Thread: Decent light sparring vid

Threaded View

That sparring is a tv broadcast over all china. It is touch sparring to show method of different style. But giving face as much as can.

I pick this clip to show how Wck using center guarding center momentum DNA is a superior momentum even under the hsing I cannon.

Imagine if it is spm or BM or hung gar Vesus hsing I, what will happen with those rooted structure. It will be a collision of who is stronger. But here, Wck use its momentum DNA to control. Since Wck is a female art.

It is missing the point to not look at the momentum but demanding hit hard....etc.

Those who has nuclear reaction experience don't have to demand killing people to proof nuclear power. Demanding killing people but know not the nuclear science and technology shows one doesn't know nuclear .

As you can see from the beginning, for tc101 , mma is Wck , Wck can freely define......

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That point at the 6 minute mark you refer to they are not sparring that was a demonstration sort of this is what I would do.

Are you watching the same video? The dude actually took off his glasses and hiked up his sleeves! This was not a demo. This was light sparring pure and simple.

The sparring was not very good. I could go into detail but going at speed does not make something decent or good.

Everyone's a critic. Not every post in this forum has to be in a negative tone! In that light bout with the Hsing I guy I saw Jerry maintain his Wing Chun structure, zoom in on the guy's center and stay there most of the time, make good enough contact a couple of times that if they were going hard it would have been a good blow, and stick to the guy even when he rushed in and tried to "bowl him over." Were mistakes made? Sure. A live scenario seldom plays out like one hopes. But Jerry did better than a whole lot of other Wing Chun footage posted out there.

A big difficulty in training is taking the stuff you do when practicing technique like from chi sao or lop sao or hitting mitts and so forth and transfering that to sparring. Boxers have figured it out but I do not think most traditional schools have and it looks like these guys haven't.

How do you know? They weren't wearing gloves and trying to take each other's heads off. These were friendly exchanges. You don't walk into someone else's school and try to kick the crap out of them. You don't ask someone if you can "compare hands" with them and then bust their nose by doing closed fist strikes to the face. If the truth was known, many of the famous "roof-top" bouts of Yip Man's era were very likely somewhat like this video clip. No one was trying to maim the other guy, and no protective equipment was used. These were "friendly exchanges" between people who do not train together and do not know each other. They were out to make friends not enemies. So lighten up!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-07-2013 at 06:35 PM.