Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
Good stuff.

And for those who want proof the double slit single electron experiment is worth having a look at.

When we interpret Quantum Mechanics it is common to hold the Copenhagen View or the Many Worlds view (personally I like the former).

The Copenhagen as you observed above considers the object existing as a Probability Wave until this wave is forced to collapse by measurement. Once it collapses the other probabilities cease to exist and the object takes a definite position.

The many Worlds interpretation considers that every possibility along the wave becomes manifest in a separate universe. Personally I don't like this one for several physical reasons, but more importantly (for me) from intuition.

The lesser Known 'Many Minds' interpretation may be of interest here as part of this topic. This proposes that the many worlds are split inside the mind of the observer as opposed to being physical universes.

This is the part of Physics that I feel starts to occupy a similar space with spirituality.

The Probability wave itself, when it collapses does it choose a place on the wave by some kind of quantum of free will, or is it genuinely random? Is anything genuinely random? Developments of Quantum Theory will change the way we view the world, physically, philosophically and spiritually.
Yup... We can be friends!

The many worlds theory is interesting but I dunno. I got right into it when I was reading Edward Wittens work. M-Theory is fun to think about. It's just so freakin subjective, u know!
Possibility=actuality is a hard one to swallow.

I don't really distinguish the diff between theoretical physics and philosophy since they are both technically the same thing.

Thomas Young was the man, by the way.

Most people look at me funny when I talk about the duality. Most folks are only aware of three states of matter. Are they even teaching the 4th state in HS yet? Not when I was there. I got in trouble for bringing it up. I was a disruption. My teacher was a GuideBook teacher. Everything she knew was from the teachers guide. I think she was just mad that she couldn't answer a 15 year olds physics question.