.

Simply Teachers can make anything work with the co-operation of their students. Even in you demos you look lazy and like you are not trying. Maybe you are scared to show your real skills as it may shock the whole MA world with your prowess.

Post a video of you trying for once without your students throwing controlled slo mo punches and without them not fighting back when you are taking them down.

I would guess I would see anything much that you show in your vids. Maybe I'm wrong.

All I'll probably receive is more BS from you and your promoters.

Who was the guy earlier that accused Gledhill of being a Troll BTW........that guy was a clear out and out idiot

The End

My students are trying to hit me -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJrVX2Nr68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKncYG7rUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBn37HEnv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKkp19KV9xg

These are just light training, but they are trying. You have a very limited mindset Graham and like Kev always jump on my threads to tell us about PB etc I have no idea why.

Yes when doing demo's I am lazy as its just a demo. Wing Chun is not an art of tension and stiffness as you have shown in your demo clip.

If my wing chun is so wrong then come to the chi sao event and enter and show us all how. It you have so much skill it should be more than easy. I will even match up with you so you can show me.

I'm not trying to tell everyone I am the best at wing chun. I really don't care. I am just showing the way we train as I think it can help people that are interested.

Funny thing is I get lots of emails from people that really like it. Also the fighters I teach do very well and are very happy. So why the f-ck would I care about what you think when you do not have a clue.

BTW what is proper sparring? I spar and my guys spar all the time. My guys fight in professional bouts. Is your 'proper' sparring like your wing chun? ie if it does work then it's correct lol
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 11-28-2012 at 06:29 PM.