Thread: Tim Larkin explains self-defense techniques | MMA...

Threaded View

Bull****, the traditional martial artist wouldn't have smacked a girl in the face for no reason. that tough guy got his ass kick cause he was over confident. I used this story in my book, the chapter called {Street Vs Tournament}. A wrestling champion picked a fight with a slim unassuming man and put him in a rear naked choke, the guy pulled out a small knife and swung back at him ending up catching him in the neck. The wrestler died. In my book was a second story, of a young wrester coach I had in Beijing also had a similar incident. It illustrates how grappling and sport fighting can be dangerous if you are over confident in a street fight.

kung fu right now is going through this because people who aren't competitive fighters are trying to beat guys who are, and at their own game, it's ridiculous. if your art wasn't developed for that ,but you want to compete you need to train for competitions. I used ninjutsu strategies back in the 90s against three bigger guys outside a bar in the early morning hours in NYC. if I had used bjj or wrestling strategies I'm sure I would have wound up in the hospital that night.

Last edited by wiz cool c; 06-02-2017 at 12:59 AM.