Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
Nothing wrong with kickboxing, but I'm starting to disagree a little about all fighting looking the same. That's kind've sort've true IMO, but I'm beginning to see some nuances and I don't think a solid traditional fighter will look like kickboxing 100%. By kind've sort've true is that techniques that work are universal, but there's some nuances... por ejemple, from my perspective TCMA should be less bouncy on the approach, you'll probably see less trading shots from a distance (at least should see less), you should see an attempt at redirection and control / trapping, there should be a presence or interplay of yao / gong, and some play at locks. Some hooking on the hands / arms... etc. Lot's of pak choi / chopping to create openings and a few palm techniques. Should be some shin kicking and nut shots thrown in for good measure (not actually connecting on the nut shots, just show that you could do them)... anyway

Just some thoughts.
Fair enough. There is occasionally someone who really does float like a butterfly. I've known guys who had definite style when they fought and there are even some on say the ufc circuit that have ridiculous style (Anderson Silva comes to mind).