Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent light sparring vid

That sparring is a tv broadcast over all china. It is touch sparring to show method of different style. But giving face as much as can.

I pick this clip to show how Wck using center guarding center momentum DNA is a superior momentum even under the hsing I cannon.

Imagine if it is spm or BM or hung gar Vesus hsing I, what will happen with those rooted structure. It will be a collision of who is stronger. But here, Wck use its momentum DNA to control. Since Wck is a female art.

It is missing the point to not look at the momentum but demanding hit hard....etc.

Those who has nuclear reaction experience don't have to demand killing people to proof nuclear power. Demanding killing people but know not the nuclear science and technology shows one doesn't know nuclear .

As you can see from the beginning, for tc101 , mma is Wck , Wck can freely define......

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    That point at the 6 minute mark you refer to they are not sparring that was a demonstration sort of this is what I would do.

Are you watching the same video? The dude actually took off his glasses and hiked up his sleeves! This was not a demo. This was light sparring pure and simple.

The sparring was not very good. I could go into detail but going at speed does not make something decent or good.

Everyone's a critic. Not every post in this forum has to be in a negative tone! In that light bout with the Hsing I guy I saw Jerry maintain his Wing Chun structure, zoom in on the guy's center and stay there most of the time, make good enough contact a couple of times that if they were going hard it would have been a good blow, and stick to the guy even when he rushed in and tried to "bowl him over." Were mistakes made? Sure. A live scenario seldom plays out like one hopes. But Jerry did better than a whole lot of other Wing Chun footage posted out there.

A big difficulty in training is taking the stuff you do when practicing technique like from chi sao or lop sao or hitting mitts and so forth and transfering that to sparring. Boxers have figured it out but I do not think most traditional schools have and it looks like these guys haven't.

How do you know? They weren't wearing gloves and trying to take each other's heads off. These were friendly exchanges. You don't walk into someone else's school and try to kick the crap out of them. You don't ask someone if you can "compare hands" with them and then bust their nose by doing closed fist strikes to the face. If the truth was known, many of the famous "roof-top" bouts of Yip Man's era were very likely somewhat like this video clip. No one was trying to maim the other guy, and no protective equipment was used. These were "friendly exchanges" between people who do not train together and do not know each other. They were out to make friends not enemies. So lighten up!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-07-2013 at 06:35 PM.

To answer my own question.....

Jerry is Jerry Yeung. WSL lineage:

http://cranesproduction.net/index.ph...51c3c7f0c8ab4c

IMHO,

Wck is Wck. Wck 1850 Wck 2013 all is Wck. Different lineages ... All is Wck. Some perform better some less, we all has the same momentum DNA.

That is the beauty of Wck.

I seldom want to talk fighting because what is the point ? Who is better ..etc just ego .
    I focus on the art. Knowing the art knowing momentum, one knows , as in the above Jerry case, he handle hsing yi gracefully.

if we don't even know what is Wck but keep talking who is better in fighting or how you can beat me . What is the point? No point but ego game. Got nothing to do with wck the art.

The Chinese says one mountain has other mountain higher. I am not interested in which mountain is higher , but interested in what is nuclear technology and who has it.

To answer my own question.....

Jerry is Jerry Yeung. WSL lineage:

http://cranesproduction.net/index.ph...51c3c7f0c8ab4c
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-07-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Wck use its momentum DNA to control. Since Wck is a female art. .....
    Other arts also use momentum as well. In the following clip at:

- 15.12, the 打崩(Da Beng),
    - 15.36, the 冲捶(Chong Chui),

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlq...t#.UdoaUxTn_L8
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Sure .

different type of momentum.
    Based on a different engine and Jin type.
    A different type of art.

For Wck. One can learn all the tan bong...etc, but if know not the momentum, then one still not doing Wck.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Other arts also use momentum as well. In the following clip at:

- 15.12, the 打崩(Da Beng),
    - 15.36, the 冲捶(Chong Chui),

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlq...t#.UdoaUxTn_L8
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-07-2013 at 07:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sure .

different type of momentum.
    Based on a different engine and Jin type.
    A different type of art.

For Wck. One can learn all the tan bong...etc, but if know not the momentum, then one still not doing Wck.
    So what's the difference between WC momentum and Baji momentum?

p = mv,

where

p = momentum,
    m = mass,
    v = velocity,

which is just simple physics and has nothing to do with MA style difference.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Wck momentum is capture center guarding center, Baji does not do that.

Your physics equation is incomplete because momentum is a vector quantity , and capture center guarding center give the direction to make momentum vector quantify complete.

So what's the difference between WC momentum and Baji momentum?

p = mv,

where

p = momentum,
    m = mass,
    v = velocity,

which is just simple physics and has nothing to do with MA style difference.

Wck momentum is capture center guarding center, Baji does not do that.

