Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
i still dont see the difference, yes grappling has more techniques but the fundermental goal is the same, takedown and ground and pound or snap, now facing a skilled ground guy i might need all those different tecniques, but against someone clueless i can throw and kick the cr*p out of them, go knee on belly and punch the sh*t out of them or enter straight into a lock and break things, only one of the above calls for me to actually go to the ground with the guy and only for a moment so again i ask whats the fundermental differnece?
When I mentioned ground and pound in grappling knifefighter was quick to point out ground and pound is not grappling... so which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
it may be foolish but you might not have a choice, and again most MMA strikers would much rather finish a lock easily standing rather than have to learn the ground so why dont you think we see more locks on downed opponents with one guy standing and finishing the other guy?
Okay, are we still talking about chin na or are you asking why more standing locks aren't used?