There is a very strong link between religion and many MA. The type of link is curious. Islam, which preaches war and killing of the 'kuffar' sees combat as religious duty and the reward is getting jiggy in a *****house afterworld. (I'm being flip, but I'm tired of quoting Surahs and Hadith and history - look it up yourself.)

Certain branches of buddhism use martial arts training as a tool to break through the grasping of dualistic thought. But does not preach or encourage violent behavior.

Christanity has no religous connection to martial arts - in fact when fighting off Islamic invaders, the soilders of the Eastern Roman Empire were forbidden holy communion.

Personally, I think there is a spritual aspect to some CMA practice - but i prefer the spiritual starement - not religious.

My old SPM coach used to try and convert everyone to Christanity, but he also thought St.Thomas was the ****sexual disciple because he cried and needed Jesus to comfort him - 'code' in the old world. I told that one to an Orthodox bishop at a party - he spit his beer out he was laughing so hard.