Your physics equation is incomplete because momentum is a vector quantity , and capture center guarding center give the direction to make momentum vector quantify complete.
    Blah blah blah.......... isnt this thread on sparring?

Happy to turn it into "Hendriks Physics Lessons 101"?

Or "its 1850 or nothing!"?

Perhaps "Bong Sao.... is yours DNA infused??"?

God, youre lost

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Blah blah blah.......... isnt this thread on sparring?

Happy to turn it into "Hendriks Physics Lessons 101"?

Or "its 1850 or nothing!"?

Perhaps "Bong Sao.... is yours DNA infused??"?

God, youre lost
    I do not think he is lost. I think he has the agenda to spread the real wing chin as he sees it and this so consumes him that every topic morphs into that in his mind. He also displays classic signs of mental illness. Dealing with mentally ill people can be frustrating.

So what's the difference between WC momentum and .
    I would say that Wing Chun is like constantly driving a wedge into the center of the opponent. Occupy the center, keep the center, attack the center. Other systems don't do that. As Hendrik has pointed out to me, SPM doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    I do not think he is lost. I think he has the agenda to spread the real wing chin as he sees it and this so consumes him that every topic morphs into that in his mind. He also displays classic signs of mental illness. Dealing with mentally ill people can be frustrating.
    Let me give you some friendly advice. Several years ago, I certainly didn't see eye to eye with Hendrik and used to badger the hell out of him every time he posted. Believe me, he has improved considerably in his posting style since then! But I learned that it didn't make much difference. It got my blood pressure up and occupied a lot of my time needlessly monitoring what he wrote. But it didn't change Hendrik one bit. If you don't like what he has to say, just ignore him. Don't let him get you irritated.

That sparring is a tv broadcast over all china. It is touch sparring to show method of different style. But giving face as much as can.

I pick this clip to show how Wck using center guarding center momentum DNA is a superior momentum even under the hsing I cannon.

Imagine if it is spm or BM or hung gar Vesus hsing I, what will happen with those rooted structure. It will be a collision of who is stronger. But here, Wck use its momentum DNA to control. Since Wck is a female art.

It is missing the point to not look at the momentum but demanding hit hard....etc.

Those who has nuclear reaction experience don't have to demand killing people to proof nuclear power. Demanding killing people but know not the nuclear science and technology shows one doesn't know nuclear .

As you can see from the beginning, for tc101 , mma is Wck , Wck can freely define......
    No mma is not wing chun to me and wing chin is not mma. I was remarking that the sparring was low level amaturish and explaining that this was because these guys had obviously at least to me never gone through a progressive sparring training regimen like boxers do to develop their sparring skill.

Please read my comments. I did not say they were not hitting hard enough. I said just the opposite. They are going too hard for their level. Sloppiness and bad form is the sign you are going too hard in your sparring. I said they should be using good form but going lightly.

For you this seems to be a good example of the wing chin approach to use momentum to control the center but it was presented as a good example of sparring and that is what I was commenting on. If those guys sparred with some people with developed sparring skills they would have been trounced and never been able to use their capture the centre momentum.

Wing chun cannot be defined but is easily recognizable. No doubt those guys were wing chun people I never said they were not. They were wing chin people who have never developed their sparring skill.

Let me give you some friendly advice. Several years ago, I certainly didn't see eye to eye with Hendrik and used to badger the hell out of him every time he posted. Believe me, he has improved considerably in his posting style since then! But I learned that it didn't make much difference. It got my blood pressure up and occupied a lot of my time needlessly monitoring what he wrote. But it didn't change Hendrik one bit. If you don't like what he has to say, just ignore him. Don't let him get you irritated.
    He does not frustrate me I was offering that to others. Thank you though. I am used to dealing with the mentally ill so it is water off a duck. I do worry about the people who take him seriously though.

I would say that Wing Chun is like constantly driving a wedge into the center of the opponent. Occupy the center, keep the center, attack the center. Other systems don't do that. As Hendrik has pointed out to me, SPM doesn't do that.
    I agree with you. Wing chin plan A is dominate the center.

I don't know who these guys are or what lineage they are from. Maybe someone who speaks Chinese can fill us in. Wing Chun facing various other styles in light glove-less sparring. Jerry sticks to his Wing Chun structure very well, Phillip not so much. Hendrik pointed this clip out to me. Particularly watch Jerry facing one of the Hsing I guys near the end of that section at the 6 minute mark. Jerry does a good job of "triangulating" right to the guys center, and keeping a relatively "unrooted" stance that allows him to be moved by the other guy without being overwhelmed, losing his structure and without losing contact with the opponent. This particular exchange is an example, to a small extent, of some of the things Hendrik has been talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxFsAaC4XK8
    Just friendly sparring, nothing too good OR too bad about it per say.
    I have always liked when guys from different systems get together and spar ( even when it is light sparring).
    Its a good learning process for all involved.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !