Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
What kind of tools should be in a 100% Taiji guy's toolbox? Should roundhouse kick, single leg, ... be in that toolbox?
I would imagine whatever tools in his art he can properly develop/train and incorporate into his fighting.

How many MA of today look 100% like they did even 100-200 years ago? Even many new, modern MA like TKD are taught differently than they were 40-50 years ago. Nowadays there are MANY MAists such as karateka, kung fu people, etc., who throw Muay Thai-style round kicks who might never have actually trained in MT itself.

I once saw a team of Wing Chun fighters in a competition who incorporated things like a side-facing stance, jabs, high roundhouse and hook kicks, etc., along with their WC handwork. AFAIK, those things are not considered WC, but they were making it work very well. They were effective with it. Many people might say that isn't WC. 'Should' they have incorporated those things? Since most of them were winning, I think the argument would be meaningless for them.