Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
I've seen big strapping guys leave work crying because they weren't used to the way a lot of people in shops and work crews kid anyone for anything, because they had a hard time doing things before they had experience. Afraid of that? I think not.

People are people. Weight lifters aren't any more a concern than most anyone else.
Again, untrained bodybuilders don't prove or disprove anything.

Noob bodybuilders showing up at a construction site where people who are conditioned and have been doing the work for years are performing better than them doesn't prove anything.

Who makes fun of noobs because they suck at things?

Guess what? Skinny people get tapped out on their first day of class, too!

So do functional strength kettlebell dudes and Crossfitters.

So do marathoners.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, actually.

People suck at things they are new at.

But if there are two fighters of equal skill, my money is on the bigger and stronger one every time.

Sometimes the bigger one isn't stronger, although the bigger one probably has better muscular endurance. A 150 pound powerlifter who can bench 350 and a 200 pound bodybuilder who can bench 315, if it was a contest to see who can rep 225 the most, I think the 200 pound guy would win.

I just arbitrarily picked those numbers.

But geez, some of you guys are making it sound like bodybuilders are weaker than the general population. And slower and inflexible. lol.

Bodybuilders are worse at stuff they haven't specifically trained for than people who have specifically trained for it. That's no surprise. That's why you guys tap them out when they are noobs and you have been training for years.

I bet bodybuilders are worse at guitar on their first day of lessons than someone who has been plying for 5 years.

I also bet bodybuilders are worse at fixing cars on their first day than people who have been mechanics for 15 years.

Wow, from this we can deduce that bodybuilding makes you bad at playing guitar and fixing cars!

Come on.